Sponsored by:

C7's HITTING THE USED CAR LOTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:14 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by PUGPROUD
A few years back I bought my wife a Mercedes S55 and within two weeks two of my sons were in handcuffs for speeding and she made me trade it in...took a big financial hit but still married to a good woman and great cook !
Smart man.

(You can't trade in the sons, either.)
Old 11-23-2013, 09:30 PM
DalTexVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know all about the pain of having to trade your newly purchased car early. Bought an 09 LS460 which had many problems in and out of the dealer for warranty repairs. Eventually, could not get Lexus to lemon the car and buy it back; ended up taking a loss and traded it into my 535i.

I hope when I order my C7, it won't happen to me again.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:33 AM
mikemote
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Most likely bought by wholesaler trying for a quick profit but it didn't work out
Old 11-24-2013, 09:40 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
Corvettes are not for everyone. I know people that have bought them and never felt a connection and sold them not too long after. I am convinced these individuals have no soul and are placed here by aliens, but that's just me.

Others may have ordered the car when it was first available for orders and really didn't like what they picked sight unseen and decided to make a change... there could be a million reasons.

I don't buy used, so it doesn't impact me at all.

I've spoken to many people who said they once had a vette for a short period of time, but it wasn't for them and they got rid of it.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default C7's HITTING THE USED CAR LOTS

Good! That means I'll have more to choose from!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:10 AM
yuri_Stingray
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
I knew one guy who bought one..... an older dude... did not tell his wife. Unfortunately she was unable to easily get in and out of it and he decided to dump it.

Saw a brand new Cadi the one that replaced the deville...... the big one...... had 1000 miles on it. Salesman said some 80 y/o dumped it for a Mercedes because his young blood sucking girlfriend said it made him look old. Well it did he was.

Point is all sorts of reasons......... And there are guys who have car shopping addictions too.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Just did a quick scan of this post didn't see this mentioned. Dealers will take a car with few miles on it make it used. For the purpose of putting in on the lot without window sticker and will price it above window sticker so that some *** who has no clue to pricing will pay there markup. Saw this done at one of Bill Heards dealers in Ga. I walked over to new cars found one priced it and looked at the used one more money.
z51vett
Doug

Quick Reply: C7's HITTING THE USED CAR LOTS