C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you think of the red paint match?
Looks good. Keep it.
31.12%
Does not look good. Return to factory look.
68.88%
Voters: 694. You may not vote on this poll

[PICS] C7 With All Paint Matched Trim - What Do You Think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 08:52 AM
deathangel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for painting everything body color. I guarantee all those who bitched about all the black trimmings are eating their words. The back end looks good. Everything else needs to go back to factory
Old 12-10-2013, 09:15 AM
wosisk
Intermediate

I ordered the C7 torch red. I prefer the black accents.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Specracer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No thank you!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by 89L98
Honestly IMO, it looks boring. The CF trim is what sets the C7 apart. That is why the lighter colors, i.e, BS, AW, VY and Red look much better on the C7.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like it! I would have the mesh behind the vents black still, but to each their own! Great job guys
Old 12-24-2013, 09:48 AM
1analguy
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
Oh really?

Pontiac Aztec

Nissan Juke

Javelins, Gremlins, Pacers

LFA notwithstanding, any Lexus made in the last several years

Jeep Compass

Prius

Insight

.... I can continue.
Now that we have your opinion, here's mine: It's interesting that you would bring up the Aztek, as the C7 does have a bit of "Aztek" flavor to it...it's kind of like an Aztek sports car. The goals for the two cars were the same: break-out, avant gard, boxy/angular styling designed (intended?) to appeal to a younger generation. I just hope that the Corvette's sales will end up exceeding those of the Aztek, or Kirk Bennion may end up being remembered just like the Aztek's designer...what was his/her name again? Of course, Bennion's chances are better, as the C7 appears to be, in general terms (and once the bugs are eradicated), an over-all better vehicle that was the Aztek.

Also, both Richard Teague and his work are very highly regarded by the industry's designers, both past and present...
Old 12-24-2013, 09:57 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by 1analguy
Now that we have your opinion, here's mine: It's interesting that you would bring up the Aztek, as the C7 does have a bit of "Aztek" flavor to it...it's kind of like an Aztek sports car.
The C7 is NOTHING like the Aztek. As for the OP's all red Vette, I think it looks cheapened, like something a kid would do to his 90s Civic. The carbon flash accents really enhance the look of the lighter color C7s. I cancelled my black coupe because I liked the contrast, once I saw it in person.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:05 AM
flyinguy71
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Looks great other than the painted mesh... that looks cheap.
I agree with this! I also like the rear end a lot better! Thanks for giving us another perspective!

Last edited by flyinguy71; 12-24-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:45 AM
StingRaycer
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=1analguy;1585749395]Now that we have your opinion, here's mine: It's interesting that you would bring up the Aztek, as the C7 does have a bit of "Aztek" flavor to it...it's kind of like an Aztek sports car. The goals for the two cars were the same: break-out, avant gard, boxy/angular styling designed (intended?) to appeal to a younger generation. I just hope that the Corvette's sales will end up exceeding those of the Aztek, or Kirk Bennion may end up being remembered just like the Aztek's designer...what was his/her name again? Of course, Bennion's chances are better, as the C7 appears to be, in general terms (and once the bugs are eradicated), an over-all better vehicle that was the Aztek.

Actually the C7 is not anything like the Aztek and the goals for the two vehicles were absolutely not the same in any way shape or form.
While the C7 was a totally new design which started from a blank sheet of paper with high performance and design benchmarks, the Aztek was a compromise solution based on having to use a badge engineered platform that was present throughout the GM brands. Anything done to the design had to fit the hardpoints that were already present in the underlying base design already being utilized by the other GM brands. So, the rampant compromises that were accepted to please the bean counters along with the worse case ever of design by committee resulted in a vehicle that did not achieve most of the goals set out for it except cost and the attempt at versatility in usage. It seemed like a great idea on paper. The C7 has met or exceeded all of its benchmarks as is seen by the performance results and by the many awards it has already garnered.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 AM
TC50AEV
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 89L98
Honestly IMO, it looks boring. The CF trim is what sets the C7 apart. That is why the lighter colors, i.e, BS, AW, VY and Red look much better on the C7.
I agree, there needs to be some contrast to it.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:19 PM
canyon vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not feeling it.
I prefer how the black accents on the C7 complement the Laguna blue on my Premier edition. Black contrasting accents on the new Stingrays make every paint color POP!

I think painting out all accents mutes the look of the whole package.

I blacked out my chrome wheels and now it looks even better!

Last edited by canyon vette; 12-24-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:27 PM
bigceeturner
4th Gear

Looks great, I wonder how it will look with some red on the wheels also
Old 12-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Cirrus8
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

Keep It. But take off those furslugginer black wheels and replace them with Chrome 5-spokes. Give it some bling and pop.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:29 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

thanks for the pictures. makes me realize that the condo designer rear end is salvageable.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:42 AM
stoneh
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you buy a black C7 you get this custom look for free!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Cirrus8
Keep It. But take off those furslugginer black wheels and replace them with Chrome 5-spokes. Give it some bling and pop.
I think that's mandatory after you hit a certain age.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:13 AM
RandallJ
5th Gear

I like the hood vent but all others look cheap

Get notified of new replies

To [PICS] C7 With All Paint Matched Trim - What Do You Think?

Old 12-25-2013, 11:25 AM
phil hunter
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I like it much better than all of the black vents.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:52 PM
1analguy
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 1analguy
Now that we have your opinion, here's mine: It's interesting that you would bring up the Aztek, as the C7 does have a bit of "Aztek" flavor to it...it's kind of like an Aztek sports car. The goals for the two cars were the same: break-out, avant gard, boxy/angular styling designed (intended?) to appeal to a younger generation. I just hope that the Corvette's sales will end up exceeding those of the Aztek, or Kirk Bennion may end up being remembered just like the Aztek's designer...what was his/her name again? Of course, Bennion's chances are better, as the C7 appears to be, in general terms (and once the bugs are eradicated), an over-all better vehicle that was the Aztek.
Originally Posted by StingRaycer
Actually the C7 is not anything like the Aztek and the goals for the two vehicles were absolutely not the same in any way shape or form.
While the C7 was a totally new design which started from a blank sheet of paper with high performance and design benchmarks, the Aztek was a compromise solution based on having to use a badge engineered platform that was present throughout the GM brands. Anything done to the design had to fit the hardpoints that were already present in the underlying base design already being utilized by the other GM brands. So, the rampant compromises that were accepted to please the bean counters along with the worse case ever of design by committee resulted in a vehicle that did not achieve most of the goals set out for it except cost and the attempt at versatility in usage. It seemed like a great idea on paper. The C7 has met or exceeded all of its benchmarks as is seen by the performance results and by the many awards it has already garnered.
Be calm, Grasshopper. I thought that I was being obvious when discussing the general styling themes of the two cars, as related to their intended target audiences. I don't believe that they actually look alike...only that they share some common general themes that were intended to make them both attractive to the same age group. We should allow each car's ultimate sales figures speak for their success or failure in the marketplace, and, regardless of its styling success or failure, the C7 has the added advantage of being a really good car...as opposed to the Aztek, which was merely a badge-engineered appliance.

Originally Posted by Cirrus8
Originally Posted by Chicago1
I think that's mandatory after you hit a certain age.
That "certain age" will vary from one individual to the next. It all depends on how long it takes each of us to outgrow the need to convince everyone else how cool we are because we choose to drive a car on the road that's as shoddy-looking as a race car that just finished a 24-hour endurance race...

Last edited by 1analguy; 12-26-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:11 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

I say return it to factory. I don't hate it, just prefer the factory look.

Quick Reply: [PICS] C7 With All Paint Matched Trim - What Do You Think?