Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Cleartastic
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05, '15-'16-'17

Default ★ Protect Your C7's Paint! ★

#1 DIY Paint Protection Kits!

It Only Takes One Chip To Ruin A Perfect Day.
NEW 2014-2015 C7 Gen Pre Cut "Do it yourself" Invisible Paint Protection Kits.

Unfortunately, It's not if, its when...

Congratulations on your Beautiful new 7th Gen! We came out with a few products to help keep it that way!
While your C7’s paint is beautiful, its also delicate & vulnerable. Between your own tires throwing stones back onto your paint & your mirrors sticking out exposed to oncoming debris, it’s only a matter of time before that one chip ruins your perfect day.

Cleartastic paint protection film addresses those 2 issues without changing the look of your corvette..
Cleartastic & Cleartastic Plus is a clear flexible film that creates an invisible barrier between your beautiful delicate paint and rocks & debris. Pre cut & designed for a simply easy application.

The kits come pre cut. We personally designed these kits knowing the enthusiast probably has no experience working with protection film. So the application is easy and the fit is perfect. More important, you apply it so you don't have to drive to another venue and have a stranger all over your car! Our kits save you time, money, stress and of course your paint!.

★ Our film is extremely flexible which allows for an easy install.
★ It also has "self healing" characteristics which means some small marks, nicks will vanish over time!
★ Superior optical clarity. Goes on crystal clear to create an invisible barrier and allow your beautiful paint to come through.
★ Extremely tough to withstand rocks, road debris and human abuse.
★ We personally designed these kits! They where made for the enthusiast who has never applied paint protection film before
★ Don't accept cheap imitations with false claims. Cleartastic has been protecting paint for almost 20 years. ...a name you can trust.

ORDER ANY KIT BELOW NOW AND GET A FREE DOOR HANDLE COVE Paint Protection Kit!
Simply put "CORVETTE FORUM SPECIAL" in the comment field when you order.

Cleartastic Kit# 90
C7 Stingray Behind the Front & Rear Wheels

Cleartastic creates an invisible barrier protecting your delicate paint from those meaty tires.
Rocks and road debris can get around mud guards/flaps. Cleartastic is placed right on the painted area you want protected!
Cleartastic has no adhesives. Our special formulated cling prevents paint chips, withstands harsh weather and high speeds. Wash right over them. Pre cut & designed for a simply easy application. Applies in minutes. Invisible once applied! Removable and reusable.

Retail $69.95 (Front & Rear) & Free Cleartastic C7 Exterior Door Handle Cove Paint Protection! )

Click here to read more & securely order: http://store.cleartastic.com/clc7makit.html

Cleartastic Plus Kit# 90-CP
C7 Stingray Behind the Front & Rear Wheels

Cleartastic creates an invisible barrier protecting your delicate paint from those meaty tires. Cleartastic Plus prevents paint chips, stains & withstands harsh weather and extreme high speeds.
Rocks and road debris can gets around mud guards/flaps. Cleartastic is placed right on the painted area you want protected.
Cleartastic Plus has a mild adhesive to make it a “set it and forget it” film. One time application provides years & years of protection.
Pre cut & designed for a simply easy application. Applies in minutes. Smooth as glass appearance make it invisible once applied. Wash & wax over the film. Treat it like your paint.

Retail $79.95 (Front & Rear) & Free Cleartastic C7 Exterior Door Handle Cove Paint Protection!

Click here to read more & securely order: http://store.cleartastic.com/clplc7makit.html

Kit 93-CP
Cleartastic Plus C7 Stingray & Z06 Mirror Paint Protectors

Your exterior mirrors are sticking out & exposed to oncoming debris. Cleartastic PLUS prevents damage by creating a clear protective barrier. No cover/hiding them.

It protects against, scratches, rocks & road debris. Cleartastic Plus has a mild adhesive to make it a “set it and forget it” film. One time application provides years & years of protection. Pre cut & designed for a simply easy application. Applies in minutes. Smooth as glass appearance make it invisible once applied. Wash & wax over the film. Treat it like your paint.

Retail $39.95 & Free Cleartastic C7 Exterior Door Handle Cove Paint Protection!

Click here to read more & securely order:
http://store.cleartastic.com/c7clplmipapr.html

Kit# 94-CP
Cleartastic Plus C7 Stingray Combo Kit
Combines 2 kits at a better price!

This kit addresses few areas.
We combined the 2 above kits (90-CP Behind Front & Rear Wheels & 93-CP Mirror protection) but at a better price! This combo kit saves you money.
Cleartastic Plus creates a clear protective barrier for your delicate paint against, scratches, rocks & road debris. Invisible once applied so it does not hide or change the look of your corvette.
Smooth as glass appearance make
it invisible once applied. Wash & wax over the film. Treat it like your paint.

Retails $109.95 & Free Cleartastic C7 Exterior Door Handle Cove Paint Protection!

