Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 PM
Lipstic
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16,'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

[QUOTE=Wheel'$ForLe$$;1585962336]Custom Wheels and yet another Corvette C7 with F2.01 Forgiatos 20/21 setup. Just completed for our customer, photoshoot coming with Forgiato in next month.

That is so freaking hot!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:04 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

Name:  vs5.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  965.9 KB
Name:  vs3.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  1.09 MB
Name:  vs4.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  972.4 KB
Name:  vs1.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  858.3 KB
Name:  vs2.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  1.27 MB

#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166

Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Vorstein er*Akra*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

EMAIL: sales@cw4L.com
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less

Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Name:  6-1.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  69.5 KB
Name:  8.jpg
Views: 2031
Size:  90.8 KB
Name:  5-1.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  111.9 KB
Name:  9.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  61.3 KB
Name:  7-1.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  84.5 KB
Name:  3-1.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  52.3 KB
Name:  4-1.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  108.5 KB
Name:  1-14.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  110.7 KB
Old 02-12-2014, 11:22 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

And yet another Forgiato with Red, playing on this them. Enjoy the pics

Name:  4-2.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  234.1 KB
Name:  6-2.jpg
Views: 4764
Size:  293.3 KB
Name:  7-2.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  170.9 KB
Name:  5-2.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  303.0 KB
Name:  8-1.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  75.6 KB
Name:  2-2.jpg
Views: 4555
Size:  190.2 KB
Name:  1-15.jpg
Views: 3950
Size:  200.3 KB
Name:  3-2.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  218.9 KB
Old 02-20-2014, 02:43 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:22 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I miss the time when performance cars would have wheels no bigger in diameter than was necessary to clear the brake calipers.

It's not just about looks (although I think that kind of look is a bit underrated), it's about performance and practicality. Better ride, cheaper tires, cheaper rims, longer lasting tires, better rim protection, less unsprung weight, less rotational inertia... The ONLY advantage to larger wheels is completely subjective. Yes, they have "stiffer sidewalls", but that has minimal advantages, and you can buy tires that will give you that advantage, too.

... So long story short, no, I don't like it. I think the Z51 wheels are already unnecessarily large. I'm tired of all these rubber band-wrapped wheels.

/rant

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 02-21-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:28 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Wheel'$ForLe$$
Forgiato F2.01 ECL 20/21 Fitment on Corvette C7.

For those of you that don't like black sorry to torture you, but we love it

All good the C7 wheels are flying out, so not a problem. We appreciate your opinion but personally these are incredible.

Have a good weekend,
Old 02-21-2014, 03:27 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

I will say that I really like the actual design and finish on the wheels. Just not a fan of the size.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:25 PM
4vettegenerations
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I miss the time when performance cars would have wheels no bigger in diameter than was necessary to clear the brake calipers.

It's not just about looks (although I think that kind of look is a bit underrated), it's about performance and practicality. Better ride, cheaper tires, cheaper rims, longer lasting tires, better rim protection, less unsprung weight, less rotational inertia... The ONLY advantage to larger wheels is completely subjective. Yes, they have "stiffer sidewalls", but that has minimal advantages, and you can buy tires that will give you that advantage, too.

... So long story short, no, I don't like it. I think the Z51 wheels are already unnecessarily large. I'm tired of all these rubber band-wrapped wheels.

/rant

That's a long explanation just to say you don't like them. LOL

News Flash for ya....You don't HAVE to buy them!!

Sure there are reasons to stay with stock wheels, smaller wheels, etc, etc. Did you ever think that some people don't care about giving up an ounce of performance to get a particular look that they want? The Corvette is just as much "show" as it is "go". Some people buy them specifically to race them on a track. Those people won't be buying 20/21 inch wheels. Other's purchase them as daily drivers. Others purchase them because the love the way that it looks and because it's a Corvette. And others love to modify the heck out of them to suit their own personal taste and could care less if the wheel weighs an ounce more than stock. BTW, most custom wheels, weigh LESS than stock wheels.

