Sponsored by:

No turn signal indicators in HUD? Or am i missing something

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:44 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
It's incredible how many people refuse to read the owners manual. A plethora of information.
We don't need no stinking owners manual.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:59 PM
FOOTR 1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG stop the pissin and moanin you bunch of old goats!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:59 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

while I agree with most of the comments the one guy who said it shouldn't have back-up chimes you sir are incorrect and not only should it have a back up chime and or a camera but a switch to turn on front ones too. Now I've never backed into anything in my C5 I have hit more than a dozen parking blocks, that can't be avoided so to save wear and tear on my front clip I would welcome a proximity sensor and that has nothing to do with it being a sports car or not, it has to do with me not wanting my front end looking like crap while not leaving 3 feet of space in front of me.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:09 PM
louloumax
Racer

and another thing. has anyone figured out how to aim the rear camera so it doesn't show the license plate?
i know it's off topic, but that doesn't seem to matter on this thread
Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FOOTR 1
OMG stop the pissin and moanin you bunch of old goats!
And this is the guy from Florida. Home of the old goats. You could always go to the pre school site.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdog9586
You are right its a sports car but with a few flicks of the keyboard whoever programed it could have included those functions. Instead I got a worthless light in the glovebox for a place I won't open three times a year. So because you don't like it the rest of us shouldn't have it. Well I don't like air conditioning. What a waste of money. If I want my air conditioned I can take off the roof. Besides it's not a Buick so don't need air. Or a radio, onstar. Shall I continue?
Don't need an electric starter, you can crank the engine by hand.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Atticus Alan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Don't need an electric starter, you can crank the engine by hand.
Yeah, that's real driving. I also want to manually adjust the choke, idle, and spark advance! All of that automation adds mechanical complexity and takes away from the thrill of driving. Before we know it, Corvettes will come with power seats, power LCD screen lowering, and -- oops.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:05 PM
FOOTR 1
Racer

Originally Posted by Bigdog9586
And this is the guy from Florida. Home of the old goats. You could always go to the pre school site.
Well you got me on that one. I must admit. I left the Northeast not to become another old goat but to enjoy life by boating and driving my vette year round. I still work and am a long way from old goatville. Its -3 in western mass right now and all vettes are hibernating. Old goat or not we're driving them down here. Not watching the spiders make homes out them for the next 5 months.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Well you got me on that one. I must admit. I left the Northeast not to become another old goat but to enjoy life by boating and driving my vette year round. I still work and am a long way from old goatville. Its -3 in western mass right now and all vettes are hibernating. Old goat or not we're driving them down here. Not watching the spiders make homes out them for the next 5 months.
LOL... all day today, the top was off mine - lovely 68 degree day...
Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Art's C7
Instructor

I also am the Florida old goat I guess, but fishing two days a week and golfing three days and tooling around in my C7 you can call me anything except "late for dinner".

Without the blind spot monitor, the automated parallel parking system, the forward and side cameras, the turn signals in the HUD, etc., etc,. I really don't know why anyone would buy one of these Vets with out these options built in!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:04 PM
tsekhar
Intermediate

The turn signal makes so much noise that if you don't turn it off for 3 miles, you probably need to keep driving to get your ears checked out!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:19 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Hey, old guys, you can just not use turn signals; that way you won't forget the're on. It works well for me. As for not being in the hud, it is just another flashing light to distract you. As for the chime, since we are all old we can't hear it anyway.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:34 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticblast
Dang, lighten up. The old fogey thing was a joke.
Hey - I resemble that remark!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Turn Signals??? Really, do you use the turn signals?!?!?!

Real men (and women) use hand signals. And they rip out the A/C, disable the electric windows and power door locks. And hand crank to turn it over, not to mention get rid of the sissy carpeting and leather seats. Rubber mats and actual wooden buckets for me. AM radio with a single speaker please...ha!

Last edited by Crossed Flags Fan; 01-03-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:29 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Hey - I resemble that remark!
As long as you just remember to cancel the blinker, Mike.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:56 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
WOW It's a sports car not a Buick!!!! Built for functionality. I got to rant!!!!!! I see posts for folks wanting back up beepers........ the lane thing in the mirror and the like.

Back when I had the C5 the foggies wanted heated seats and cup holders.......

Guess they got that now they want it to be a Cadi or Buick with all the creature comforts and added weight.

I drive mine to work everyday.......know the way and track it as much as possible on weekends. It's a sports car!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if they put a 4 cylindar in there they would sell more........ or came out with a pure silver and gold color.............
I always looked at a corvette as not only a race car but a showcase of the latest in automobile technology. I get it if you just want the car for the sports car aspect. Get a 1LT. But if you want both the sports car and the technology, the 2LT and 3LT packages should not be lacking in any of the available tech especially if it's a minor change in the software/firmware. Most likely, these minor additions will be added in later model years.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

I never see "gadgets" as a bad thing even on a "sports car". I want 'em...if you don't want them as said above, don't buy them and get an 1LT.....never understood the reluctance to more features avail to the driver...we don't all "go to the track". When I'm on US-1 in S florida, I would love to have blind spot warning...more than that, cams in the mirrors so I could get top down birds eye view when parking, like a BMW...

Get notified of new replies

To No turn signal indicators in HUD? Or am i missing something

Old 01-04-2014, 08:11 AM
avalonandl
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by footr 1
omg stop the pissin and moanin you bunch of old goats!
x 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Waytofastvette2006
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 2007 c6 doesn't even have a aux port to plug my phone into ! No Bluetooth either !!!!

I'm going to be in heaven when I get my c7 and I have all these things plus cooled seats and a backup camera ?!?! I won't know what to do with myself

I think we forget how far the corvette has come in tech in a relatively short period of time.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:32 AM
louloumax
Racer

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006
My 2007 c6 doesn't even have a aux port to plug my phone into ! No Bluetooth either !!!!

I'm going to be in heaven when I get my c7 and I have all these things plus cooled seats and a backup camera ?!?! I won't know what to do with myself

I think we forget how far the corvette has come in tech in a relatively short period of time.
no argument that the 7 is head and shoulders above the 6. i just don't know why gm would eliminate a feature as simple as a turn signal indicator. 10 steps forward, but still 1 step backward.

Quick Reply: No turn signal indicators in HUD? Or am i missing something