Sponsored by:

Wish List for future model years

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Default Wish List for future model years

I know that GM has people reading the forums, and certainly many dealers do, so I think it would be a good idea to keep track of wish-list items from current C7 owners.

This is not a prediction of future features, but perhaps a list of the "small things" that GM could do to make the fabulous C7 even better in future years.

I've owned my C7 for about 6 weeks now, so I feel like I've lived in it long enough to learn what else I want. However, I have an emotional connection to this car that I've never experienced with another car before. It is THAT GOOD.

Here's my wish list:

- Add the ability to LOCK the door by pressing something in the door handle, without removing the key from your pocket. Yes, there is an "auto lock" feature after you've left the car for a certain period of time, but it would be better to stick a little button in the handle to lock it instantly.

- Make an adjustment for the side bolsters on the seat bottom to move the bolsters in and out. Bigger people sit with their legs partially resting on the top of the bolster, and since they have stiffened the bolsters, this can get uncomfortable after a while.

- Make an option to start the car with rev matching ON (or remember the last setting).

- Make the battery more accessible by adding a door, rather than requiring you to pull the carpet away from the sides (potentially damaging something).

- Add a power terminal of some type into the rearview mirror, so we can easily mount our radar detectors there.

- Install a covered power receptacle for a battery tender on the outside of the car -- perhaps under the rear bumper, or someplace not visible. As great as the power receptacle is in the trunk, you still have to slam the wire in the trunk lid, and protect the wire as it dangles against the paint. There should be a downward-facing receptacle under the rear bumper (or something like that). So many garage queens, so many dangling cords...

- Echoing a post elsewhere on the forums, I would like to have power-folding mirrors that automatically retract when parked. Make it an option, so people who want a stripped car don't have to add the weight.

- Likewise, add a trunk lid closing mechanism that pulls the trunk lid closed after it gently latches. I have gotten very good at "slamming" the trunk lid with just the right amount of force, but I'd rather not if possible.

- Add an LED light under the hood. My C5 has an incandescent light under the hood, and when I changed it to an LED, it easily lit up everything clearly at night.

- Likewise, change ALL incandescent lights to LEDs. License plate lights and trunk lights, I'm looking at you. (I purchased the LED lights offered by a forum vendor, and they're great.)

- Add an optional stretchy cargo net that lies flat on the trunk floor, and in anchored in the four corners of the trunk area. My Audi has this, and it is great. You can pull up the net and slip your cargo under it, and the net kind of "shrink wraps" your cargo to keep it from moving. (Also keep supplying the cargo net that attaches to the rear wall.)

Well, that's my list for now. Maybe I'll come up with more later.

What would be on YOUR List?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
- CAGS (AKA 1-4 Skip Shift) only active in ECO mode.

- Seats' backrest latch should be located behind headrests. Driver, while seated, should be able to fold passenger seat backrest forward. Like the way it was from C3 to C6.

- Redesign Daytime Running Lamps in a way that can change intensity and function as fog-lamps if needed. Alternatively, use bi-color LEDs for front turn signal LEDs to function as fog-lamps if needed.

Last edited by bimmerborn; 12-03-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:37 PM
kdepew
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
I know that GM has people reading the forums, and certainly many dealers do, so I think it would be a good idea to keep track of wish-list items from current C7 owners.

This is not a prediction of future features, but perhaps a list of the "small things" that GM could do to make the fabulous C7 even better in future years.

I've owned my C7 for about 6 weeks now, so I feel like I've lived in it long enough to learn what else I want. However, I have an emotional connection to this car that I've never experienced with another car before. It is THAT GOOD.

Here's my wish list:

- Add the ability to LOCK the door by pressing something in the door handle, without removing the key from your pocket. Yes, there is an "auto lock" feature after you've left the car for a certain period of time, but it would be better to stick a little button in the handle to lock it instantly.

- Make an adjustment for the side bolsters on the seat bottom to move the bolsters in and out. Bigger people sit with their legs partially resting on the top of the bolster, and since they have stiffened the bolsters, this can get uncomfortable after a while.

- Make an option to start the car with rev matching ON (or remember the last setting).

