Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Z51 gets delivered...truck-rail-truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Another Z51 gets delivered...truck-rail-truck

Got the call from my salesman that my Z51 was delivered this afternoon and when did I want to come and get it. I am anxious to go but we got 5" of snow yesterday with another inch tonight so the roads are salted and messy. Hopefully they will dry off for pick up on Monday. I lucked out and have not had to wait like many of you. This is what worked for me: I was using the inventory search on the Chevrolet build your own site regularly. No dealers in northern Wisconsin had any allocations so I watched the Minneapolis and Milwaukee/Chicago areas. It didn't take long for there to be some cars sitting around especially at smaller dealers. There were plenty of Z51s and most dealers were at MSRP. I love the chase and am not a MSRP kind of guy especially going into winter. It didn't take long to find the Z51 I was looking for at an attractive price. The cars hit the locator as soon as they are released for shipping so you can get a jump on the car sometimes before the salesmen know it is on the way. I purchased the car by email and a couple of calls, no BS, no manager, no games. This is how it should be. It's funny how some dealerships are embracing the internet to spread their customer base and others use it as a gimmick to use misleading information to get you in the door. So what did I get? Night race blue with 2LT black interior, Z51 with mag ride, 7 speed, carbon fiber dash, exposed carbon fiber and transparent roofs, red calipers, performance exhaust, chrome wheels and navigation. Where? Wilcox Chevrolet Cadillac in Forest Lake MN. Thanks Rock. All I need now is for the weather to cooperate.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:47 AM
CO Pman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for you!! I like your approach, great work. How about some pics when the weather clears, sounds like a beautiful car, my second choice for color. Congrats…...
P
Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Congratulations! Like you I found my car on the inventory search function on Chevrolet.com. I hope you get you car delivered soon.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:20 AM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Congratulations on your new Vette. It sounds like a nice one
Old 11-22-2013, 07:53 AM
MThomas
Safety Car

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

Congrats!!!!! Enjoy your new Corvette.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:25 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Congratulations. Good work finding a great car. The Title caught my eye, truck-rail-truck. I didn't think any C7s were being shipped by rail yet?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Congratulations. Good work finding a great car. The Title caught my eye, truck-rail-truck. I didn't think any C7s were being shipped by rail yet?
Shipments going west have been shifted to rail. Mine was trucked to Toledo where it was transferred to rail. I didn't think MN was far enough west to warrant shipping by rail and thought it would be about the same cost as trucking. Rail is certainly slower, though CCS told me the rail company has 10 days to deliver it. I am not sure what day my car left BG. The cover was left on for the whole trip. The west coast time line may be more equal as trains tend to keep moving.

I can't wait to get it home. Like many others, (and I thank them for their informational posts) I will do a few things. On the hoist it will go for lowering and splash guards from Fitchner. Paint protection film is ordered and window tint will be right behind. Seeing that it will most likely be out of commission because of winter there will be plenty of time to contemplate what is next. I have my fingers crossed that GM has the bugs out after building almost 6000 cars before mine.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Z51 gets delivered...truck-rail-truck

Quick Reply: Another Z51 gets delivered...truck-rail-truck