Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Dealer is ripping me off, big time. Dubai

Old 12-01-2013, 03:43 AM
KingMotley
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

The ttv option isn't that big of a deal, it's carbon flash (paint). I ordered mine without it because the option sheet I ordered from didn't even have it listed as an option. I asked my dealer about it, and they can order the spoiler (pre-painted), and the mirrors they get unpainted and paint them carbon flash. Total was about $2500 to get it done.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:05 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,208 Likes on 13,924 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

If you're not going to be happy with the car as ordered (if it really is), then reconsider whether you really want to go through with the purchase. Why pay all that money and not get what you want? Hope things work out for you.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:19 AM
emaratee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP,

This is Dubai, every single dealership is monopolizing the local market and no one here interested in regularizing the market (I guess you know why) .. But seriously, why would you pay such a markup on a Corvette ..

The other day, I went to the Land Rover Stealer here in Dubai to place an order on the big Range Rover, and guess what, I have to wait till Jan 2015 (thanks stealer am not interested) to get it !! thanks to great tie up between dealer and used car network in the city who are getting most of the allocation and manipulating/filliping the car's price. It's $40k more expensive than the US.

I know that new car filliping is a big business here in Dubai, but not Corvettes. At that price I'll never touch a that C7. Re-sell value for Corvettes here in Dubai is just rubbish.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:17 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not much value here, eh?because there is no solution. it sounds like you have gotten involved with some people with no integrity--all bets are off. even if you obtained a lawyer, they would not be on your side. my advice is to take delivery, on whatever basis they give it to you, and assuming they ever do give it to you. upon receipt, if you like it, keep it. if you dont, sell it. there likely is a good market for it. you might even make some money on it. and i know, you rather have the car. best of luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!! Dealer is ripping me off, big time. Dubai