The great thing about living in America, we all have the right to choose as we want. And being human, we all have the ability to think for ourselves and have different opinions.

And most people buying a Corvette aren't worried about cheaper tires and rims. Certainly those considering custom built high end wheels aren't worried about finding the cheapest option.

I think the Black wheels on this thread look amazing. I think the other thread with silver HRE wheels look amazing as well. I'm not a big fan of the baby blue wheels or cherry red wheels, but that's just my taste. That's why these wheel manufacturers offer hundreds of combinations, because not everyone will like the same thing. If we did, this would be one boring *** world!!
Old 02-22-2014, 01:57 AM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 4vettegenerations
That's a long explanation just to say you don't like them. LOL

News Flash for ya....You don't HAVE to buy them!!

Sure there are reasons to stay with stock wheels, smaller wheels, etc, etc. Did you ever think that some people don't care about giving up an ounce of performance to get a particular look that they want? The Corvette is just as much "show" as it is "go". Some people buy them specifically to race them on a track. Those people won't be buying 20/21 inch wheels. Other's purchase them as daily drivers. Others purchase them because the love the way that it looks and because it's a Corvette. And others love to modify the heck out of them to suit their own personal taste and could care less if the wheel weighs an ounce more than stock. BTW, most custom wheels, weigh LESS than stock wheels.

The great thing about living in America, we all have the right to choose as we want. And being human, we all have the ability to think for ourselves and have different opinions.

And most people buying a Corvette aren't worried about cheaper tires and rims. Certainly those considering custom built high end wheels aren't worried about finding the cheapest option.

I think the Black wheels on this thread look amazing. I think the other thread with silver HRE wheels look amazing as well. I'm not a big fan of the baby blue wheels or cherry red wheels, but that's just my taste. That's why these wheel manufacturers offer hundreds of combinations, because not everyone will like the same thing. If we did, this would be one boring *** world!!
I covered just about everything you said in my post. And like I said, it was just a rant. I don't actually hate these particular wheels.

If people want to get these kinds of wheels aftermarket, more power to them. But I hate that this trend has grown so popular that even OEMs are having to buy into it, gimping their cars and raising costs for fairly shallow reasons. The fact that even the Z51 Vette comes with 20" wheels from the factory is just plain silly. And the fact that those wheels still aren't big enough for some people is even more silly AFAIC. That's why I went on that [maybe unwelcome] rant. It's an opinion I feel compelled to share from time to time.

... But if that's what people want, then that's what people want, I guess. Sucks for people like me.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 02-22-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:20 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I covered just about everything you said in my post. And like I said, it was just a rant. I don't actually hate these particular wheels.

If people want to get these kinds of wheels aftermarket, more power to them. But I hate that this trend has grown so popular that even OEMs are having to buy into it, gimping their cars and raising costs for fairly shallow reasons. The fact that even the Z51 Vette comes with 20" wheels from the factory is just plain silly. And the fact that those wheels still aren't big enough for some people is even more silly AFAIC. That's why I went on that [maybe unwelcome] rant. It's an opinion I feel compelled to share from time to time.

... But if that's what people want, then that's what people want, I guess. Sucks for people like me.
Being that the Z51 model is the most popular by far, you my friend, are in the minority that the wheels are "silly". Many are buying the Z51 package just for the wheels. If a manufacturer is making the change (keep in mind, one small changes costs GM millions in production), then that means they're doing it because that's what people want. Based on the hundreds (maybe thousands) of Corvette Modifications sites, there's clearly a BIG market for aftermarket accessories as well. You build what sells.

But hey, at least GM hasn't forgot about you either. The base model with 18/19" wheels is still available and based on your first post, is much "cheaper", so guys like you are not forced into things they don't want.

Funny, I was just at Forgiato today and saw 32" wheels!!!! OK, now those, I'll admit, we're just a wee bit too big!! LOL
Old 02-22-2014, 05:48 AM
pcara
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgiato F2.01 ECL 20/21 Fitment on Corvette C7.

