Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, C7 vs C6Z.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:18 AM
KaMiSxY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know how much power the new Z will have?
Did I miss it?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:37 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
......I drive over the speed limit sometimes too I guess you want to have a talk with me about that also

C6 brain cramp is not a Bit%h slap at the C6....but rather at those few C6 owners that come into the C7 section only to try to question if it's better(over and over again).

You posted a meaningless street race video that only those with night vision glasses could see ( but of course it was plain as day to you)....that's my opinion of it...... meaningless.

If you don't like my humor I could care less...

All your thread has left is humor and butthurt.....no one is even talking about your night vision video anymore.....except to say they cant see anything

I am detecting a cramp in your skull buddy
Lol no cramp, just humor as you said.

I was just polity saying that you are portraying yourself as a 15 yr old girl who is dreaming of the day they might own a vette. I'm sure some others view you the same way. Even some of your C7 buddies.

And no... You have put down the C6 in general. Shall I quote you so that your 15 yr old brain might remember? Seems to be a common theme through out this thread.

And meaningless? Yeah, it would be to a guy who thinks the C7 is the holy grail of cars.

A great video? Nah... A end all, tell all? Nope... The C6Z over and over again walking away and away from the C7 in a roll on scenario which is the closest most vette owners will ever get to racing their cars? Certainly meaningful. At least a little

Last edited by JsnMR2; 01-10-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:40 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

Originally Posted by KaMiSxY
Anyone know how much power the new Z will have?
Did I miss it?
Rumor is 620 HP 650 TQ.

Should find out for sure on Monday.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:44 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by JsnMR2
Lol no cramp, just humor as you said.

I was just polity saying that you are portraying yourself as a 15 yr old girl who is dreaming of the day they might own a vette. I'm sure some others view you the same way. Even some of your C7 buddies.

And no... You have put down the C6 in general. Shall I quote you so that your 15 yr old brain might remember? Seems to be a common theme through out this thread.
Have at it......Quote me Dad.....this should be interesting.....

Like I said....humor and butthurt is all that's left

....but that's more entertaining than your video...hahaha

Ouote me while I powder my nose
Old 01-10-2014, 02:34 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

because you own a C6 Z06.....that will become truly obsolete on Jan 13th
....but since you are struggling to come to terms with how good the C7 is, you are suffering from whats known as C6 brain cramp.

This affliction causes the mind to malfunction and over heat....kinda like dropping a valve....

..... your brain then starts to "bleed green"

Your thoughts then become incomprehensible babble...as in your case

But it is not your fault.....you are suffering ......

Selling your ZEEEEEE OHHHHHH 6

.....and obtaining the new sexy C7 in stingray or Z form....

.....will relieve the severe swelling that's pressing on your brain....

...causing you to talk/type like a fool......

.....Now sell sell sell and get well well well my friend
Anybody who has a C7 could have easily purchased one (or 2) of the old obsolete BIG BOOYEE ones....like the one you have
So, these comments only apply to C6 people who don't love the C7 as much as you do? The "obsolete" comments don't apply to EVERY C6 owner on this forum? That makes perfect sense, just like everything else you post.

Also... You keep referring to this as "your" video, and you imply that it's not getting any more attention. Being that it in fact is NOT my video, I could give a rats *** if people care to watch it or pay it any attention.

Please, keep contributing to the humor aspect of this thread. It's the only thing keeping it going now! I for one don't mind having fun with it.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:34 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol the responses are as I expected. I mean no offence to anyone here. I have seen a LOT of yip yapping on the forums about people thinking the C7 is as quick, or at least close to a C6Z.

Coming from someone who does AutoX and has gotten into road racing, lets face it, the extent of MOST vette owners racing is on the street, or maybe on a drag strip once or twice. Regardless of the poor video quality (I agree), it CLEARLY shows the C6Z dominating from a roll. Anyone with half a brain would know the C6Z would beat out the C7 in a drag race as well given equal conditions and drivers.

I'm not C7 bashing... I own a H/C/I C6Z, and will move on to a C7Z when I'm ready. I'm not a first year car kind of guy, so I'll enjoy my Z for the time being.