Click here to read more & securely order
http://store.cleartastic.com/clc7cobewhmi.html

________________________________________ __

Cleartastic Plus
Bulk Rolls
2 Sizes 6"x72" or 12"x28"

Protect your Corvette or any make and model vehicle’s paint from rocks & road debris with Cleartastic Plus film!
Great for protecting Side skirts, the rear upward panel of the side skirts, front splitters, spoilers, door sills (dragging feet) ........anywhere you think your paint is vulnerable!

Cleartastic Plus has a mild adhesive to make it a “set it and forget it” film. One time application provides years & years of protection. Pre cut & designed for a simply easy application. Applies in minutes. Smooth as glass appearance make it invisible once applied. Wash & wax over the film. Treat it like your paint.

Retail $65.45 Forum Sale Price 57.95
Click here to read more & securely order
http://store.cleartastic.com/clplfiinburo.html

Cleartastic C7 Stingray & Z06 Exterior Door Handle Cove Paint Protection!

Lets face it, every time you or a passenger enters your C7 Corvette, your delicate paint is at risk.
Protect your Door handle coves from rings, jewelry, finger nail scratches and that one time you forget to take something out of your hand with Cleartastic’s Exterior Door Handle Cover Protectors. Cleartastic creates an invisible barrier between your beautiful delicate paint and human abuse.
Cleartastic has no adhesive. Pre cut & designed for a simply easy application. Applies in minutes. Provides outstanding protection . Withstands harsh weather and high speeds. Removable & Reusable. Wash right over them. A great inexpensive way to save your paint.

Retails for $13.95

Click here to read more and order:
http://store.cleartastic.com/clc7exdohaco.html

When ordering online please place FORUM SPECIAL in the comment field to receive your free Door handle cove scratch protectors

Feel free to contact us with any questions. Thank you

Ed

Number 1 "Do It Yourself" Protection Kits Since 1996

*Serving The Corvette Forum Members For 20 Years!
*Invisible Once Applied
*Tough As Nails Protection
*Saves You Time, Money & Of Course Your Paint
*Proudly Made In The USA
CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE! http://www.cleartastic.com

Last edited by Cleartastic; 06-30-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:01 AM
pittperson
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You need to offer something for in front of the rear wheels. That area is by far the most damaged section. I see very little damage behind my front and rear wheels.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Cleartastic

Originally Posted by pittperson
You need to offer something for in front of the rear wheels. That area is by far the most damaged section. I see very little damage behind my front and rear wheels.

If you already see damage behind your front & rear wheels, that's already to much for me. The whole idea is to prevent all damage which Kit 90 & 90-CP do.

The area in front of your rear wheels already has film from the factory. We feel (and from the feed back we received) most feel the piece could have been a little bigger for obviously more protection and to avoid having a visible "line" in the middle of your rocker panel.
Reminds us of the 5th gen Camaro. Same thing. From the factory there is a very small piece of protection film. Its deemed useless. We had to create kits to go around it.

2 other kits listed above #92 (door handle coves) & #93-CP (Mirrors) are both vulnerable areas too. These kits and other are made based on feedback from C7 owners. We appreciate all the help.

Thank you
Ed
Old 12-07-2013, 09:06 AM
#1c6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

what about the front bumper?
Old 12-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Cleartastic

Originally Posted by #1c6
what about the front bumper?
Not yet. But we will be working on one soon. Thank you.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:33 AM
louloumax
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cleartastic
If you already see damage behind your front & rear wheels, that's already to much for me. The whole idea is to prevent all damage which Kit 90 & 90-CP do.

The area in front of your rear wheels already has film from the factory. We feel (and from the feed back we received) most feel the piece could have been a little bigger for obviously more protection and to avoid having a visible "line" in the middle of your rocker panel.
Reminds us of the 5th gen Camaro. Same thing. From the factory there is a very small piece of protection film. Its deemed useless. We had to create kits to go around it.

2 other kits listed above #92 (door handle coves) & #93-CP (Mirrors) are both vulnerable areas too. These kits and other are made based on feedback from C7 owners. We appreciate all the help.

Thank you
Ed
is the factory film removable without harming the paint so a larger piece could be installed?
Old 12-07-2013, 09:38 AM
sandu002
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like to see a piece made for the front of the car from the hood scoop down over the front bumper to the grille including headlights and fenders (similar to a bra). It would have to removable and reusble. That way I would not have to use painters tape for track days
Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleartastic
Not yet. But we will be working on one soon. Thank you.
You should do something for the entire hood... I'd buy the entire kit
Old 12-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Cleartastic

Hey guys thank you for the orders but just a reminder: Orders will ship next week. I'm getting orders with "ship ASAP" on them..

Originally Posted by louloumax
is the factory film removable without harming the paint so a larger piece could be installed?
I thought the same thing, maybe remove it for a better piece...
Our paint protection will never harm paint if removed. So I'm sure the factories is similar and won't either. To remove, you would have to simply warm the film and peel it off.

