Sponsored by:

C7's Arrive at Bondurant!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:34 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Suede wheel and shifter Im thinking I saw somewhere before was available with the comp seats only. That's what I think I remember.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:07 PM
mb1
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Cameron - Okay, I want to hear more about the daily usability of those comp seats. They look awesome. I love the back/shell. I get that you guys use these cars exclusively on the track for the school but wondering opinions on whether they would be comfortable enough for daily use (I like firm seats just not super restrictive) that have actually sat in them.

I was in BG and discussed it with Harlan Charles where he said track only but I'm not the typical demo graphic (thin under 40 :-)

Also interested in pricing on the packages you offer by PM please.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by VADanno
Those are the first competition seats I've seen in delivered cars. That is the perfect place for them. I can't wait until you open the school at COTA! It will be hard to resist taking a class on the Austin track.

Sweet seats!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:27 PM
romaja
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Because Goodyear is a sponsor/partner of Bondurant (I don't know the exact relationship, but recall last year when I was there they stated one of the big reasons for their success was the relationship with Goodyear).

I want to take the Advanced GPRR course just to run the C7's, but not sure I can fit it in with other events from Jan-April and by May, it'll be too damn hot out there.
S.
I attended the 4 day GPRR last September and had a blast! Highly recommend! 107 degrees on the track. They offer a discount that time of year as this is part of the hot season.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Where are the C6 GSes listed for sale?
Old 11-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
That looks like the suede steering wheel and shifter too...... Hmm trade you
...I don't know, but to me, that steering wheel looks odd. The silver center portion is too strong against the suede. Looks weird to me. Something not quite right.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by romaja
I attended the 4 day GPRR last September and had a blast! Highly recommend! 107 degrees on the track. They offer a discount that time of year as this is part of the hot season.
I've done the 4-day GPRR (also did Shifter Karts), I want to take the Advanced course. And yeah...it was HOT.
S.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
Suede wheel and shifter Im thinking I saw somewhere before was available with the comp seats only. That's what I think I remember.
Yep, that's how I ordered mine. Comp seats with the micro suede gets you the micro suede steering wheel and shifter.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:48 PM
richgoat
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZstingray
Wow I didnt realize I live less than 5 miles from you guys. I definitely need to sign up for one of your programs. I got my C7 a few weeks ago.
Go do the 4 day course, it is a blast! I did it earlier this year, then had my brother come out and do it. We both loved it, and definitely want to do an advanced course next year.

I did it when it was a little less than 110, it's not that bad

Will need to stop by check these out!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:15 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

comp seats look great
Old 11-26-2013, 01:59 AM
BlueSting
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Will all your cars be equipped with competition seats?
Old 11-26-2013, 10:22 AM
MachAll 2005
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BondurantHPD
Goodyear is one of our biggest sponsors and has been with Bondurant for over 30 years! Without their tire sponsorship, courses would cost a lot more money...
BUT you left the Michelin tires on the ZR1 that were used for the GM High Performance training that came with the purchase of a new ZR?
(p.s...I did my ZR1 schooling at BB with Pete Miller .... great experience)
I also understand that GM retained ownership of these specific cars? IF so, did they help with replacement tires during the specific use?

Also interesting that/if GM would be happy with BB training with tires that are different that what the new Stingray was developed with.

Also, must wonder what Spring Mountain does for tires?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Suede shifter and steering wheel trim is included with the Competition Seat option....
Old 11-26-2013, 11:16 AM
BondurantHPD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by mb1
Cameron - Okay, I want to hear more about the daily usability of those comp seats. They look awesome. I love the back/shell. I get that you guys use these cars exclusively on the track for the school but wondering opinions on whether they would be comfortable enough for daily use (I like firm seats just not super restrictive) that have actually sat in them.

I was in BG and discussed it with Harlan Charles where he said track only but I'm not the typical demo graphic (thin under 40 :-)

Also interested in pricing on the packages you offer by PM please.
Shooting you a PM here shortly!

Originally Posted by Bluewasp
Where are the C6 GSes listed for sale?
We usually sell them off to a private dealer that sells them from there. However, when they come up for sale we do have a list of people that have contacted us and let them know first. For more information on that, contact Alan Rudolph at ARudolph@Bondurant.com.

Originally Posted by BlueSting
Will all your cars be equipped with competition seats?
You bet they will!

Originally Posted by MachAll 2005
BUT you left the Michelin tires on the ZR1 that were used for the GM High Performance training that came with the purchase of a new ZR?
(p.s...I did my ZR1 schooling at BB with Pete Miller .... great experience)
I also understand that GM retained ownership of these specific cars? IF so, did they help with replacement tires during the specific use?

Also interesting that/if GM would be happy with BB training with tires that are different that what the new Stingray was developed with.

Also, must wonder what Spring Mountain does for tires?

Thanks
We've always found Goodyear tires to be the best tires out here, but the fitment options we needed for Goodyear tires aren't available for the ZR1 wheel. Yes, GM retained ownership of the ZR1's and did not help with tire replacement, thus, those tires cost a lot of money. GM works with us on figuring out the best tires for the vehicle and track use, including when the Goodyear engineers come to Bondurant to really get a feel for the needs of the tires.

I believe SM has a Michelin Sponsorship.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:03 PM
bigwoolyg
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 32 Posts

It's a dry heat
Old 11-27-2013, 03:17 PM
BondurantHPD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by bigwoolyg
It's a dry heat
I have a pretty good response for people when they ask how I can stand to live in Arizona year round: "I don't ever recall waking up an hour early to go shovel sunshine out of my driveway just to make it to work."

Quick Reply: C7's Arrive at Bondurant!