Sponsored by:

USB Folder list

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default USB Folder list

Pulled the thumb drive out of my Volt and put it in the USB slot behind the display. I have about a hundred mp3's plus to directories one being Xmas and other Best. Going to browse according to owners manual there should be a option foe folders but there isn't one. The USB drive works in 12 Volt and 13 Buick so I know nothing wrong with thumb drive. Any idea why the folders don't show or no option for displaying them. There is icons for songs, artists, composers, podcasts and a few more but no folder view as the manual shows. Help.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:27 PM
TheYoungster
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdog9586
Pulled the thumb drive out of my Volt and put it in the USB slot behind the display. I have about a hundred mp3's plus to directories one being Xmas and other Best. Going to browse according to owners manual there should be a option foe folders but there isn't one. The USB drive works in 12 Volt and 13 Buick so I know nothing wrong with thumb drive. Any idea why the folders don't show or no option for displaying them. There is icons for songs, artists, composers, podcasts and a few more but no folder view as the manual shows. Help.
that menu item is missing on mine too... i had to tag the album name attributes on all songs to contain the folder name. then you can click on albums and have the same effect.

I hope they correct that missing feature and make it just like the manual states it should be. maybe the recent update fixes it, i haven't done the update yet.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TheYoungster
that menu item is missing on mine too... i had to tag the album name attributes on all songs to contain the folder name. then you can click on albums and have the same effect.

I hope they correct that missing feature and make it just like the manual states it should be. maybe the recent update fixes it, i haven't done the update yet.
Can you explain what you mean. Maybe one of the service reps will chime in with a answer when it will be fixed.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 PM
vincent_esq
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry, but after 2 days of fiddling around with it, I gave up. Basically, it is based on windows media player. You have to transfer your playlist from your pc into the usb drive. I did not have to do this on my 11 Expedition or my Yamaha receiver at home. On the Expedition or my Yamaha receiver, it sees the usb drive like a HD and sees each folder as a playlist. NOT SO on the C7. Having said this, I have tried to transfer my playlist onto the usb drive through the sync command in windows media center as well as a third party software (synclist), and it only saw a couple of my playlist, not all of them.
I got frustrated, and plugged in my 8 year old ipod classic, and all the playlist showed! So now, I just plug in my ipod and everything is dandy. You can get a used ipod on ebay for about $50-$100, and sync your songs through itune and to an ipod or iphone and it will work fine. I have about 2000 songs and about a dozen playlist, one of those is "Christmas music".
By the way, through my iphone 5 and my ipad, if you sync with bluetooth, it will play the songs but you have to control the playlist through the iphone or ipad itself.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:39 PM
TheYoungster
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you explain what you mean. Maybe one of the service reps will chime in with a answer when it will be fixed.
on page 23 of the infotainment manual, it states you can browse USB by selecting "folder view" under the "more" menu.

"folder view" is missing... It's not present in the menu... gone... I challenge any of you to find it and post a picture of the menu containing that item.

this is what the OP is referring to.

Get notified of new replies

To USB Folder list

Quick Reply: USB Folder list