Sponsored by:

Parking morons

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default It's Simple....

Park at the store's entrance in the fire lane with your flashers on. People will think you're important and you'll be right out.
Even if it's three hours later....
Old 12-29-2013, 09:01 PM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknroller
i see another c7 in the picture. White one by the tree. :-)
c7 "cormaro"
Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 PM
sly1
Le Mans Master

Received 530 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by RedWing1
Love the thread, parking morons have annoyed me for years. A whole parking lot and there's always someone next to me when I come out no matter where I park. Absolutely love waiting for you idiots to back into your spaces...never understood that maneuver. I think the whole parking thing is a general lack of respect for other people and their space. Funny thing I heard once is people are generally like they drive. The guys that walk slow in hallways where I work are the slow guys in the fast lane after work. Wonder what the parking habits say about us? I always park far away from others, live in a remote area and generally do not like crowds, maybe there is a connection...
Almost universal negativity on this thread, but couldn't there be an innocent reason for the guy paking next to the Vette? For example maybe he loved Vettes all his life, but couldn't afford one. So by parking next to the car of his dreams, he gets a close look without having to go out of his way and look too obvious. Moreover, the clunker is parked in the middle of his parking space, which isn't the case if someone wants to be an Ahole
Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM
rjv0331
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vettrocious
So, I drive my C7 up to Home Depot to get some supplies. I park 30 spaces away from the building, 15 spaces from the nearest car. When I come out, only one of those 15 spaces is full…
The guy was probably yanking your chain and scaring the s*** out of you, especially if he didn't actually ding your car.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,120 Likes on 576 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Well, as a final chapter in this thread, I thought I'd post just one more photo taken a few days ago. The story is, I went to my doctor's office and parked in the farthest space from the door, with my drivers-side tires on the curb. My car is three feet from the next space. The space next to me was open, as were at least fifteen closer spaces.

So I take the elevator up the the waiting room and sit down by the window. A few seconds later, in drives a woman and pulls into the space next to my car, fairly centered in the space. While I'm watching, amazingly, she then backs out and pulls in again with both tires in my spot and while I'm watching, bounces he door off of mine (luckily, no damage).

So after my appointment, she walks out just after me, and walks in between our two cars and opens the door while I'm pulling out. I had to tell her to watch out...

Maybe I'll get a clapped-out 74 chevy pick-up.
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:29 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknroller
I see another C7 in the picture. White one by the tree. :-)
OK that's freaking funny
Old 06-01-2014, 11:36 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

At the golf course a few months back.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchsport
It must be a thing. I parked away from other cars in a Starbucks/Noodles Co. Parking lot and backed into a space. I got what I needed and returned to my car. I started the engine and was ready to pull out. Before I left I was waiting for the media to kick in so I could select a song from my iPhone.

As I was waiting a teen girl in a junker parked right next to me, nose first. She parked so close that I couldn't possibly open my door, but neither could she since she parked nose first and I backed in. I don't know what the hell is going on as I'm just selecting my music. She scoots over to her passenger side, opens the door and exits her vehicle and leaves. All I was thinking to myself was OOOOOOOOOO-Kay.

So I drove off.

Now I know this must be a thing.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:44 AM
chevyman426
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ

WTF
Old 06-01-2014, 11:48 AM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,573 Likes on 1,644 Posts

At least you got away undamaged. A few years ago, I had a brand new Dodge Ram that I parked as you, at least 20 spaces away (and up a slight hill) from every other car in the Walmart parking lot. I came out 20 minutes later to find a shopping cart RAMMED up against the passenger door (left a nice dent). There is no way this cart got to my door on its own as it would have had to roll UPHILL! Nope, someone clearly aimed this cart square at my truck and gave it as hard a push as they could.

I know this world is full of jerks and I should just take it in stride, but if I ever catch someone doing that to ANYONE's car, I will take matters into my own hands..
Old 06-01-2014, 12:02 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

I had a jerk park his crappy old Chrysler literally 1 foot from my C6 back in 2007. I was parked way out away from all cars, but between the white lines, and the lot was 95% empty. He parked there in a obvious attempt to try to **** me off.

When I got back to my car and saw the stunt he pulled I proceeded to POUR MY FULL HOT CUP OF COFFEE ALL OVER HIS WINDSHIELD AND HOOD, then drove off. KARMAs a bitch. I'm guessing he didn't pull that stunt on anyone else after that.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 06-01-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 PM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, I drive my C7 up to Home Depot to get some supplies. I park 30 spaces away from the building, 15 spaces from the nearest car. When I come out, only one of those 15 spaces is full…
I hope your were careful, when you left, as to not give the Buick a door ding.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Well, as a final chapter in this thread, I thought I'd post just one more photo taken a few days ago. The story is, I went to my doctor's office and parked in the farthest space from the door, with my drivers-side tires on the curb. My car is three feet from the next space. The space next to me was open, as were at least fifteen closer spaces.

So I take the elevator up the the waiting room and sit down by the window. A few seconds later, in drives a woman and pulls into the space next to my car, fairly centered in the space. While I'm watching, amazingly, she then backs out and pulls in again with both tires in my spot and while I'm watching, bounces he door off of mine (luckily, no damage).

So after my appointment, she walks out just after me, and walks in between our two cars and opens the door while I'm pulling out. I had to tell her to watch out...

Maybe I'll get a clapped-out 74 chevy pick-up.
i would have been a maniac! pure stupidity!!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:20 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

my buddy had a beautiful 72 lincoln back in the day. owned his own bodyshop so painted the car himself. we're sitting down to lunch one day and these 2 guys sitting next to us got up and left. they walk over to his car and one of the idiots kicks the wide whitewalls to see if it was a fake one. remember those? well it wasn't. my buddy sees this and jumps up from his seat, goes out to the idiot and grabs him by the neck. tells the guy if he had a wash bucket in the car that he would be cleaning the dirt spot that he left upon kicking tire. people are just plain a$$holes.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:35 PM
nsxpilot
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I had to tell her to watch out..."

I'm afraid I would have had a lot more to say to her.....
Old 06-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Did you call the police and have them arrested? Most communities have a law that no one can park next to a Corvette, even in a public parking lot.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:54 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Back in the late 80's my wife and I go to Krogers to shop. One of the kids comes in and says you car has been hit by a shopping cart, that a kid pushed it down hill and hit my 87 SS Monte Carlo that the kid and his Mom laughed and drove away I go out and try to run them down to late they had got away. Kroger said they were not responsible see sign, my attorney told them they need to fix my car. I won that one with Kroger, traded it in for new Buick Grand National, when it came out of body shop.
z51vett
Doug

Get notified of new replies

To Parking morons

Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,120 Likes on 576 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Red08
Did you call the police and have them arrested? Most communities have a law that no one can park next to a Corvette, even in a public parking lot.
What a silly comment. The whole thread had nothing to do with Corvettes in particular.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:02 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ

Unbelievable!!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 PM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I try to park not too far away but not too close if I have the opportunity . Guys and gals I know we love our cars but it's a chevy and not a ferrari . This is why I bought this car so I could drive it everywhere . I am not rich , struggling to make payments like alot of people here . I love my car but I am going to use it as much as I can . The days of leaving it at home and gathering dust are over . I just try not to worry too much anymore . Things like this are going to happen when you bring your car out into the big world . It sucks but , oh well . Life goes on . Don't sweat the small stuff .....

Quick Reply: Parking morons