Sponsored by:

Saw my first C7 in person

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:15 PM
mickeykelley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saw my first C7 in person

At dealer getting part for wife's car and went to look at the new C7. Not sure I like it. First impression is too transformist. I know they are trying to go after a younger demographic (I'm 58 FYI but an early adopter of most things), but just too much exaggeration in angles, edges, etc. Seems to have lost its sleekness IMO. I kind of liked the interior. The one I saw was some special limited edition blue with brown suede interior so not sure how the standard is. My C6 is a 4LT with linen so I've always though mine was ok, but agreed standard was too cheap. They definitely improved on it though. Not much on blue personally, but loved the brown suede. Reminded me of our old Fiero brown suede/wool insert seats which we loved. The interior seems smaller to me, both passenger area and rear. Loved the color HUD and think I could get used to the center computer screen pretty easily. One big over all impression though was that they took a lot of cues from the Pontiac Solstice coupe, which happens to be what my wife drives. The rear hatch, side window slots (or whatever they are called), passenger console grip, etc. but one big downside is wife complains about her Solstice blind spot with those slits which she doesn't have in my C6. And I agree with her and see the exact same thing with them in the C7. Overall, not ready to jump. Lost my itch really quick. Maybe in few years.

Last edited by mickeykelley; 12-04-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:24 PM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Too bad--you would have LOVED this car. Does everything better than my C6.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeykelley
At dealer getting part for wife's car and went to look at the new C7. Not sure I like it. First impression is too transformist. I know they are trying to go after a younger demographic (I'm 58 FYI but an early adopter of most things), but just too much exaggeration in angles, edges, etc. Seems to have lost its sleekness IMO. I kind of liked the interior. The one I saw was some special limited edition blue with brown suede interior so not sure how the standard is. My C6 is a 4LT with linen so I've always though mine was ok, but agreed standard was too cheap. They definitely improved on it though. Not much on blue personally, but loved the brown suede. Reminded me of our old Fiero brown suede/wool insert seats which we loved. The interior seems smaller to me, both passenger area and rear. Loved the color HUD and think I could get used to the center computer screen pretty easily. One big over all impression though was that they took a lot of cues from the Pontiac Solstice coupe, which happens to be what my wife drives. The rear hatch, side window slots (or whatever they are called), passenger console grip, etc. but one big downside is wife complains about her Solstice blind spot with those slits which she doesn't have in my C6. And I agree with her and see the exact same thing with them in the C7. Overall, not ready to jump. Lost my itch really quick. Maybe in few years.
You'll be back here inside 6 months with a new car. That's just how it works.

I had some of the same concerns and 2 months later I ordered my car.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:36 PM
H2LS3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People clearly have different tastes, so to each his own.

For example, I'd rather take a sharp stick to the eye then put a mock z06 badge on my car.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeykelley
Not sure I like it. First impression is too transformist. I know they are trying to go after a younger demographic (I'm 58 FYI but an early adopter of most things), but just too much exaggeration in angles, edges, etc.
Interesting observation. 58 yrs old also and I've been a C3 Shark man since the 70's. The exaggerated angles from the quarter panels forward shout retro C3 to me. I'm digging it.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

I think once you drive it, then you should decide, your loss
Old 12-04-2013, 11:59 PM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now seen two at the SF Auto show, sat in both, a little tighter than my C5 it would seem. Overall I like it a lot, saw a Silver today on the road. But I'm still enjoying the C5 and I can wait until the demand drops a bit.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Lipstic
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16,'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by John Ulrich

Interesting observation. 58 yrs old also and I've been a C3 Shark man since the 70's. The exaggerated angles from the quarter panels forward shout retro C3 to me. I'm digging it.
I agree, I own a 75 C3, from the first time I saw a photo of the C7 I was in love as for some reason it reminded me of my c3.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw my first C7 in person

Quick Reply: Saw my first C7 in person