C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm genuinely torn on this color selection.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:02 PM
bearcat75
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racerdj
Go with your first choice.
GREAT ADVISE!!!!...I just changed my color chioce for the 5th (And LAST) time....went from black (have a blk c5)...AW...to TR....to BS...back to TR. Don't put yourself thru the misery...they ALL look good
Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

I started off saying I wouldn't get white (wouldn't show the discreet lines of the car) or black (shows every speck of dust, dirt - which happens right after you pull out of the garage). But when I saw all the colors in one place on the C7 in person, I was blown away by how stunning the white looked and how WELL it showed off the car's lines. It was the obvious color choice for me.

As far as worrying about color match, any good body shop will have no problem matching any factory color. BTW, there are hundreds of shades of white, so it wouldn't be any better/worse than any other color insofar as matching.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I did the same thing, I was originally going to order charcoal but my other car is that color, and I wanted a metallic color so I ordered crystal red, which I placed my order back in July. Well, not a lot of photos came up of crystal red and a lot of yellow on black started being released, and I thought I made a huge mistake. (I used to have a yellow on black Gallardo) so for over a month I was upset thinking I ordered the wrong color, until I walked into the showroom to pick up my car and instantly knew I had made the right decision. Like others have said, go with your first choice.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Waytofastvette2006
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray Sam
I started off saying I wouldn't get white (wouldn't show the discreet lines of the car) or black (shows every speck of dust, dirt - which happens right after you pull out of the garage). But when I saw all the colors in one place on the C7 in person, I was blown away by how stunning the white looked and how WELL it showed off the car's lines. It was the obvious color choice for me.

As far as worrying about color match, any good body shop will have no problem matching any factory color. BTW, there are hundreds of shades of white, so it wouldn't be any better/worse than any other color insofar as matching.
I believe I've made my mind up. I'm going to leave my order alone. The more I get thinking about it the more I realize the first time I seen a white c7 online I told myself that would be the car I would own.

Plus my wife likes the white. Not that this really weighs on me but hey her approving my 70k purchase is never a bad choice
Old 01-04-2014, 07:50 PM
bearcat75
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006
I believe I've made my mind up. I'm going to leave my order alone. The more I get thinking about it the more I realize the first time I seen a white c7 online I told myself that would be the car I would own.

Plus my wife likes the white. Not that this really weighs on me but hey her approving my 70k purchase is never a bad choice
Just like a true/false test...your first instinct is usually correct.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Op.TechC3
Instructor

[QUOTE=harry2;1585829830]
Ok so I have placed my order for Artic white z51 with carbon flash mirrors/spoiler with the full carbon flash racing stripe. I can change things around up until my order has been accepted.

"My wife hates the silver but she says I can do whatever I want.."

Do you really want to order a color she is not happy with?
Never trust a woman when she says "do whatever you want".
Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 PM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It is funny how "ordering" a new Vette create's more torture than enjoyment. It's between 4 and 8 months of hell, second guessing every decision you made in your order. Kind of like the prom queen going after the star running back on the football team, but constantly second guessing if the quarterback was hotter!

Bottom line, just like having a child, boy or girl, you're going to love it no matter what you end up with. With the new Vette, there's not much you can go wrong with.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

Happy wife = happy life.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:39 PM
louloumax
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FROM THE NEWS:

White replaces silver as the world's favourite car colour, but dark greys and browns are gaining
Associated Press By Dee-Ann Durbin, The Associated Press
October 22, 2013 11:36 PM

TROY, Mich. - Move over, silver.

After more than a decade as the world's favourite car colour, silver is falling in popularity to white. PPG Industries, the leading supplier of automotive paints, says 25 per cent of the vehicles it supplied in the 2013 model year were white, up 3 per cent from the prior year. Silver and black tied for second, with 18 per cent each.

White dominates in Europe, North America and Asia. Only in South America is silver still king.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 642 Likes on 289 Posts

I drove a silver car for 10 years and was dead set against blade silver on the C7. After a visit to the dealership that had the whole color line up my last color option quickly became my first!

I've also notice the silver is low on dealer stock as compared to red, black, yellow ect ect
Attached Images  

Last edited by CSEVEN; 01-04-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:10 PM
bearcat75
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7
It is funny how "ordering" a new Vette create's more torture than enjoyment. It's between 4 and 8 months of hell, second guessing every decision you made in your order. Kind of like the prom queen going after the star running back on the football team, but constantly second guessing if the quarterback was hotter!

Bottom line, just like having a child, boy or girl, you're going to love it no matter what you end up with. With the new Vette, there's not much you can go wrong with.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:34 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Do yourself a favor and keep your wife happy ...
Old 01-04-2014, 09:43 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so I have placed my order for Artic white z51 with carbon flash mirrors/spoiler with the full carbon flash racing stripe. I can change things around up until my order has been accepted.

I love the white it looks awesome. But the same trim combo in blade silver just pops out at ya in the sun! I think my biggest thing holding me back is if I ever have to get the car painted getting the silver to match and look right is a challenge where as with white it will be dead on.

Am I overthinking this ? Granted it shouldn't need repaired or painted but you know how that goes.

My wife hates the silver but she says I can do whatever I want I feel like a woman trying to pick a new handbag out or something it's terrible

Another forum members car my combo would look just like this except the carbon flash stripe

take the risk--the silver, as shown (incl. stripe) is about as good a look as you can get in a car. i got the cyber grey, but every time i see the silver, i rethink my judgement.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:51 PM
MHFontaine
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 155 Likes on 53 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Quick Reply: I'm genuinely torn on this color selection.