Sponsored by:

MacMulkin -$2000

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
I have read a few people think discounting would be years away and I personally didn't think would be true. I personally thought we would be seeing deeper discounts in the spring.

There's money out there, look at all the iPhones, iPods, iPads, PS4's etc. flying out the door

As someone else said, $2k discount is nothing to these dealers. I got $2k off a ordered car back in September. Dealers still make a huge profit at $2k off.

Larger metropolitan will see prices hold strong at MSRP or over.

Here in VA dealers still had a 10K Market adjustment in September 2005 on the C6s. Hope to get invoice on my 2015 C7 Vert!
The C7 has been greatly anticipated for years. A 2 grand discount at or near the open of its sales run is pretty significant. Using the sales of $99 iphones at the Verizon store as a barometer of discretionary income as it would pertain to $70,000 Corvette sales is ridiculous.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:53 PM
dollarbill
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Patman
Even without the Z51 package the C7 is a very capable car and is most certainly not just a boulevard cruiser.

I personally have a hard time justifying the need for all the stuff in the Z51 package as I don't road race my Corvettes, I only drag race them, and only occasionally for fun.

And for most people the base model is also all they will really need. It ends up saving them money right off the bat with the lower price, and in the long run it saves them money as well since tires will cost less and oil changes will cost slightly less too (only needing 6 quarts of oil instead of 10 every time)

So to say GM should not sell these cars in base model form is silly, not everybody needs the Z51 package.

90% of corvette drivers will never max out the capability of the base C7. This is why Corvette made it an option and not standard equipment. It is also why they forecast 30% of buyers wanted the option on their new C7. With all that said most corvette drivers want their C7 to have more race car like capabilities and are willing to pay the small upgrade cost for the option. After all it is a low price for strong capability.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:23 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
The C7 has been greatly anticipated for years. A 2 grand discount at or near the open of its sales run is pretty significant. Using the sales of $99 iphones at the Verizon store as a barometer of discretionary income as it would pertain to $70,000 Corvette sales is ridiculous.
I don't think it's that significant. Dealer still makes a ton of money on this car that they don't even need to try to sell it. When they start selling at $500 over invoice or even invoice on a regular basis then I would say that's significant.

He stated: How many Americans are having luck finding a great paying full time job. How much discretionary income is out there?

All I was stating is that there's money out there. People can afford to spend silly money on these smart phones / tablets then it can't be all that bad. It also depends on the market you live in. Here in NoVA People are still spending money like it's being printed in their own basement.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:57 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dollarbill

90% of corvette drivers will never max out the capability of the base C7. This is why Corvette made it an option and not standard equipment. It is also why they forecast 30% of buyers wanted the option on their new C7. With all that said most corvette drivers want their C7 to have more race car like capabilities and are willing to pay the small upgrade cost for the option. After all it is a low price for strong capability.
Bullseye!

I previously met a couple who purchased a moderately loaded C7 who admittedly said they will never ever track it or even put the performance package to the test. They really only liked the Z51-specific wheels so they opted for the Z51 pkg anyway since it was so cheap. This was their third Corvette, upgrading every time a new gen is released, and they always keep it stock through their ownership.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
billsee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thespymaster
Most dealers can transfer from dealer to dealer for about $750-900 a car delivered
If you make your deal before the car leaves the factory you can have it delivered to any dealer you choose who will perform a "courtesy delivery" for you....a few hundred dollars.
Billsee
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

I don't think it's that significant. Dealer still makes a ton of money on this car that they don't even need to try to sell it. When they start selling at $500 over invoice or even invoice on a regular basis then I would say that's significant.

He stated: How many Americans are having luck finding a great paying full time job. How much discretionary income is out there?

All I was stating is that there's money out there. People can afford to spend silly money on these smart phones / tablets then it can't be all that bad. It also depends on the market you live in. Here in NoVA People are still spending money like it's being printed in their own basement.
So if a guy has 100 bucks for a phone or $500 for a tablet then it is reasonable to assume that he can also afford to buy a $70,000 sports car? Sure Dude, that all makes perfect sense!
Old 11-17-2013, 04:00 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Hats off to Tommy for leading the pack and offering $2K off! I purchased my 2010 C6 from Tommy and he was a total straight shooter. No hidden fees, no last minute additions to the bill. When I'm ready for a C7 (probably next year), I'll be back in Tommy's showroom. Thank goodness MacMulkin Chevrolet is only 85 miles from my doorstep!
Old 11-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Balthazar_B
Instructor

I have read a few people think discounting would be years away and I personally didn't think would be true. I personally thought we would be seeing deeper discounts in the spring.

There's money out there, look at all the iPhones, iPods, iPads, PS4's etc. flying out the door

As someone else said, $2k discount is nothing to these dealers. I got $2k off a ordered car back in September. Dealers still make a huge profit at $2k off.

Larger metropolitan will see prices hold strong at MSRP or over.

