Sponsored by:

How does anybody over 6'3 and a wide build

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:55 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
Like I said, you don't know how to adjust the seat. Dude, I described my height and weight, and I OWN the fracking car. You think maybe I would know? Or are you going to tell me that your little visit with the C7 at your local dealer puts you at a higher knowledge level? Give me (and everyone else) a break.

Edit: Save me the C6 comments. The C7 is totally different, and you need to clear your head of old, manually adjustable seats.

Edit x2: It's people like you who made me nervous I wouldn't fit in the car after I ordered it sight-unseen. You want to know why I have an attitude here? Because it is angering that people like you, who have no clue how to adjust the seats, put out these blanket statements about tall people not being able to fit in the C7. To everyone out there who may be nervous because you're tall: DO NOT LISTEN to these people, like the OP of this thread, who will claim to not fit. They don't know what they're doing, and frankly most "local dealers" don't either.
what kind of lubricant, shoehorn and rubber hammer do you use?
Old 12-10-2013, 08:28 PM
rickriada
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I'm 6'3" and weigh 230lbs and "will" myself to fit into the car. Just don't watch me try to get into it and get out of it especially if I can't open the driver's door far enough out. I have to constantly look for parking spots where no one can park to my left so I can easily open the door all the way to get out of it and then into it. My C6 cars seemed to have more leg room or whatever as this new car seems more "cramped" to me. Maybe it is time to get old faster so I can shrink and get skinnier so I can enjoy the new wheels? I bought the car as an ordered car and once seeing it at delivery, I decided to get into the car and drive it off the lot regardless of what my aging body told me about the "fit".
Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickriada
I'm 6'3" and weigh 230lbs and "will" myself to fit into the car. Just don't watch me try to get into it and get out of it especially if I can't open the driver's door far enough out. I have to constantly look for parking spots where no one can park to my left so I can easily open the door all the way to get out of it and then into it. My C6 cars seemed to have more leg room or whatever as this new car seems more "cramped" to me. Maybe it is time to get old faster so I can shrink and get skinnier so I can enjoy the new wheels? I bought the car as an ordered car and once seeing it at delivery, I decided to get into the car and drive it off the lot regardless of what my aging body told me about the "fit".
You speak the truth.

I could "will" myself to fit in a smart car if I wanted to.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet

I am 6' 4" and 250 lbs. I fit perfectly, with room to spare. If you don't fit, it's your fault, not the car's.....
:rof l:

Sure...."room to spare"....
Old 12-11-2013, 03:36 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

6'4" 260... no issues. Wear a 38x34 pant.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by travisnd
6'4" 260... no issues. Wear a 38x34 pant.

Well, if you feel comfortable with the seating position, than that's what counts.

Just confirms that this along with seat comfort is very subjective.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:02 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm very picky... Just being able to get "in" the car doesn't equate to fitting to me. I need to be able to sit in a proper position to track the car. If I can't I don't consider it "fitting". I.e. I can't fit in a Viper... could never track the car. C7 I'm fine. The trick is to move the seat forward to first ensure you have the seat base all the way down. Then you move the seat all the way back and then recline the seat. After that I move the seat base about 1" forward and recline the seat again until it hits the wall behind the seat. This coupled with the telescoping steering column is perfect.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Drifting

Im 6'1" ..about 215-220 lbs....When I sat in one I fit ok...but didnt find much room to spare....I like having the seat up as much as I can and prefer not to have my legs sticking straight out....

My c5 feels more spacious.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

I didn't realize that so many retired NFL players liked Corvettes.

I'm 3'3" & 65 lbs. so it sounds like I'll be able to fit my entire family in the C7, which is great as it will cut down on my expenses of needing to own multiple vehicles. Of course you tall guys have deeper pockets & thus you were already able to buy your C7s. Short people, like me, have shallow pockets so it will be a while until I'm able to buy one.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:18 PM
C6andaBronco
Pro

Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer
Instead of waiting for some huge guy to produce a video why don't you just go to your local chevy dealer and try one on?

That's what I did and could not fit well at all so I bought this instead.

Let the flaming commence but I could give a "F". I absolutely love the Shelby.
I love the way the GT500 sits. A good friend has one that was converted to a super shelby out in Nevada. I thought the damn thing was fast enough before he has it done, but now it is just insane. Same color combo as yours. Nice choice.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6andaBronco
I love the way the GT500 sits. A good friend has one that was converted to a super shelby out in Nevada. I thought the damn thing was fast enough before he has it done, but now it is just insane. Same color combo as yours. Nice choice.
Thanks. It's actually called "Super Snake". It's about 40k to do it and gets the hp up 200 more.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:42 PM
tooold2race
Burning Brakes

Received 547 Likes on 284 Posts

It's kinda' like mini skirt or a 'designer suit'..... if it doesn't fit, buy something else. I hear oversized people fit better in 911's and MB SL's....

Who said 'one size fit's all' or that GM intended the Corvette to be for everybody????
Old 12-11-2013, 11:18 PM
hokiebus
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer
Fit in the new stingray?

I went to a local dealer yesterday and got to sit in the new c7. I played with that seat for at least 10 minutes and I couldn't for the life of me fit and get comfortable. I tried all the tricks I've read on here and then I went right over and sat in a left over c6 and fit perfect with room to spare.
I don't care what Chevy says about the interior specs being the same the c7 is much tighter and unfortunately I can not be a buyer.

The salesman said at the end that he knew I wouldn't fit and anyone that's 6'2 or taller and has sat in the c7 has had the same experience as me.

What was chevy thinking making the car so small? I don't get it.
Just to let you know I picked up my C7 vert late this afternoon. Never saw or tried to sit in one before I picked up my C7. Here are the stats for me:
6'4"
268 lbs
33" inseam
Got into my vert found at least 4 fingers of hedroom and could stretch my legs (with seat all the way back) and just touched firewall with my toes. Not sure what's gives and/or the sales person doesn't have a clue. But I do agree that the seat is tighter and that was good for me on my 284 mi trip home - most comfortable ride in any previous car I've owned.

Quick Reply: How does anybody over 6'3 and a wide build