After all the talk on here about these two cars, you would think a video comparison would be welcome. Don't have your panties in a twist folks. It's all in good fun.

Let's not forget the video that was posted by corvetteforum. The "modified" C6 vs the C7. A lot of C7 owners sure were happy to see that one! Show some good taste and don't hate so much when you don't like something.
"clearly shows"?? i admittedly know next to nothing about corvettes, but can you really tell anything at all from this video? all i see is some bright lights, that appear to be moving?
Old 01-10-2014, 02:41 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

Originally Posted by thedofuss
"clearly shows"?? i admittedly know next to nothing about corvettes, but can you really tell anything at all from this video? all i see is some bright lights, that appear to be moving?
Seriously. I'm not kidding when I say something must be wrong with the monitor for those who claim they can not see anything at all.

The video CLEARLY shows a camera mounted to the front drivers side fender of a C6Z. It even shows the Z06 emblem for most of the video.

You can obviously tell that it is a C7 running next to the C6Z. You honestly have to be blind to not see this, or have monitor issues. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything.

Does the C7 become out of focus or not in sight during times of the video? Yeah it does, but you still can tell what's going on when that happens.

You can clearly hear three honks, and then hear them floor it. You can even see the C7 get a slight jump in at least one of the runs.

They ran enough times to see that the results are the same each time.

The video is far from perfect. As I already said, it's not an end all tell all. It's one example to show what would happen from a rolling start. That's it. Nothing more.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

So, these comments only apply to C6 people who don't love the C7 as much as you do? The "obsolete" comments don't apply to EVERY C6 owner on this forum? That makes perfect sense, just like everything else you post.

Also... You keep referring to this as "your" video, and you imply that it's not getting any more attention. Being that it in fact is NOT my video, I could give a rats *** if people care to watch it or pay it any attention.

Please, keep contributing to the humor aspect of this thread. It's the only thing keeping it going now! I for one don't mind having fun with it.
Weak sauce my friend......very weak

..Obsolete was only my humorous take on what Tadge said...and the huge thread on that......maybe you missed it

...and me referring to it as your video.....(Hey you posted it Dad....I can understand why you want to distance yourself from that crap)

What the heck does me referring to it as your video have to do with me taking shots at the C6...and you question my intelligence

You have proven nothing but that you are overly sensitive to my comments ...like a 15 year old girl

You think I don't have a right to an opinion cause I don't have my Vette in hand yet and my name is HEMI DAVE

.......Yeah...that's it.....

.....Yup....nailed it

Now I am sure you are going to try and deny that.....

...Mr politically correct..haha

....but since you only commented at me for insulting people

....I wonder how you missed the other owners of C6's doing exactly that.....

I could quote them for you so your 15 year old pimple faced brain can remember

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 01-10-2014 at 03:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:07 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by thedofuss
It's JSNMR2 running naked thru the streets with a flash light ....that's all I could make out....I think
Old 01-10-2014, 03:13 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

Weak sauce my friend......very weak

..Obsolete was only my humorous take on what Tadge said...and the huge thread on that......maybe you missed it

...and me referring to it as your video.....(Hey you posted it Dad....I can understand why you want to distance yourself from that crap)

What the heck does me referring to it as your video have to do with me taking shots at the C6...and you question my intelligence

You have proven nothing but that you are overly sensitive to my comments ...like a 15 year old girl

You think I don't have a right to an opinion cause I don't have my Vette in hand yet and my name is HEMI[B] DAVE

.......Yeah...that's it.....

.....Yup....nailed it

Now I am sure you are going to try and deny that.....

...Mr politically correct..haha

....but since you only commented at me for insulting people

....I wonder how you missed the other owners of C6's doing exactly that.....

I could quote them for you so your 15 year old pimple faced brain can remember
Also... You keep referring to this as "your" video
See the "Also" ..? That indicates changing subjects. Therefore you referring to it as my video, has exactly nothing to do with you insulting C6 owners. I never indicated that. So yes, I do in fact question your intelligence lol.

