Old 11-08-2013, 06:07 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default 5k discount on 3lt

New 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 3LT

Enlarge Photo Photo
Description
With its sculpted athletic exterior and driver-oriented cockpit, Stingray is a beautiful weapon against the ordinary. But its ingenious design is purpose-driven. A lightweight aluminum space frame replaces steel. Carbon-fiber and carbon-nano-composite structures reduce weight even further to achieve optimal handling and acceleration. Provocative, purposeful and sculpted for optimal performance, the Stingray coupe is low, light and lean. Increased downforce keeps the vehicle planted, while its functional exterior vents create a totally new breathing experience to reduce lift and minimize drag. The advanced ventilation systems help air flow from front to back, cooling critical components of the perfectly balanced powertrain. Illuminated by innovative digital features and intelligent driver controls, the Stingray cockpit is a stunning change from your typical interior scenery. An ingenious available color Head-Up Display complements the customizable dual display featuring two 8-inch screens. A sweeping freeform line spans the instrument panel and flawlessly carries over into the door trim and console. And every inch is imbued with a deep respect for authentic materials. Real aluminum. Available carbon fiber. Grade A leather hand-selected and crafted to adorn a new generation of elegance. Completely redesigned, the 6.2L V8 engine boasts up to an estimated 460hp, 465 lb.-ft. of torque, plus 0-60 times of 3.8 seconds. This is complemented with an all-new 7-speed transmission. Intelligent sensors anticipate gear selections and match engine speed for smooth transitions during both upshifts and downshifts. The MyLink system begins with a retractable 8-inch diagonal high-definition color touch-screen. Using steering wheel controls, hand gesture and voice recognition capabilities, you can talk and text hands-free, stream HD Radio and third-party music services like Pandora, plus access a broad range of functions including OnStar and available navigation.

Find It For Me Window Sticker Request More Information MSRP:
$66,130 Price:
$60,995 Savings:
$5,135 Exterior: Torch Red
Engine: 6.2L
Interior: Adrenaline Red
Model Code: 1YY07
MSRP: $66,130
Stock Number: 141091
Transmission: Automatic
VIN: 1G1YF2D78E5103805
Old 11-08-2013, 06:22 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

wonder if it sold for that; seems to be the one at Sands in AZ/
Old 11-08-2013, 07:17 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

here you go 5000 DISCOUNT

Last edited by lastcowboy; 11-08-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AORoads
wonder if it sold for that; seems to be the one at Sands in AZ/
i spend the winter mo's there and took my car in for oil change seen they had 2 now just one .

Last edited by lastcowboy; 11-08-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:58 AM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It is great to see that they are coming down already.
It did not take as long as I thought it would.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:05 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

There seem to be many C7s in dealer stock at this very early stage of the run. 60 or 70 thousand dollar toys will not be an easy sell going forward in a weak economy and a populace faced with staggering increases in health care expenses and taxes.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:14 AM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

That appears to be an Internet price (camera shot of a computer screen). Is there any proof they will or have sold the car for this price?

Many dealerships have sloppy web site software that erroneously applies discounts and incentives to the wrong cars. There was a rash of this a few weeks ago, with dealer web sites applying the 2013 Corvette incentives to 2014 inventory. When forum members called the dealerships they found out the discounts were an error.

If the discount is real, great, it means prices are starting to move. But it should be confirmed before the excitement grows too much.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,414 Likes on 14,037 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by drmustang
There seem to be many C7s in dealer stock at this very early stage of the run. 60 or 70 thousand dollar toys will not be an easy sell going forward in a weak economy and a populace faced with staggering increases in health care expenses and taxes.
I agree. Once the initial buying of those cars that were pre-ordered is done, things may slow down considerably. Lots of uncertainty in the economy right now. If that dealership is selling C7s at that discounted price, that's not a bad deal at all.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by adamsocb
That appears to be an Internet price (camera shot of a computer screen). Is there any proof they will or have sold the car for this price?

