C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling out any C7 owner to run my C6!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 12:33 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I like my car just as much as the next person but I'm not blind to the facts. There are numerous examples of stock (on slicks) C6Z's in the mid to high 10's and absolutely ZERO examples of a C7 doing the same, so if you honestly think that "same track same time" will make a difference then sadly I must question your sanity.

Last edited by themonk; 01-07-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 735 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
Snorman - Have you personally driven a C6 LS3 on a drag strip? Looking at your impressive 0-60' times with the Stingray, I was wondering what times you might of accomplished with the LS3. You certainly have the launch down with the C7, nice job.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by themonk
I like my car just as much as the next person but I'm not blind to the facts. There are numerous examples of stock C6Z's in the mid to high 10's and absolutely ZERO examples of a C7 doing the same, so if you honestly think that "same track same time" will make a difference then sadly I must question your sanity.
Please point out those "numerous examples" that have run "mid to high 10's" bone stock.
S.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:56 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!

Originally Posted by Snorman
Please point out those "numerous examples" that have run "mid to high 10's" bone stock.
S.
actually I amended my post to include DR's.....to which I will add, show me a stock C7 on slicks do it in under 11 seconds.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

actually I amended my post to include DR's.....to which I will add, show me a stock C7 on slicks do it in under 11 seconds.
Oh, so now it has to have slicks.
C7's have been out for 3 months, let's talk again in 7 years, which is how long it's taken for the C6 Z06 Fast List to populate.

I don't need to show you anything, as I don't rely on internet racing. Let's get a stock C6 Z06 to OSW to run a stock C7 A6.
S.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:06 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Oh, so now it has to have slicks.
C7's have been out for 3 months, let's talk again in 7 years, which is how long it's taken for the C6 Z06 Fast List to populate.

I don't need to show you anything, as I don't rely on internet racing. Let's get a stock C6 Z06 to OSW to run a stock C7 A6.
S.
fair enough......and for the recorded I amended my post before you replied. I will also admit that mid 10's seemed a bit wishful thinking but high tens on DRs not so much.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:34 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes, both of them the '12 much more than the '13 (which, surprisingly, I have only had out twice).
The '12 only ever managed an 11.4 at 122 in spring (warm, humid) air at Orlando Speedworld. That's when the track was under previous ownership and horribly prepped. So everybody was slow, lol. It ended up getting modded about 5 months after I bought it and was running pretty consistent 10.8-.9's. Then I upgraded turbos and did a few other things and haven't really had it back to the track. On a low-boost pass on pump gas at PBIR it went 10.4 at 132 mph as I recall.
The '13 went 11.008 at 124.30 on a 1.652 60' at Etown in December air (it was in the 40's that day). It's #7 on the stock GT-R list on GT-RLife and about .2/2 mph slower than the #1 car. I'd guess, same day at Etown, my C7 would have gone an 11.4-.5 in the 120 mph range.
S.

I see. I heard some GTR(s?) pulled 1.5xx 60ft @ stock tires. Never could find out if that was true or they were running DRs. Still 11 flat is no slouch
Old 01-07-2014, 03:58 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Most C6z drivers aren't going to do that, which is the point Snorman is making. The Z requires a damn good driver to pull faster than 11.4-11.6 times at the track. Automatics are almost impossible to beat at the drag strip.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:37 AM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by thedofuss
there are not enough nails; this thread will never die--even if there were a race, which is inevitable at some point if this forum has any real drivers in it.

he*l, i ll run myself if someone can get an opposing vehicle/driver (what was it, an ls3) and a place. wait, even a better idea: the ultimate race and the ultimate marketing play. get all models from 1953 forward, together, in one place, this summer, and determine, once and for all, the great ranking, top to bottom. fastest to slowest (1953 stock was probably the slowest, the rest will be determined on race day). anyone got the contacts/interest in putting this together? would be a lot of fun, and solve that age old question: whos is BIGGER?? this would be the racing event of the decade, and entail a lot of effort; and/or--

what about one of the major forum players--rick conti, kerbeck (you know them all, better than me)--sponsoring this thing; yikes, the marketing play! or, yea, what about Chevrolet sponsoring it--think BIG! somebodys going to have to contact these guys and plant the seed here. i dont know anybody.

