Sponsored by:

Advanced notice(kerbeck)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 PM
air86
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Advanced notice(kerbeck)

Hey this is a question for anyone who has purchased a car through Kerbeck or any far away dealer. How far in advance were you notified that your car was scheduled to arrive? I live in NV and there is a few things I need to do to make sure that I am ready to take delivery. I may just be freaking out because I am 2299 miles away, but I haven't heard from the dealer since mailing the deposit(the only reason I know I am 3300 is from the order tracking). I am trying plan on being there to take delivery see family etc... as I am from the area. I just don't want to receive a call on a Friday saying hey its here and then I am left to scramble funds* and other things to make sure when I go there I will be able to drive her home. I would do it today but then I wouldn't have anything to drive for a couple weeks. Any info helps, this is the first time ever going out of state for a car so I think I will have more work to do then if I just bought in state. Am I just worked up over nothing which I am hoping

*= going to trade existing vehicle to CarMax to use as Down payment so I know that money won't be available right away as it will probably be held by the bank.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:28 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Call them?
Old 12-21-2013, 11:59 PM
GNC7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay in touch with dave@kerbeck.com and you have nothing to worry about. Just email him. He is very professional and knowledgeable and will be strait up with you. He will walk you through the process. I picked up my AW Z51 today from them and I am all smiles.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Your braver than me. Purchasing long distance opens up all kinds of potential situations, tax issues, state registration, warranty and most important, vehicle transportation/shipping. My dealer is less than 10 miles away. My order might take slightly longer before the car is produced but no hassle, it is winter anyway.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 AM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've purchased several new Corvettes from out of state dealers that advertise on this forum. I've never had a problem, never had an issue, with any of them.

The forum dealers take all the worry out of the sale. Buying that way is a piece of cake !
Old 12-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

You will have no problem with communication at Kerbeck, but why didn't you ask for a "courtesy delivery" to a dealer near you?? You may still have time for that, and if so, you may be able to plan your scheduling around it better.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:47 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Have considered the "courtesy delivery" option in the past and have only one concern (major). When it leaves the factory, you own it. It's no like ordering one from a local dealer or traveling to a distant dealer to buy one - in those cases, you're not obligated to own it.

My 2 cents.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Stein
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

I ordered mine from Dave @Kerbeck and I couldn't be happier. NJ to WI quite the distance, but they dropped shipped to my local dealer(which my local dealer was happy to work with me, they presently have the car in their showroom, with 10 inches of snow I can't imagine a better place for it.) First time I have done anything like this, but I was totally satisfied with Kerbeck/Dave/Joe Z! They will take care of any concern you might have.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:42 PM
RA-9811
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm from TX, Kerbeck is in NJ and we had absolutely no problems. Dave's the man.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

CarMax here in Indy issues drafts which my bank holds for several days.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,150 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Your braver than me. Purchasing long distance opens up all kinds of potential situations, tax issues, state registration, warranty and most important, vehicle transportation/shipping. My dealer is less than 10 miles away. My order might take slightly longer before the car is produced but no hassle, it is winter anyway.
WOW!! Make me a good deal and I'll drive anywhere to pick it up!!!

Nice road trip back!!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:24 PM
03SGVETTE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GNC7
Stay in touch with dave@kerbeck.com and you have nothing to worry about. Just email him. He is very professional and knowledgeable and will be strait up with you. He will walk you through the process. I picked up my AW Z51 today from them and I am all smiles.
I to picked up MY arctic white base from them yesterday and drove it back to long island.
My experience with them is very positive. Recommended.
They also got me a car much faster than my local dealers could have.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Fast Carl
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought from Mike @Criswell in Maryland. Perfect process, they took care of the title, sales tax, temp plate, etc. all delivered over night by Fed Ex. It could not be easier. Museum delivery, with all papers in order.

Get notified of new replies

To Advanced notice(kerbeck)

Quick Reply: Advanced notice(kerbeck)