Many dealerships have sloppy web site software that erroneously applies discounts and incentives to the wrong cars. There was a rash of this a few weeks ago, with dealer web sites applying the 2013 Corvette incentives to 2014 inventory. When forum members called the dealerships they found out the discounts were an error.

If the discount is real, great, it means prices are starting to move. But it should be confirmed before the excitement grows too much.
Many dealerships also bait & switch.

That ad is enough to get interested buyers to show up at the dealer. Once they are there the chances that car is available for that price are literally 1 in 1000.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 AM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06

That ad is enough to get interested buyers to show up at the dealer. Once they are there the chances that car is available for that price are literally 1 in 1000.
Yes, and I saw on the news Walmart had a web glitch with $500+ items on sale for $8.99. Once the error was identified, the folks who ordered the falsely low priced items had their order cancelled.

Walmart did offer the folks who had their orders cancelled a $10.00 E-Gift card.

Bottom line: don't believe Internet, or even print advertised prices until the sale is done!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by sjohnson2615
It is great to see that they are coming down already.
It did not take as long as I thought it would.
I don't get why that is a good thing. It's not unless you just can't afford the car.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Cue State Farm TV ad....

"We all know they can't put anything on the internet, if it isn't true. "Where'd you hear that?"............. "The Internet...."
Old 11-08-2013, 11:03 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06

This. Last July, my dad found a 2013 427 with a few thousand mi on it for $49,995 on the internet. Since I've been toying with the idea of getting a mid life crisis for a bit, I said, " Too good to be true. Give em a call and I'll buy the car is it's for real, which it won't be". Oopsy. Price mistake. Real price was something like $67k.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:51 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

isn't it odd, lastc.? all the people who doubt the veracity of the ad, take the time to type their response. but not one has picked up the phone to call and ask if it's correct, or not.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:55 AM
rx4life
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ad not true

I called them and they wanted 10K over MSRP. Said ad was a mistake.....but they haven't changed it.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:12 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't believe the ad. It's most likely a mistake or just a bait and switch tactic to get buyers in the store. Prices will drop soon enough just as they always do once the hype has died down. I give it another 6 months. Just monitor the large volume dealers who have the lions share of allocations. They will be the first to feel the pinch when cars start piling up on their lots and they will make the "market adjustment" to move the cars.

Other dealers will eventually follow the lead of the big guys, but keep in mind some dealers will sit on mark-ups until the C8 comes out.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:27 PM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
I don't get why that is a good thing. It's not unless you just can't afford the car.
Well it is from the standpoint of supply has caught up with demand making the dealers easier to work with. You also get shorter wait times on orders and less dealers trying to charge over msrp. How is any of that not a good thing.
I don't buy into your thinking that $5000 more or less is going to make a new Corvette affordable or not. If you are that close, maybe you should be looking at something else.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by sjohnson2615
Well it is from the standpoint of supply has caught up with demand making the dealers easier to work with. You also get shorter wait times on orders and less dealers trying to charge over msrp. How is any of that not a good thing.
I don't buy into your thinking that $5000 more or less is going to make a new Corvette affordable or not. If you are that close, maybe you should be looking at something else.
I didn't say $5k makes it affordable, although I guess I can see where you took it that way.

"Dealers easier to work with" is code for "they will finally lower their price to a level that I'm okay with". They are all easy to deal with if you just pay their asking price.

The serious answer is that premium cars should not be sold based upon discounts. I'm not stupid, I know cars and have bought WAY more than my share, and I want to pay the lowest price possible. But I have paid full list several times in my life with no regrets. And I knew it was only a matter of time for the C7.

But price discounts is not good for the image of a premium brand. Ferrari, Porsche etc don't want the market for their sales becoming a matter of how big of a discount they give. It's just marketing 101.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:13 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
isn't it odd, lastc.? all the people who doubt the veracity of the ad, take the time to type their response. but not one has picked up the phone to call and ask if it's correct, or not.
If it was a 1LT I might. 3LT too rich for my blood.

Get notified of new replies

To 5k discount on 3lt

Quick Reply: 5k discount on 3lt