- Make the battery more accessible by adding a door, rather than requiring you to pull the carpet away from the sides (potentially damaging something).

- Add a power terminal of some type into the rearview mirror, so we can easily mount our radar detectors there.

- Install a covered power receptacle for a battery tender on the outside of the car -- perhaps under the rear bumper, or someplace not visible. As great as the power receptacle is in the trunk, you still have to slam the wire in the trunk lid, and protect the wire as it dangles against the paint. There should be a downward-facing receptacle under the rear bumper (or something like that). So many garage queens, so many dangling cords...

- Echoing a post elsewhere on the forums, I would like to have power-folding mirrors that automatically retract when parked. Make it an option, so people who want a stripped car don't have to add the weight.

- Likewise, add a trunk lid closing mechanism that pulls the trunk lid closed after it gently latches. I have gotten very good at "slamming" the trunk lid with just the right amount of force, but I'd rather not if possible.

- Add an LED light under the hood. My C5 has an incandescent light under the hood, and when I changed it to an LED, it easily lit up everything clearly at night.

- Likewise, change ALL incandescent lights to LEDs. License plate lights and trunk lights, I'm looking at you. (I purchased the LED lights offered by a forum vendor, and they're great.)

- Add an optional stretchy cargo net that lies flat on the trunk floor, and in anchored in the four corners of the trunk area. My Audi has this, and it is great. You can pull up the net and slip your cargo under it, and the net kind of "shrink wraps" your cargo to keep it from moving. (Also keep supplying the cargo net that attaches to the rear wall.)

Well, that's my list for now. Maybe I'll come up with more later.

That is a pretty good list. I agree most of those would be welcome. I don't care about anything related to the battery as I live in the South where we don't deal with cold weather and having to store cars. I'm not sure about power folding mirrors either. I wouldn't care about them automatically retracting when parked. Having a button to retract them might be useful when pulling into a garage though.

My list would be:

1) Redesign the rear. Remove the mascara events. Shrink the massive black diffuser. Soften some of the edges a little bit. Maybe dump the round tailpipes.
2) Add an option for the Z51 wheels that is priced reasonably.
3) Allow purchasing the Magnetic Ride Control w/o having to purchase the Z51 package.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Mike S
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Eight speed locking auto with fuzzy logic programming like the one in my ISF for the Z07/Zr1 or whatever it is/they are to be designated..

An 8 spd is available for the 420HP 2014 Cadillac V-sport and is rumored to be available for the 2014 CTS-V that may have 600HP. If the size of the unit isn't an issue, let's have it Chevy. If size is an issue, fix it.

Chevy is losing sales by not offering an auto in the hi HP model. (See Ferrari, Audi, Porsche and Lambo.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kdepew
That is a pretty good list. I agree most of those would be welcome. I don't care about anything related to the battery as I live in the South where we don't deal with cold weather and having to store cars. I'm not sure about power folding mirrors either. I wouldn't care about them automatically retracting when parked. Having a button to retract them might be useful when pulling into a garage though.

My list would be:

1) Redesign the rear. Remove the mascara events. Shrink the massive black diffuser. Soften some of the edges a little bit. Maybe dump the round tailpipes.
2) Add an option for the Z51 wheels that is priced reasonably.
3) Allow purchasing the Magnetic Ride Control w/o having to purchase the Z51 package.
If the sales are meeting expectations i don't think there going to do anything in regards to your #1 but i agree with #2 and 3 they would be easy to offer as customer choice,
i would also add replace the green colo,r or if not can add an additional color choice.

