Sponsored by:

Dealer installed Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:36 PM
djseto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer installed Nav?

Is getting dealer installed Nav an available option or does that have to be done from the factory. Looking at 3LT but found a 2LT nearby in the color I want, but without Nav. I prefer the look and integration of factory nav even though smartphones have all but made factory nav systems unnecessary.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:12 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Location: Retired Suffolk County Police Dept NY South Carolina
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get NAV with 2LT as a factory option but I do not think you can have it installed by a dealer,

If you are willing to spend an unlimited amount of money you can get anything. You can probably put wings and a propeller on a C7 and make it fly if you have a few million dollars to spend.

I Bought a C5 one year before they offered HUD and although it was possible to convert the car the cost and work did not make it worth while.

My 3LT comes with NAV be I still plan on using my Garmin with the NAV.

Check out this Garmin

It was designed for RVs but the extra large screen and voice command make it the favorite Garmins out of the six Garmins I own.

EDIT

They also make a HUD

Last edited by 2 Ag R8Cs; 12-05-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:06 PM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djseto
Is getting dealer installed Nav an available option or does that have to be done from the factory. Looking at 3LT but found a 2LT nearby in the color I want, but without Nav. I prefer the look and integration of factory nav even though smartphones have all but made factory nav systems unnecessary.
Actually it will be fairly simple to install a Nav system after the fact. May be a little while before they are readily available. But keep your eye on E-bay, eventually someone will replace their system and sell an original on E-bay. Being that it will be a factory unit, it will just plug in and you'll have to place the satellite antenna.

I did it on my Hummer. My year didn't come with it, the next year did. I bought the unit, plugged it in, done!

I'm sure you could also order one from GM if you can't wait. They probably would charge a lot more for it since it's the whole unit rather than just the addition of Navigation within the same unit.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:17 PM
djseto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'm impatient so I've been looking around my area and it seems I can find what I want equipment wise in a color I don't or I can find the color I want but not in the correct configuration. I could order one, but I'm not patient enough to wait..
Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7
Actually it will be fairly simple to install a Nav system after the fact. May be a little while before they are readily available. But keep your eye on E-bay, eventually someone will replace their system and sell an original on E-bay. Being that it will be a factory unit, it will just plug in and you'll have to place the satellite antenna.

I did it on my Hummer. My year didn't come with it, the next year did. I bought the unit, plugged it in, done!

I'm sure you could also order one from GM if you can't wait. They probably would charge a lot more for it since it's the whole unit rather than just the addition of Navigation within the same unit.
I'm sure the Corvette isn't quite the same. With the C7 the screen is already there.

I'm guessing it's just as simple as a firmware upgrade. In the Jeeps that's all it is. Maybe a module and GPS antenna but not much to it. Maybe $1000 or so but just a guess.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer installed Nav?

Quick Reply: Dealer installed Nav?