Sponsored by:

Prices falling fast on new C7's

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:53 PM
stevelischynsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$2k price reduction off of what......MSRP+5K or just off of MSRP?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 603 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Tell your buddy that buying a Porsche for the "status" is symptomtic of a very poor self image and significant insecurity. You don't validate yourself with a car. Tell your friend to get some counseling. It will be cheaper and have far better results.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You can do your own homework if you don't wanna believe that. Z06s can be had all day in the 40s. 40 or slightly less with some miles. You call "BS" on me? LOL! You obviously do not have a clue Pal! Do some reasearch before you make a fool of yourself again.
Yes, I did call "BS" on the statement you made, not on you. I do have more than a clue and I have done the research. I do not see $90k Z06's selling at $40k - as you claim, and now you've amplified to 'can be had all day at $40k'.

I reiterate, show us the examples of which you speak (excluding excessive mileage examples) - sales at $40k for Z06's which originally stickered at $90k ?

It's 'BS' or a figment of your imagination or whatever, as it isn't happening.

Respectfully, I believe the fool is the one who can not back up his boasts - not those who says, OK show us . . . .
Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Yes, I did call "BS" on the statement you made, not on you. I do have more than a clue and I have done the research. I do not see $90k Z06's selling at $40k - as you claim, and now you've amplified to 'can be had all day at $40k'.

I reiterate, show us the examples of which you speak (excluding excessive mileage examples) - sales at $40k for Z06's which originally stickered at $90k ?

It's 'BS' or a figment of your imagination or whatever, as it isn't happening.

Respectfully, I believe the fool is the one who can not back up his boasts - not those who says, OK show us . . . .
A new C6 Z06 for 40K?? Nope. If it was true, let us know... I'd trade-in my Camaro SS for it.

Heck, a new 2013 C6 GS recently sold for 50K.... it was discounted 15K off MSRP.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:24 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Tell your buddy that buying a Porsche for the "status" is symptomtic of a very poor self image and significant insecurity. You don't validate yourself with a car. Tell your friend to get some counseling. It will be cheaper and have far better results.
It's all relative. I'm sure some people look at me on the road and feel the same way about me and my Corvette. They feel perfectly content to drive their Hyundais and Hondas and feel I have a low self image and need a Corvette to validate myself. Like I said, it's all relative...
Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I got offered a free C7 with the purchase of a Volt..
Old 11-18-2013, 02:29 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I find it amusing to observe the crowd that gets upset that the car may be sold below MSRP and the other crowd that calls dealers "stealerships" when they charge over MSRP. They even blame GM for the price "gouging". What's going on in this world? Can no one be happy? If you have to pay a higher price to be one of the first, big deal. You probably get more enjoyment out of it for doing so and your fun starts NOW. If you're willing to wait 2 or 3 years when it's not a big deal anymore, just to save $5k, that's your choice.

I think GM did a great job with this roll out. They controlled the "price gouging" by stockpiling the cars in the BG parking lots as well as Nashville before the mass release. This gave an adequate supply around the country simultaneously, which kept prices in check and now we even see evidence of slight discounts. It's all in the plan.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:32 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only draw back of this is that it does start dimishing the value quicker than the norm but hey some lucky peeps will get to enjoy a beautiful new C7 for a great price. Its GM , nothing surprising.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by robvuk

I think GM did a great job with this roll out. They controlled the "price gouging" by stockpiling the cars in the BG parking lots as well as Nashville before the mass release. This gave an adequate supply around the country simultaneously, which kept prices in check and now we even see evidence of slight discounts. It's all in the plan.

^
GM has a plan ??!! Must be something all new for 2013 ??!!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:34 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope he's right since then I'll be willing to jump aboard the C7 train sooner, but isn't this OBSSSD guy known for trolling this board pretty frequently in the past?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:36 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
Was offered $2500 off by a local dealer I know yesterday

He said he thought they would be selling them at invoice by spring of 2014
Smart sales strategy by your dealer exhibited right there
Old 11-18-2013, 02:53 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

In for a Z06 Carbon for $40k. Hell, I'll take that AND my ordered Z51. I just sold my Grand Sport for $40k.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I find it amusing to observe the crowd that gets upset that the car may be sold below MSRP and the other crowd that calls dealers "stealerships" when they charge over MSRP. They even blame GM for the price "gouging". What's going on in this world? Can no one be happy? If you have to pay a higher price to be one of the first, big deal. You probably get more enjoyment out of it for doing so and your fun starts NOW. If you're willing to wait 2 or 3 years when it's not a big deal anymore, just to save $5k, that's your choice.
Bingo.
I bought my car for MSRP and it's worth it to me to have and enjoy it now rather than wait for them to be discounted down the road. I'd do the same thing again.
S.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
^
GM has a plan ??!! Must be something all new for 2013 ??!!
2013 was not a roll out year. The C5 and C6 roll outs experienced MSRP+ for a long time and people were constantly complaining about high markups.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:18 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

2013 was not a roll out year. The C5 and C6 roll outs experienced MSRP+ for a long time and people were constantly complaining about high markups.

