Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Guide Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:34 PM
rszane
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Belt Guide Problem

I feel a little silly for asking, but I did search this issue and even (horrors) read the manual...

My seat belt strap doesn't seem to want to stay in the guide over my left shoulder. It keeps coming out through the slit in the middle of the guide, and then I find myself fishing around for it. It happens on the passenger side too.

I know, I know -- I've got a new C7 and I'm complaining about the seat belts? However, I love this car and don't want to be annoyed. I've never had this issue in any of my other Corvettes or other cars. Am I alone? Anyone have a simple but elegant solution? I'm not sticking tape on the guide...
Old 12-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Minnesota122001
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rszane
I feel a little silly for asking, but I did search this issue and even (horrors) read the manual...

My seat belt strap doesn't seem to want to stay in the guide over my left shoulder. It keeps coming out through the slit in the middle of the guide, and then I find myself fishing around for it. It happens on the passenger side too.

I know, I know -- I've got a new C7 and I'm complaining about the seat belts? However, I love this car and don't want to be annoyed. I've never had this issue in any of my other Corvettes or other cars. Am I alone? Anyone have a simple but elegant solution? I'm not sticking tape on the guide...

Mine did that too and I turned the belt over and now it stays in.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:10 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,075 Likes on 533 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I keep my seat all the way back and do not use the guide, it does not line up correctly and comes out of guide when I tried to use it. I think if you keep the seat more forward by 4 or 5 inches then the guide would be useful.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Belt Guide Problem

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Guide Problem