How does anybody over 6'3 and a wide build

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does anybody over 6'3 and a wide build

Fit in the new stingray?

I went to a local dealer yesterday and got to sit in the new c7. I played with that seat for at least 10 minutes and I couldn't for the life of me fit and get comfortable. I tried all the tricks I've read on here and then I went right over and sat in a left over c6 and fit perfect with room to spare.
I don't care what Chevy says about the interior specs being the same the c7 is much tighter and unfortunately I can not be a buyer.

The salesman said at the end that he knew I wouldn't fit and anyone that's 6'2 or taller and has sat in the c7 has had the same experience as me.

What was chevy thinking making the car so small? I don't get it.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Slatt's C7
Cruising

Default 6'5"

I weigh about 220 and wear a 46 jacket. I "tried on" a C7 before I bought it, and had plenty of head and leg room.
Now that I have had it for a month I can say that the shape of the seat does tend to push against my upper back (just a little bit) and I feel like I am tending to "hunch over" a bit. I also have the suede inserts on the seats so I don't slip forward (or slouch). I was wondering how the upgraded seats would be. I haven't seen any yet, but I hear that they are a lot more firm, and less comfortable.
That being said - I absolutely love the car. I don't drive it for great distances and don't think that it is uncomfortable. My two other cars are pretty plush and I actually prefer the feel of the C7 most of the time.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

I love the car to but at 6'3 my head was right up to the roof. You must be really hunching over which can't be good for your back.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:32 PM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,890 Likes on 796 Posts

Said it here before a few times....not enough room for me either. Seat doesn't tilt back far enough to get comfortable for a long ride. 6'4" and 240 lbs. GM Engineers at Carlisle admitted they had a problem and said they were working on a fix (there is some sort of switch limiting the seat....not as much room as my C6). HEY GM....anything yet on this fix? Please don't ignore us big dudes...we want to buy one too!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Well, all I can say is that you simply don't know how to adjust the seat. You can think and say that you adjusted it all the way down and all the way back, but know this: you did not. You simply don't know how to adjust it.

No, you don't simply press "down" and press "back". It has been documented multiple times on the forums how to properly set the seat.

I am 6' 4" and 250 lbs. I fit perfectly, with room to spare. If you don't fit, it's your fault, not the car's.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Like I said I tried all and every trick discussed on this forum. None worked. No way I could fit.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

And why did the same tricks or techniques work so well on the c6. I had adequate room in there.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Like I said, you don't know how to adjust the seat. Dude, I described my height and weight, and I OWN the fracking car. You think maybe I would know? Or are you going to tell me that your little visit with the C7 at your local dealer puts you at a higher knowledge level? Give me (and everyone else) a break.

Edit: Save me the C6 comments. The C7 is totally different, and you need to clear your head of old, manually adjustable seats.

Edit x2: It's people like you who made me nervous I wouldn't fit in the car after I ordered it sight-unseen. You want to know why I have an attitude here? Because it is angering that people like you, who have no clue how to adjust the seats, put out these blanket statements about tall people not being able to fit in the C7. To everyone out there who may be nervous because you're tall: DO NOT LISTEN to these people, like the OP of this thread, who will claim to not fit. They don't know what they're doing, and frankly most "local dealers" don't either.

Last edited by Speednet; 11-18-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If your wide, it's a tough fit. With the 1LT seats, I didn't see an adjustment for bolster width. The revised C6 seats were more comfortable and accommodating. The new seats were made for younger folks.

Last edited by Turbooo2u; 11-18-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Speednet
Like I said, you don't know how to adjust the seat. Dude, I described my height and weight, and I OWN the fracking car. You think maybe I would know? Or are you going to tell me that your little visit with the C7 at your local dealer puts you at a higher knowledge level? Give me (and everyone else) a break.

Edit: Save me the C6 comments. The C7 is totally different, and you need to clear your head of old, manually adjustable seats.
Ok you win I'm wrong and I fit like a glove. Wtf is wrong with you?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer
Ok you win I'm wrong and I fit like a glove. Wtf is wrong with you?
WTF is wrong with you?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

WTF is wrong with you?
Hi my name is Bruno and
I listen to fools on auto boards.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:57 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

"Fitting in". And, being comfortable on a long drive are definitely two different things. Just sayin...... I am 6'1" 215 lbs. I sat in the C7s at Carlisle for awhile, in the town, talking to the Engineers. The interior felt smaller than my GS. Definitely visually smaller. Not enough to pass on the Car, thank God. But, anyone 250 + Lbs, I have to wonder.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, all I can say is that you simply don't know how to adjust the seat. You can think and say that you adjusted it all the way down and all the way back, but know this: you did not. You simply don't know how to adjust it.

No, you don't simply press "down" and press "back". It has been documented multiple times on the forums how to properly set the seat.

I am 6' 4" and 250 lbs. I fit perfectly, with room to spare. If you don't fit, it's your fault, not the car's.

So, instead of making this an argument, why don't you share with those on this Thread, who say they don't fit, your method of adjusting so that you do fit comfortably? That would be useful and productive.

Help some others out . . . .

Lastly, could this fit- don't fit issue, be in any way due to the different levels of interior trim?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Edit x2: It's people like you who made me nervous I wouldn't fit in the car after I ordered it sight-unseen. You want to know why I have an attitude here? Because it is angering that people like you, who have no clue how to adjust the seats, put out these blanket statements about tall people not being able to fit in the C7. To everyone out there who may be nervous because you're tall: DO NOT LISTEN to these people, like the OP of this thread, who will claim to not fit. They don't know what they're doing, and frankly most "local dealers" don't either.
Attention all tall people. You will most definately fit in a c7. You have speednets affirmation on this topic. No need to be nervous. Good night.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:04 PM
dmsick
Advanced

I'm 6'4" and am very comfortable in the car. I don't have any issues with head room. I've had trouble fitting in other sports cars but no trouble with the C7.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:10 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,303 Likes on 1,202 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
So, instead of making this an argument, why don't you share with those on this Thread, who say they don't fit, your method of adjusting so that you do fit comfortably? That would be useful and productive.

Help some others out . . . .

Get notified of new replies

To How does anybody over 6'3 and a wide build

Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dmsick
I'm 6'4" and am very comfortable in the car. I don't have any issues with head room. I've had trouble fitting in other sports cars but no trouble with the C7.

I'm 6'4" 230lbs

I fit fine also
Old 11-18-2013, 10:20 PM
romaja
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 6'2" 235lbs 35" inseam

I finally got to sit in the C7 at the dealer. I moved the seat fully forward, then all the way down, then fully aft. With the seat fully reclined ( which is not an extreme angle by any means ) I had 3 inches from the top of my head to the ceiling.

It felt more like a single seat wrap around cockpit to me. Everything was right were you need it to be, without feeling too cozy.

Also, the long doors made it easy to get in and out especially for long legged people.

Does anyone care to guess how much height a helmet adds?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Everybody has a different build. I'm 6'3 230-235 and fit great. In fact, I don't even have the seat the whole way back. FYI, I have a 34" inseam and wear a 46L jacket.

That's from the day I picked up the car. I actually have the seat a bit forward now, as I prefer to have my arms bent a bit without crowding the wheel.
S.

Quick Reply: How does anybody over 6'3 and a wide build