Sponsored by:

Chrome Grill fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew6
These are DRL's in white and amber for turn signals as well. I'll try and get more up later but this will give you an idea.

TheDoubleAA.com

Make sure there isn't a Legal issue doing that.

Some Ricers and Low Riders get ticketed for adding Neon lighting that is in violation of the Vehicle Code. Might be the same problem for you.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Dave@gotboostPerf
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rice rice baby

I like mine better. Blacked it out with matte black vinyl.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:38 AM
ColeTrain'sC5
Melting Slicks

I don't care for it but that's just me. To each his own. I like the blacked out one though
Old 02-02-2014, 07:30 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
:agree:

Actually, I think de-accentuating the chrome strip is what most people want, not lighting it up and bringing more attention to it.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I bet the Chrome strip will disappear in future iterations. It looks completely out of place on a car that has no other chrome features. Not sure how it ever made the cut in the first place.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 AM
FrancisDGarcia
Racer

I like the way it matches with my chrome wheels, but, I was born in the fifties.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Yamanator
Instructor

It's not bad. I have that light setup on my boat... but it's a boat. Never really been a fan of them in a car. Like the amber corvette logo thats a nice touch and absolutely love the stormtrooper when the door opens. How much for that setup? I'm ordering an AW and that's the first thing I thought of too. I'm not turned off by the light strip but it's not enough of a draw for what is probably the cost of it. I'm sure it looks a lot better in person.

For those people ragging on him ricer this blah blah etc. You know the vette has a reputation too and some could easily shoot back at you sorry forgot each vette has to be equiped with a set of golf clubs, a C4 corvette pride hat on the dash and a cheesy pace car jacket from the 90's. This new vette is a new animal and is going to draw newer people and different likes. To each his own.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

From a distance the blacked out one doesn't look good to me, looks like it's missing something... I would leave the chrome on before doing any black out. That is just my opinion. I wanted something different and all the videos in the world won't show you how great it really looks so please do continue with how ricey it looks.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Txa99ie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yamanator
It's not bad. I have that light setup on my boat... but it's a boat. Never really been a fan of them in a car. Like the amber corvette logo thats a nice touch and absolutely love the stormtrooper when the door opens. How much for that setup? I'm ordering an AW and that's the first thing I thought of too. I'm not turned off by the light strip but it's not enough of a draw for what is probably the cost of it. I'm sure it looks a lot better in person. For those people ragging on him ricer this blah blah etc. You know the vette has a reputation too and some could easily shoot back at you sorry forgot each vette has to be equiped with a set of golf clubs, a C4 corvette pride hat on the dash and a cheesy pace car jacket from the 90's. This new vette is a new animal and is going to draw newer people and different likes. To each his own.
Agreed. I don't care for the chrome and I like the blackout tape. However, its's important for the longevity of the car and brand to move past some of the old stigmas.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:16 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Yamanator
It's not bad. I have that light setup on my boat... but it's a boat. Never really been a fan of them in a car. Like the amber corvette logo thats a nice touch and absolutely love the stormtrooper when the door opens. How much for that setup? I'm ordering an AW and that's the first thing I thought of too. I'm not turned off by the light strip but it's not enough of a draw for what is probably the cost of it. I'm sure it looks a lot better in person.

For those people ragging on him ricer this blah blah etc. You know the vette has a reputation too and some could easily shoot back at you sorry forgot each vette has to be equiped with a set of golf clubs, a C4 corvette pride hat on the dash and a cheesy pace car jacket from the 90's. This new vette is a new animal and is going to draw newer people and different likes. To each his own.
I concur doctor.
The pricing on the strip on the front will not be something any common person will be able to install. But the DRL strip set is around $99. On the door panels custom design and color those will be$199 and offered with a cap of ABS black like the door, brushed alluminum, carbon fiber like, wood grain etc... As per the image projector lights those are $99 a set and I have a how to on the FAQ

Quick Reply: Chrome Grill fix