Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,119 Likes on 575 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Parking morons

So, I drive my C7 up to Home Depot to get some supplies. I park 30 spaces away from the building, 15 spaces from the nearest car. When I come out, only one of those 15 spaces is full…
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2013, 06:34 AM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 594 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

YEP Azzhole magnet, got to love people like that
Old 12-23-2013, 06:35 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Old 12-23-2013, 06:36 AM
creeves84
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettrocious
So, I drive my C7 up to Home Depot to get some supplies. I park 30 spaces away from the building, 15 spaces from the nearest car. When I come out, only one of those 15 spaces is full…
I have yet to figure out why people do this-its like our cars attract others. The other parking lot phenomenon that I can't figure out is the person that speeds across the lots and not down the "lanes" and then when someone follows the lanes they give that "you just cut me off look", just crazy.

One thing on that parking situation that I found out is at times some employees are required to park in certain areas in the back part of the lot so I try to try to look for no cars around the area so I'm not parking in a unmarked employee parking "areas"
Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Many people are simply jealous of others... and when someone parks their nice car away from others, it highlights it even more and draws attention (because it is effectively saying the nice car is "special" and needs to be away from everything else). It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

At least he didn't park so close you couldn't get in the car and/or damaged your car.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:07 AM
rstrait
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people like that they can mess with with the guy with the vette. Most prevalent among those who will probably never be able to afford one. Along the same lines though less harmful than, "I'm a gonna key that bastards vette!"
Old 12-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C2 of Year Finalist

The thing is, this stuff happens almost every time, with every nice car I've owned. One time I parked a ZR1 in the last spot at Meijers, up against a curb, at least 25 spaces from the nearest car. When I came out there was a clapped-out pick-up parked over the yellow line, in my spot, about 12 inches from my car. Ever try to get into the drivers seat of a Vette, from the passenger door?

Luckily, I had a valve-stem loosening tool handy...

Last edited by Vettrocious; 12-23-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 AM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see another C7 in the picture. White one by the tree. :-)
Old 12-23-2013, 07:22 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by rocknroller
Nice one.

Wait, this WAS supposed to be a sarcastic jab at the beat-to-death C7 taillights thing, right?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by rocknroller
See, Camaros don't look that much like C7s, there is no POS parked next to it
Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 AM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

It's not always what it appears to be.

I had a similar situation once. I was coming out of a store as a guy in a pickup parked next to my Vette.

Before I could say WTF, he told me that he was a Vette guy too, and he was blocking for me, so no idiots would park next to my car.

Go figure.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:25 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by RPOZ51
It's not always what it appears to be.

I had a similar situation once. I was coming out of a store as a guy in a pickup parked next to my Vette.

Before I could say WTF, he told me that he was a Vette guy too, and he was blocking for me, so no idiots would park next to my car.

Go figure.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:28 AM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
Nice one.

Wait, this WAS supposed to be a sarcastic jab at the beat-to-death C7 taillights thing, right?
You got me.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:46 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

careful in those home improvement box stores. Nails, screws and all kinds of debris are left in parking lot by sloppy contractors.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:58 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,641 Likes on 1,204 Posts

The thing is, this stuff happens almost every time, with every nice car I've owned. One time I parked a ZR1 in the last spot at Meijers, up against a curb, at least 25 cars from the nearest one. When I came out there was a clapped-out pick-up parked over the yellow line, in my spot, about 12 inches from my car. Ever try to get into the drivers seat of a Vette, from the passenger door?

Luckily, I had a valve-stem loosening tool handy...
Vettrocious:

For me, this is probably the single most frustrating thing about owning a special car and it is apparently an irrefutable law of nature.

You may take a bit of solace in the fact that this is not exclusive to Vettes...happens with both of my collector Oldsmobiles as well.

Here is what I have learned through the years...you can NEVER take your Vette or other special car on regular errands where it will be exposed to the great unwashed masses. What you experienced will happen almost EVERY time. You MIGHT be able to get away with taking your special car to a high end restaurant, golf club, etc...MIGHT being the operative term...where you are more likely to encounter others who appreciate fine things. But you certainly can never count on it.

Thus, here are your choices...leave your special car home and miss out on many opportunities to drive it (which is what I do) or resign yourself to this experience being a common part of your existence.

Some people do it out of ignorance, but I think more do it just to spite you - not just because you have a special car but because you THINK it is special, made obvious by the fact that you attempted to protect it by parking far away. That is why it is a magnet for the unwashed masses - they are offended by the fact that you THINK you and/or your car are special and they simply cannot allow that to go unchallenged.

It never dawns on these low class a**holes that you worked very hard to EARN the opportunity to own a special car and you are simply trying to protect it...not put anybody down.

If your car escaped undamaged, consider yourself lucky. If I were you, I would not tempt fate too often...
Old 12-23-2013, 08:03 AM
HZ3
Racer

Originally Posted by 4XLR8N
Vettrocious: For me, this is probably the single most frustrating thing about owning a special car and it is apparently an irrefutable law of nature. You may take a bit of solace in the fact that this is not exclusive to Vettes...happens with both of my collector Oldsmobiles as well. Here is what I have learned through the years...you can NEVER take your Vette or other special car on regular errands where it will be exposed to the great unwashed masses. What you experienced will happen almost EVERY time. You MIGHT be able to get away with taking your special car to a high end restaurant, golf club, etc...MIGHT being the operative term...where you are more likely to encounter others who appreciate fine things. But you certainly can never count on it. Thus, here are your choices...leave your special car home and miss out on many opportunities to drive it (which is what I do) or resign yourself to this experience being a common part of your existence. Some people do it out of ignorance, but I think more do it just to spite you - not just because you have a special car but because you THINK it is special, made obvious by the fact that you attempted to protect it by parking far away. That is why it is a magnet for the unwashed masses - they are offended by the fact that you THINK you and/or your car are special and they simply cannot allow that to go unchallenged. It never dawns on these low class a**holes that you worked very hard to EARN the opportunity to own a special car and you are simply trying to protect it...not put anybody down. If your car escaped undamaged, consider yourself lucky. If I were you, I would not tempt fate too often...
good post. This is why I treat people like animals in life because the majority are
Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Get notified of new replies

To Parking morons

Old 12-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Sometimes, I'm sure people do it out of ignorance, but mostly, its pretty clearly deliberate. I usually find it almost humorous what people will do to try to upset you. I used to take before and after pics, as a matter of course, then show my friends the latest and/or most absurd event.

To date, I really haven't had anyone damage my cars, but you may be correct about my being lucky...
Old 12-23-2013, 08:19 AM
HZ3
Racer

Sometimes, I'm sure people do it out of ignorance, but mostly, its pretty clearly deliberate. I usually find it almost humorous what people will do to try to upset you. I used to take before and after pics, as a matter of course, then show my friends the latest and/or most absurd event. To date, I really haven't had anyone damage my cars, but you may be correct about my being lucky...
Violence... It was Invented for a Reason
Old 12-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Next time take your wife/GF with you. You stay with the car, she gets the supplies. Them massive shopping carts left all over the parking lot. Not for me.

Quick Reply: Parking morons