Another reason to question your intelligence? I never said you were not entitled to your opinion because you do not own a C7 yet. Someone else said that... I simply said you had a big mouth for someone who does not own a corvette yet, and said that it would be interesting when and if you ever do.

Want another reason? I have openly said that the BS was coming from both sides. Never said the C6 owners were saints.

Funny when people run out of anything good to say, they just start putting words into peoples mouths.. Or posts..
Old 01-10-2014, 03:17 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

See the "Also" ..? That indicates changing subjects. Therefore you referring to it as my video, has exactly nothing to do with you insulting C6 owners. I never indicated that. So yes, I do in fact question your intelligence lol.

Another reason to question your intelligence? I never said you were not entitled to your opinion because you do not own a C7 yet. Someone else said that... I simply said you had a big mouth for someone who does not own a corvette yet, and said that it would be interesting when and if you ever do.

Want another reason? I have openly said that the BS was coming from both sides. Never said the C6 owners were saints.

Funny when people run out of anything good to say, they just start putting words into peoples mouths.. Or posts..
Yup...I nailed it....
Old 01-10-2014, 03:21 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

One more reason.. You imply that I think you don't have a right to an opinion partly because your name is Hemi Dave. Have you paid any attention to my SN on here? Since when do MR2's have anything at all to do with Vettes? By your theory, I must think that I should not have an opinion here either, I suppose. Or is it OK because I meet one of the requirements (actually owning a vette)?
Old 01-10-2014, 03:22 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

Yup...I nailed it....
Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

The video posted is fine and even though it's not on a bright sunny day it shows what it does. The ones who don't see or lack the ability to discern what takes place have the problem.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:33 AM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sfc rick
The video posted is fine and even though it's not on a bright sunny day it shows what it does. The ones who don't see or lack the ability to discern what takes place have the problem.

Exactly, even a blind person could see those C7 headlights going backwards. At a quick pace I might add.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

One more reason.. You imply that I think you don't have a right to an opinion partly because your name is Hemi Dave. Have you paid any attention to my SN on here? Since when do MR2's have anything at all to do with Vettes? By your theory, I must think that I should not have an opinion here either, I suppose. Or is it OK because I meet one of the requirements (actually owning a vette)?
I am standing by what I said

....you and some others feel that since I am HEMI DAVE and/or don't currently have a Vette in hand somehow I have no right to type..

......Really guy???? LOL!!

...and it doesn't matter to you and yours that I have a C7 on the way...because I don't actually have it....or I am fibbing

Yeah....I nailed it

But trust me...I don't care.....it's common on car forums....it's common in life.

It gives me an opportunity to poke fun at it

I feel you are acting way too serious about this.....

....I am actually laughing as I type....

I am not mad at you.....but you need to lighten up ....for your own sanity

You were cool when I saw you running with that flashlight in your video though.......trying to pass that darkness off as a street race was classic

Snorman offered a real test.....that one will have FAR more relevance if someone actually takes him up on it.

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 01-10-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I give this post 3 snaps up !

Too funny of a read !

Get notified of new replies

To Finally, C7 vs C6Z.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Senecagreen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see C6 brain cramp is contagious.....I was unaware of that until right now......until just this very moment......

My child....You sound like Mike Tyson teaching an algebra class....

Yes......it saddens me to say you are now a sophomoric, unintelligible, nincompoop.....

I hope it does not come down to you needing a medically necessary bit%h slap to get your senses back, like my other green bleeding friend

But take comfort in the following fact.....

.....Along with my 4 door 392 hemi Charger.....

I also own a 2 door 392 hemi Challenger......

...and have a C7 on the way......

No empathy needed for me my friend....take care now
I see, still seats 4, it's okay you will have the C7 soon
Old 01-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Senecagreen
I see, still seats 4, it's okay you will have the C7 soon
Yeah....they say the same thing about a GTR...seats 4
Old 01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by sfc rick

I'm sorry but I forgot my GSG-9 Night Vision package. You folks are doing quite a good job taking jabs at people by the way.

Classic behavior of an insecure person(s).

Quick Reply: Finally, C7 vs C6Z.