For those of you that don't like black sorry to torture you, but we love it

I'm an arctic white guy but that is one bad *** look! Sorry I did'nt think of that combo. Still, love the one I ordered.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:37 AM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7
Being that the Z51 model is the most popular by far, you my friend, are in the minority that the wheels are "silly". Many are buying the Z51 package just for the wheels. If a manufacturer is making the change (keep in mind, one small changes costs GM millions in production), then that means they're doing it because that's what people want. Based on the hundreds (maybe thousands) of Corvette Modifications sites, there's clearly a BIG market for aftermarket accessories as well. You build what sells.

But hey, at least GM hasn't forgot about you either. The base model with 18/19" wheels is still available and based on your first post, is much "cheaper", so guys like you are not forced into things they don't want.

Funny, I was just at Forgiato today and saw 32" wheels!!!! OK, now those, I'll admit, we're just a wee bit too big!! LOL
I understand that's what people want, that doesn't change anything I said... It just confirms it, if anything. And I want the Z51 package, too. For the performance. Everything in that package EXCEPT the oversized wheels will help with performance. Maybe the Z51 could have avoided adding a few unnecessary lbs if they just put one inch smaller wheels on the thing. So no, there isn't any way for me to get what I want without buying aftermarket wheels.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 02-23-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:04 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

I understand that's what people want, that doesn't change anything I said... It just confirms it, if anything. And I want the Z51 package, too. For the performance. Everything in that package EXCEPT the oversized wheels will help with performance. Maybe the Z51 could have avoided adding a few unnecessary lbs if they just put one inch smaller wheels on the thing. So no, there isn't any way for me to get what I want without buying aftermarket wheels.
Ok ok enough of the banter, many of our larger wheels are considerably stronger than the stock smaller wheels let alone lighter. So to each their own, personally nothing looks better than 19/20 and overall fit and function is the perfect choice.

Just one man's thoughts, to each their own but lets keep the friendly banter to PM's if you want to comment further about this.

Thanks all,

Old 03-13-2014, 11:23 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Custom Wheels For Less and our customer Nick got together for this incredible setup on the C7 fit with Forgiato F2.01 wheels in 20/21 Fitment.

Incredible pricing on all Forgiato Setups available now for the C7.

Enjoy

Name:  Shoot-Side-1.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  600.5 KB
Name:  Shoot-RF-Wheel-1.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  786.7 KB
Name:  Shoot-RFW-1.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  375.9 KB
Name:  Shoot-Lr2-1.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  830.6 KB
Name:  Shoot-LRD-1.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  619.2 KB
Name:  Shoot-RF2-1.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  471.2 KB
Name:  Shoot-LR-Wheel-1.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  874.0 KB
Name:  Shoot-RF1-1.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  714.9 KB
Old 03-14-2014, 02:39 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok ok enough of the banter, many of our larger wheels are considerably stronger than the stock smaller wheels let alone lighter. So to each their own, personally nothing looks better than 19/20 and overall fit and function is the perfect choice.

Just one man's thoughts, to each their own but lets keep the friendly banter to PM's if you want to comment further about this.

Thanks all,

Do you have any machined/black combination wheels in 20/21's. I have a black car and not sure if all black is best. Do you also have photos of these wheels on a black car? What's the price on a set of these with tires?
Old 03-14-2014, 02:42 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by realwhiz
Do you have any machined/black combination wheels in 20/21's. I have a black car and not sure if all black is best. Do you also have photos of these wheels on a black car? What's the price on a set of these with tires?
Sure we can do them in 2 tone but no pics as we haven't done them on a black C7 yet. All our wheels are fully customizable

Get notified of new replies

To C7 and Forgiato Wheels 20/21

Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure we can do them in 2 tone but no pics as we haven't done them on a black C7 yet. All our wheels are fully customizable
So how can I get an idea of how these might look?
Old 03-14-2014, 02:58 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Take a look at forgiatos website can use wheel visualizer
Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably the best way to handle the grille problem. the grille actually enhances the wheels. that of course is just one persons opinion.

Quick Reply: C7 and Forgiato Wheels 20/21