Here in VA dealers still had a 10K Market adjustment in September 2005 on the C6s. Hope to get invoice on my 2015 C7 Vert!
Ditto!
Old 11-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Balthazar_B
Instructor

Originally Posted by dollarbill

I think the appeal of the Z51 is mainly the MRC option as well as the wheels. Anyone who prices forged wheels will know it's a bargain if they were just going to swap them out anyway.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:13 PM
rkelon
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Great deal, we purchased one and are happy.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:21 PM
r1owner
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Discounts on convertibles already too...

This dealer also advertises 2K off coupes regularly...
Old 11-17-2013, 10:30 PM
gbgary
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
Looks like mainly stripped one's, No 3lt
2lt is hardly stripped.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:49 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
So if a guy has 100 bucks for a phone or $500 for a tablet then it is reasonable to assume that he can also afford to buy a $70,000 sports car? Sure Dude, that all makes perfect sense!
I'll quote again, READ:

And it's not a $100 phone, it's a $2000 phone with your monthly bill.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by billsee
If you make your deal before the car leaves the factory you can have it delivered to any dealer you choose who will perform a "courtesy delivery" for you....a few hundred dollars.
Billsee

I think it's actually up to your local dealer whether or not they will accept a courtesy delivery. The three Chevy dealers here in Las Vegas are still asking $5 -7500K over sticker, and they're happy to turn you away if you don't want to pay that. I would buy from Tommy when the discounts are better but I doubt I could get any of these local dealers to do the delivery. And if even if they did agree to it, I'm not sure what kind of attitude I'd run into or how well they would perform the necessary tasks.

I bought a 2006 vert for $500 under invoice and ordered a 2007 coupe at invoice from a local dealer, but these guys are way worse now. Most likely I'll end up buying from an out of state dealer within a 1 day driving area from me. I just don't see getting much of a deal or a courtesy delivery from any dealer in Las Vegas. Maybe after two or three years into the model run, but I'm not going to wait that long.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:26 AM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Damn, couldn't have waited until I sold my freaking '12 GS? Oh well. Can't say I didn't see it coming. Looks like I'm set to lose my proverbial a$$ on the GS. And no, I'm not moving to a C7. Hope everybody had a great weekend.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:19 AM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Drove their Saturday.Had to check out various interiors and ext. colors with different options.Great place to do that with their range of inventory.Seeing a few colors with the sun at different angles really changed my decision.Don't know how people ordered early without looking in person first?Tommy was bizzy,bizzy.Titles were switching hands.Plenty to see and looks like plenty INBOUND:Huge markdowns on the 427 WOW! Holy crap i just checked his inventory.They sold quit a few this weekend.I wonder why?
http://www.macmulkin.net/VehicleSear...ear=&maxPrice=

Last edited by DALE#3; 11-18-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:45 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
I think it's actually up to your local dealer whether or not they will accept a courtesy delivery. The three Chevy dealers here in Las Vegas are still asking $5 -7500K over sticker, and they're happy to turn you away if you don't want to pay that. I would buy from Tommy when the discounts are better but I doubt I could get any of these local dealers to do the delivery. And if even if they did agree to it, I'm not sure what kind of attitude I'd run into or how well they would perform the necessary tasks.

I bought a 2006 vert for $500 under invoice and ordered a 2007 coupe at invoice from a local dealer, but these guys are way worse now. Most likely I'll end up buying from an out of state dealer within a 1 day driving area from me. I just don't see getting much of a deal or a courtesy delivery from any dealer in Las Vegas. Maybe after two or three years into the model run, but I'm not going to wait that long.
You don't know until you ask. My June Z51 order was at $500 under msrp from MacMulkin and courtesy delivered to a local dealer for $200 (300 with a well deserved tip). They were excellent, service stayed open over two hours late to accommodate the pdi. That dealer had one at $10,000 over msrp on the floor and another on the truck with mine, both sold.

Get notified of new replies

To MacMulkin -$2000

Old 11-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

It's nice to see the price reduction especially heading into winter.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:17 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by JoesC5
What can I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even Thanksgiving, and a major player(#2 is Corvette sales) is already discounting $2,000. So much for prices holding at MSRP and above for the next two years. Barely made it for two months, much less for two years. LOL
And the discounts will get deeper from here on out. Dealers don't make money on cars not built because they are on constraint.

Last edited by MikeyTX; 11-18-2013 at 07:30 AM. Reason: sentance structure
Old 11-18-2013, 07:43 AM
asphaltrecycler
Instructor

If you look at the inventory pictures closely, especially the black one...Is that a C7 ragtop in the background?

As far as pricing...it becomes a slippery slope very quickly. Dave and Rick have done a tremendous job providing vehicles to the early adapters on this forum as well as others etc...All at a very handsome profit for the stores they work at..And please do not take that as a dig, that is what us or any successful sales guys do for a living!
From this point on, it is simple, pure economic market driven theory that will determine future selling prices of these vehicles. It would be a fools bet to think they will go up in price though...

Last edited by asphaltrecycler; 11-18-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: MacMulkin -$2000