Sponsored by:

Exterior / Interior Color Combinations

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Brabazon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior / Interior Color Combinations

I am close to ordering my first "new" Corvette and I would appreciate some advice on Interior color selections. I am fairly squared away on the selected options. However, I am struggling with which Interior color to select with the Velocity Yellow (G8A) Exterior color.

As background, here is the proposed build:

Z51 Coupe
3LT Interior Package with the Sueded Microfiber Seat Inserts (IL6)
7 Speed Manual
Magnetic Selective Ride Control (FE4)
Performance Exhaust (NPP)
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim (FAY)
Carbon Flash Hood Stripe (DTW)

With the above as background, would your preference be to select the Brownstone or the Kalahari Interior color ??

I would truly appreciate input from those that may have seen both interiors. In your opinion, which of these two interiors will look classier with the VY ?? Which one will "stand the test of time" ?? I intend to keep the car of 10 to 15 years.

One thought is, since the Brownstone is only available with the 3LT Package, there will be fewer of those interiors, for what that may be worth.

Any other thoughts you may have on the build or colors will also be appreciated. Ordering a $70K new Corvette and not being able to personally see the interior differences is very difficult for me. I live in south Texas and feel a Jet Black interior will absorb too much heat in the summer. I appreciate your opinions and any help can provide.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:56 AM
DBott1234
Advanced

I think with the yellow you have to go black. I don't think anything would look right besides black.

As far as the heat goes, get it tinted up as dark as you can. There isn't a whole lot of cabin space to cool down and the AC'd seats should help you out in that front.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:03 AM
RLCullum
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Default VY and Kalahari

I have had two yellow/black Vetts in the past, and this time I wanted a change so I went with Kalahari -- and love it. I will admit that black may go slightly better with the VY, but IMO black does not show off the fantastic interior nearly as well as Kalahari. I have no regrets and have had a lot of compliments.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:23 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by RLCullum
I went with Kalahari -- and love it.
Have you posted pictures? I haven't seen that combo yet and it is one that I have been looking forward to seeing.

If you have posted pics, please give link.......IF not, please post some. TIA
Old 01-20-2014, 10:24 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DBott1234
I think with the yellow you have to go black. I don't think anything would look right besides black.

As far as the heat goes, get it tinted up as dark as you can. There isn't a whole lot of cabin space to cool down and the AC'd seats should help you out in that front.
With black you will never be sorry...I've had it 5 1/2 yrs and still looks great. My C7 will have black as well.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Eodgunny
Instructor

I have the exact car on order with the black interior... I couldn't imagine anything else.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Go with the Brownstone. Kilahari would look orange. I have the Brownstone and get nothing but compliments.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Brabazon
Intermediate

I have had two yellow/black Vetts in the past, and this time I wanted a change so I went with Kalahari -- and love it. I will admit that black may go slightly better with the VY, but IMO black does not show off the fantastic interior nearly as well as Kalahari. I have no regrets and have had a lot of compliments.
Cullum,

You hit on one of my main concerns with black interior selection. The lack of contrast between black interior and the other fantastic interior elements. I wish I could see a Kalahari interior together with a VY exterior color. Would you post some of your interior. It would help others trying to make the decision. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Brabazon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by robertbrucef
Go with the Brownstone. Kilahari would look orange. I have the Brownstone and get nothing but compliments.
Robert,

I would love to see pictures of your interior with the VY. It would be very helpful if you would be kind enough to share some interior pictures.

There are a lot to exterior photos but very few with good interior shots. I appreciate your help. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

I'm partial to Brownstone. With the extra suede that the other colors don't get it is in a class by itself.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Brabazon
Intermediate

DBott,

I appreciate your input but sometimes in south Texas the interiors get so hot. I love the Black interiors. Living somewhere else I would select that color combination in a NY minute. I have owned Black interior cars, in the past, and they seem to absorb more heat and radiate that heat back for a longer time.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:55 PM
fredl11
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 32 Posts

With Yellow I'd probably go with Brownstone. There should be a Yellow Vert with it here

http://www.auto.com/cars/Chevrolet-C...YF3D77E5109780

Old 01-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Yellow/Brownstone!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM
ersin
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I love brownstone, but I think the Kalahari is better for yellow. In fact, I believe black to be the best fit for yellow. (Just make sure you cover the windows to keep the sun from baking the insides down there in TX.) This is just my opinion so really, get what makes you happy.

Cheers.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:04 PM
sdcnews
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 13 Posts

Default VY interior

I ordered VY 3LT with Kalahari interior Should get it in about a month. I think Black, brownstone or Kalahari all look great with yellow. I found a few guys on this forum who have VY/Kalahari and they all say they love it. So, I'd say pick your favorite, don' think you can go wrong.

BTW IMHO white,silver, and yellow really pop on the C7, although I haven't seen a C7 i didn't like
Old 01-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Brabazon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fredl11
With Yellow I'd probably go with Brownstone. There should be a Yellow Vert with it here

http://www.auto.com/cars/Chevrolet-C...YF3D77E5109780

Fred,

I appreciate the link. Thank you. I like how it looks. Best shot yet of the two colors together. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:00 PM
0-60B4U
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brownstone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yellow is the perfect exterior color for it.

Get notified of new replies

To Exterior / Interior Color Combinations

Old 01-21-2014, 07:08 PM
RLCullum
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Default VY Kalahari

As I said earlier, black may be a slightly better choice for pure color aesthetics, however, to me that is too much "off the shelf" while Kalahari is truly a custom job (chances no dealer will put one on his showroom floor).
I really love my choice, gets lots of positive comments, and have no regrets. I also have a yellow 68 with black and had a yellow 05, also black and loved both of them, but not as much as this one.

You cannot go wrong either way.

Name:  Interior 800.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  Dash from outside 800.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  Seats 800.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  132.5 KB
Old 01-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Brabazon
Intermediate

As I said earlier, black may be a slightly better choice for pure color aesthetics, however, to me that is too much "off the shelf" while Kalahari is truly a custom job (chances no dealer will put one on his showroom floor).
I really love my choice, gets lots of positive comments, and have no regrets. I also have a yellow 68 with black and had a yellow 05, also black and loved both of them, but not as much as this one.

You cannot go wrong either way.

Attachment 47760905

Attachment 47760906

Attachment 47760907
Cullum,

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. The combination looks great together. The pictures are a big help. I wish more people included interior pictures.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Brabazon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sdcnews
I ordered VY 3LT with Kalahari interior Should get it in about a month. I think Black, brownstone or Kalahari all look great with yellow. I found a few guys on this forum who have VY/Kalahari and they all say they love it. So, I'd say pick your favorite, don' think you can go wrong.

BTW IMHO white,silver, and yellow really pop on the C7, although I haven't seen a C7 i didn't like
sdcnews,

Thanks. I appreciate your input. I agree. I don't think I can go wrong with either choice.

Quick Reply: Exterior / Interior Color Combinations