Last edited by Rob 99; 12-03-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:49 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is mine:
1. Bring back Atomic Orange as color option.
2. Offer auto versions of Z06 and ZR1
3. Keep at least a 7.0 litre engine or bigger in the z06. Can go with 6.2 or so in the zr1 with twin turbos or supercharger.
4. Minimum power 550 to 600 in the z06 and 650 to 700 in the zr1.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:56 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ALLANB
Here is mine:
1. Bring back Atomic Orange as color option.
2. Offer auto versions of Z06 and ZR1
3. Keep at least a 7.0 litre engine or bigger in the z06. Can go with 6.2 or so in the zr1 with twin turbos or supercharger.
4. Minimum power 550 to 600 in the z06 and 650 to 700 in the zr1.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Since I don't own one yet (nor have even driven one yet) I can only think of one thing that I know of which bothers me and I hope they fix. I want the ability to adjust each individual performance parameter independently, and not be stuck with the preset settings that GM set up (eco, touring, sport, track, etc.) The main thing for me is that I'd always want the throttle in sport mode, even if the suspension and exhaust were in touring mode.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Philr56
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

1. Offer the Z51 wheels and tires (19F/20R) option on the base car.
2. Repeal the requirement to order 3LT to get Brownstone interior
Old 12-03-2013, 07:13 PM
SpryGeezer
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ALLANB
2. Offer auto versions of Z06 and ZR1....
I'm in.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Magnetic suspension option for non-Z51 models
Old 12-03-2013, 07:16 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Add LeMans Blue to the color palate.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Add LeMans Blue to the color palate.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:20 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

Add programming that will index windows when just opening rear hatch. Would keep them from adding weight/cost with a electric closer. The air box idea just doesn't work.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Fretka
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sequential gearbox
Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Patman
Since I don't own one yet (nor have even driven one yet) I can only think of one thing that I know of which bothers me and I hope they fix. I want the ability to adjust each individual performance parameter independently, and not be stuck with the preset settings that GM set up (eco, touring, sport, track, etc.) The main thing for me is that I'd always want the throttle in sport mode, even if the suspension and exhaust were in touring mode.
Kind of agree w. the above altho it may be more difficult than just writing software. Maybe. I'd also change the design of those toggle switches to the left of the steering wheel and the rounded but flat look of the dash. Don't change the carbon flash color or size of the back panel since it breaks up the large size of the rear end but possibly offer a dealer installed body-colored panel.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
- CAGS (AKA 1-4 Skip Shift) only active in ECO mode.

- Seats' backrest latch should be located behind headrests. Driver, while seated, should be able to fold passenger seat backrest forward. Like the way it was from C3 to C6.

- Redesign Daytime Running Lamps in a way that can change intensity and function as fog-lamps if needed. Alternatively, use bi-color LEDs for front turn signal LEDs to function as fog-lamps if needed.
Totally agree on the seat backrest latch. It's kind of a pain to find the seat latch on the side every time I want to fold the seat.

They don't even have to make the latch handle that sticks out, like on previous models. Many car manufacturers are using flush buttons or recessed latches, so the look of the seat isn't ruined.

Get notified of new replies

To Wish List for future model years

Old 12-04-2013, 10:25 AM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

1. more HP
2. lower gearing in the first 5 gears
3. no e diff or active handling, other than basic ABS with tuning similar to c5 z06 - or at least an ability to start and keep the car forever at that setting, with no DRP or VSES routine interfering with corner entry yaw on the brakes, all the time, without having to press any buttons more than once in the life of the car.
4. no screens in the dash, just high quality gauges
5. wider, 18" wheels, at least until 19" tire makers catch up.
6. eliminate module control of basic functions that can be properly and more reliably handled by a switch, e.g. door locks, windows, AC, etc.
6. improved wiring harness with accessible module panel containing all modules, so no extensive dash dissassembly is required to make electronic repairs... so the car can be enjoyed for 60 years like an older vette can.

and....7. make the entire car in 7/8 scale....LOL.

Last edited by theseal; 12-04-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Definitely add Atomic Orange.
Allow seats to recline further
Option MSRC in non-Z51
D-Steering wheel as an option
Old 12-04-2013, 12:21 PM
StingRaycer
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want blind spot monitoring, rear camera that can be on all the time aimed at rear traffic, and turn signal indicators in the mirrors.
I also like the ideas above for indexing windows to close the hatch, outside receptacle for battery tender, door lock feature in handle and
PLEASE fix the crazy illogical memory seat feature - that should be an easy program since its been around so long but many of us are having great difficulty with it when it should be simple.

Quick Reply: Wish List for future model years