^ I was attempting to make light of the situation- introduce a bit of humor into the Thread . . . . . apparently, not with success
Old 11-18-2013, 03:37 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The c7 like pretty much any car is going to depreciate a lot first few years unless there is some huge shortage of them which don't think there will be .If the were extremely limited production like dodge vipers they might hold up in value bit better.

Even high end cars like my 911 turbo and Mercedes SL drop huge first few years which is reason picked them up used not new. And many sports cars will have very low mileage on them. I did same thing picked up a 2008 z06 in like 2010 and saved a pretty huge amount of money over new price and it had under 10,000 miles on it.

I bought my z06 for 60k Canadian and sold it for 50k Canadian a few years later. Lost 10k not counting taxes. Not too bad I guess. Better than paying 100k up here and then trading selling it for 50. Buying new is going to cost you a lot. If you keep the car for like 8 years not so bad I guess and nice to order it exactly the way you want and know its absolutely mint.

c7 is a great car but its just a car. I am likely waiting a few years then pick up a couple year old c7 z06 or zr1. I was tempted to pick up a c6 for now again , only really sold my z06 because it was manual and was sick of manual cars. I looked at some c6 grand sports but they are usually 50 and up here but should drop more as more c7s come out and start hitting used market.

A 2008 or so base coupe or vert can be had for around 30k for loaded up one with pretty low mileage. That is also something might consider getting to tide me over for a few years till that z06 drops in price from depreciation.

Anyway its all pretty much supply and demand. Supply is pretty low on c7 right now especially z51 optioined ones so you could see them selling for MSRP or even over it for awhile. Supply will likely catch up to demand sometime next year and some will start to show up on the used market as well.

And don't really think GM is going to be hitting that much younger people with the c7. Sure its upgraded in just about every area and a beautiful car full of newest tech. But its still not that cheap. And its still only a two seater.
And even totally stripped ones are not really that cheap ,50 something is still quite a bit of money for a two seater sports car that may not be practical to drive year round. But the c7 is more affordable new than cars like Mercedes SL, R8,911 turbo, Ferrari, Lambo,Aston Martin, etc.

And will become a really good bang for the buck used.

Last edited by ALLANB; 11-18-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:01 PM
tambeng
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Bingo.
I bought my car for MSRP and it's worth it to me to have and enjoy it now rather than wait for them to be discounted down the road. I'd do the same thing again.
S.
Same here, gladly paid MSRP for my Z51 and no regret at all.

I traded it in my 2011 GS, in which OK, maybe in a year, I will get $3k off for a C7 Z51 but at that time my 2011 GS will also be valued less. So in short, it probably will even out. I might as well enjoy the C7 NOW.

Get notified of new replies

To Prices falling fast on new C7's

Old 11-18-2013, 04:04 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray
A new C6 Z06 for 40K?? Nope. If it was true, let us know... I'd trade-in my Camaro SS for it.

Heck, a new 2013 C6 GS recently sold for 50K.... it was discounted 15K off MSRP.
I think he was referring to used Z06's, low mileage Z's can be had for 40k, at the dealer auctions a clean 10 thousand mile Z goes for 32k, dealer then marks it up 8 grand, sorry its just true.
Most people who do research about a car before they buy it know that the lS7 has problems, which doesn't help its sales.
I don't know why people get so offended when prices on their cars drop, it happens to all cars, even more so to cars that are made in mass production.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:06 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I think you'll see $5k off MSRP on end of year 14' models because supply is going to continue to outstrip demand by a greater amount each month - especially through the winter when Corvette sales drop significantly every year

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Smart sales strategy by your dealer exhibited right there
He knew that I probably wasn't going to be interested but since my company and family buy a lot of cars there he wanted to offer just in case. I have no interest in buying a base coupe even with Z51 on it, but on the other hand if they offer an automatic equipped Z06 or ZR1 then I think I could overlook the Camaro rear-end and pull the trigger

Last edited by OBSSSD; 11-18-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:07 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
I think he was referring to used Z06's, low mileage Z's can be had for 40k, at the dealer auctions a clean 10 thousand mile Z goes for 32k, dealer then marks it up 8 grand, sorry its just true.
Most people who do research about a car before they buy it know that the lS7 has problems, which doesn't help its sales.
I don't know why people get so offended when prices on their cars drop, it happens to all cars, even more so to cars that are made in mass production.
^
It's not true - not with Z06's that were $90K MSRP cars with 10,000 miles on them - which is what was claimed.

Quick Reply: Prices falling fast on new C7's