yea, there are some major issues, like who can race--maybe limit it to non-pros (people who never raced for money). also, all stock, no mods? mods make it silly--head to head, engine to engine is the only way to go. also, what is the venue, straight 1/4 mile drag race.....you know what? too much work for someone who has never done this before. we need to get an event organizer/planner/sponsor/etc. count me out. hey, i cant do it all. take my idea, take all the credit for it, and run.
only if the same driver drives all the cars on the same day ........which takes the "best"
driver out of the equation. I don't think that will ever happen or is even likely!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:24 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by jackhall99
I agree. The doubters should hang it up already. A CF member like meadowz06 blowing back and forth (It will be close, C7 is the greatest, it will be close) cracks me up!
I'm glad I CRACK you up. But here are the facts: We ALL know by his videos, that Snorman is a fantastic driver. What we NOW know is that the driver of the C6 is NOT near as good as the driver of the C7. I was stating the OBVIOUS, that it would be MUCH closer between the two cars if the driver skills were equal. So go amuse yourself all you want, but you know as well as I do, the cars would be VERY close indeed with equally skilled drivers. It is posers like you that give the C7 crowd a bad name. I cannot wait for the Z06 to be introduced, so people like YOU will be silenced!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:32 AM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by meadowz06;15calling out any driver of a new Z 06 to race me I don't think there that fast85854440
I'm glad I CRACK you up. But here are the facts: We ALL know by his videos, that Snorman is a fantastic driver. What we NOW know is that the driver of the C6 is NOT near as good as the driver of the C7. I was stating the OBVIOUS, that it would be MUCH closer between the two cars if the driver skills were equal. So go amuse yourself all you want, but you know as well as I do, the cars would be VERY close indeed with equally skilled drivers. It is posers like you that give the C7 crowd a bad name. I cannot wait for the Z06 to be introduced, so people like YOU will be silenced!

Ok...ok......I am "calling out any driver of a new Z06"..... I do not think they are that fast.........

Right lane is the C7.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:34 AM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by meadowz06;15calling out any driver of a new Z 06 to race me I don't think there that fast85854440

Ok...ok......I am "calling out any driver of a new Z06"..... I do not think they are that fast.........

Right lane is the C7.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 AM
quicksupra
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No one I think is questioning the fact that a zo6 can under the right circumstances with a great driver put up a better time than a stock c7. The point is that most drivers will be able to go to the track and run close to the times snorman runs without any effort. Even the best zo6 drivers will not cut a great light and still run low 11's to beat a c7. The thread with the zo6 times shows the absolute best times for a zo6 without trying to have a good reaction time as in an actual race. Put the two cars together stock for stock first to the finish line and the c7 will win most of the time. The zo6 may run a better time but it won't cross the line first.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:52 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Most C6z drivers aren't going to do that, which is the point Snorman is making. The Z requires a damn good driver to pull faster than 11.4-11.6 times at the track. Automatics are almost impossible to beat at the drag strip.
Yep...put an auto in the C6 Z06 and lights out for the C7! The Z wont even need the higher stall the C7 has.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Yep...put an auto in the C6 Z06 and lights out for the C7! The Z wont even need the higher stall the C7 has.
And put an automatic in the C7z and it's bye bye C6 Zr1.

Time to move on.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It takes a lot more driver skill to make a good pass in a manually shifted car. That is why the c6z snorman is a toss up because 9 out of 10 drivers in the zo6 can't drive stick. Now if someone wants to let me make a pass in their c6z I would LOVE TO RUN SNORMANS C7!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 735 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
That's where the true test of a car's potential is revealed and not influenced by the driver's skill. Auto magazines perform tests with Randy Pobst. Same day, same track, same weather conditions, Same Driver. This allows the skill level to remain equal no matter what car you are driving. The C7 will still beat the C6 LS3, but the average results will be closer. How much? I can only speculate .2 to .5 quicker in the 1/4 mile from results taken from auto magazine tests. Sorry, I'm not on the doubters list, but on the realist list!

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 01-07-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Calling out any C7 owner to run my C6!

Old 01-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
Sorry, I'm not on the doubters list, but on the realist list!
No, you're on the "internet bench racers" list. Some of us are actually on the "reality list" because we are the ones who actually go to the track and race our cars while others sit on the internet and speculate. This is the reason I have no desire to engage or promote your ridiculous attempts at bench racing to speculate what the C6 would have run with a different driver. Using the example that mags use a single driver like Randy Probst when they are testing on a 2 mile road course is actually laughable.
Watch the video. He left with no wheel spin and in automatic mode, there's not much (if anything) left in that car. I don't expect those of you who want to live in denial to believe otherwise.
S.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:28 PM
themonk
Team Owner

How much skill is involved in driving an automatic down the 1/4 mile. I've only done my C5 down the 1/4 and it was an MN6....I can see having a good RT but other than that it seems to me plant the throttle and go.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:29 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

And put an automatic in the C7z and it's bye bye C6 Zr1.

Time to move on.
Ya Think !!

I agree though.

Quick Reply: Calling out any C7 owner to run my C6!