Another Corvette company that sells our product, also asked if we should make a better/ bigger piece for that area..
We just figured no one would bother going through the process. So we moved onto protecting other areas.
However if I'm wrong and people have no problem removing it then sure we will make it.

Originally Posted by sandu002
I would like to see a piece made for the front of the car from the hood scoop down over the front bumper to the grille including headlights and fenders (similar to a bra). It would have to removable and reusable. That way I would not have to use painters tape for track days
That's typically the areas of the diy front end kits we do. However we use the Cleartastic Plus film which has the mild adhesive for front end kits. Still something you can apply yourself. Same great protection. It will just be a one time "set and forget" application you leave on for years and years of protection.

I'm sure we will have one soon.

Originally Posted by gthal
You should do something for the entire hood... I'd buy the entire kit
I hear ya buddy

Ed
Old 12-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Cleartastic

Old 12-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Cleartastic

Old 12-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

What the difference between 90 and 90CP? They look the same.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:14 PM
louloumax
Racer

Originally Posted by Pisswilly
the CP has an adhesive. the plain 90 does not. that's what the descriptions say.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 PM
FOOTR 1
Racer

How many mils thick is your cling vinyl?
What kinda luck sticking over wax?
Wax lowers the surface tension which cling needs to stick.
Remove wax before application I'm guessing
Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how do you remove the one with the mild adhesive (the one labeled CP)? Will it hurt the paint or the clear coat when it is removed?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Cleartastic

Originally Posted by Pisswilly
Originally Posted by louloumax
the CP has an adhesive. the plain 90 does not. that's what the descriptions say.
Correct,
The plus film (CP) has a mild adhesive. The original film (90) is our static cling.
Both are great products. Both offer great protection, withstand harsh weather, hot and cold temps & high speeds.
The CP film handles much higher speeds and is a slightly better film where it will lasts longer (hence the name "plus").

Originally Posted by FOOTR 1
How many mils thick is your cling vinyl?
What kinda luck sticking over wax?
Wax lowers the surface tension which cling needs to stick.
Remove wax before application I'm guessing
The cling is 8mil So it offers great protection.
Over the years people (even members here ) have removed the wax for the original cling film, however we recommend waxing first and apply our cling over the waxed area.

Originally Posted by bevo_87
how do you remove the one with the mild adhesive (the one labeled CP)? Will it hurt the paint or the clear coat when it is removed?
To remove the CP film, simply warm the film and peel it off. That's typical of most paint protection film. Whats nice is our CP film does not leave any residue behind. The film absolutely does not harm paint.
The original film has been around for over 17 years. The newer "Plus" film has been around for over 5 years.

Thank you all

Ed

Last edited by Cleartastic; 12-09-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no idea what the difference is of this versus Suntek or Xpel products. Why is this better than going the Suntek or Xpel route? Just need to understand this better.

Get notified of new replies

To ★ Protect Your C7's Paint! ★

Old 12-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Cleartastic

Originally Posted by bevo_87
I have no idea what the difference is of this versus Suntek or Xpel products. Why is this better than going the Suntek or Xpel route? Just need to understand this better.
No problem..
The obvious is that one of our films (Cleartastic) has no adhesives which is like no other paint protection film. That and its benefits listed, has appealed to some for many years.

Your probably leaning or referring towards our other film (Cleartastic plus) in which the film has a mild adhesive.
What makes our kits different is that they are specifically designed so you can easily apply them yourself.
We create them with you in mind. They have their own unique precision pre cut design (that we designed) for ease of application & a perfect fit. Even the instructions are laid out and "hold you by the hand" for ease of application. ...and yes there are plenty of pictures!
So rather then taking the time to drive down to an installer and have some stranger with a blade near your car, you can easily apply these in minutes yourself. Saves time, money and stress.

I don't knock or discuss other products, but what I can say about our film/kits is they offer outstanding coverage & protection against stone chips, bug acid, sand, scratches, rocks , road debris and human abuse!
Both the Cleartastic & the Cleartastic Plus films are noticeably optically clear. Our films do not have an orange peel look but more of a smooth as glass appearance. This obviously translates into a better finish once applied to your vehicle.

There's a lot going on out there. All I can say is we have been protecting Corvette paint for over 17 years. I'd like to add you to the long list of satisfied customers.
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact us.

Thank you

Last edited by Cleartastic; 12-10-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:11 PM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Ordered Cleartastic Plus for the areas behind the front and rear wheels. Ordering was simple and easy. Having never done one before, I wouldn’t do a full clear bra myself but anticipate no issues with the small pieces of material in this kit. Don
Old 12-10-2013, 05:28 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

how about for the front window ... is that something that can be done ? ( rock protection )

Quick Reply: ★ Protect Your C7's Paint! ★