C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Order Stingray with Stinger Stripe on the hood or Add Stripe Later?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 AM
lucative
Instructor

Received 162 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Help! Order Stingray with Stinger Stripe on the hood or Add Stripe Later?

Hi Stingray Enthusiasts,

I like the look of the black stinger stripe on hood for the velocity yellow stingray.

Now, as far as resale value, should I order the stinger stripe with my stingray or should I add it later via aftermarket in case I need to remove it for a potential buyer who may prefer the standard looking hood without the stinger stripe?

Can I buy an aftermarket stinger stripe that can easily applied and also easily removed if need be? I think this would be my best bet? I am also thinking of applying yellow vinyl pinstripes to the black wheel rims.

Is there a vendor you can recommend to me that I may buy an aftermarket stinger stripe from?

Thank you so much for the benefit of your experience
Old 11-06-2013, 12:52 AM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

You can remove the factory stinger decal later if you want. It's not painted on the hood.

As for an aftermarket vendor, I am about to receive a sample from one to see how close their carbon flash matches what is already on the C7. I'll post results when I can compare the two if you like. They are a forum supporting vendor. Here's their C7 webpage:

http://www.vettefx.com/c7-stripes-1.html

And I'd say, "Go for it!" If you like it, then do it. It's your car so enjoy it.

Last edited by jagamajajaran; 11-06-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Dusty Starbucks
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on the fence for full stripes, factory versus maybe later. Nice thing about 'maybe later' is you may never because you like it and if you do it later it makes the car fresh again, to you. It's fun to change a car's look, be it wheels, stripes or other things, but if I knew I was sold on the stripe, the factory would probably be best. Like someone said, it can be removed.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

I like the stinger stripe

Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 912 Likes on 476 Posts
Tech Contributor

Get the vette fx metallic black stripe..it matches Carb flash perfectly...mine going on Friday.....as far as the 500 GM stinger, they claim it's paint over vinyl, blah, blah but on the premier edition it looks exactly like vinyl gloss....
Old 11-06-2013, 07:17 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

I'd order it.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:50 AM
onthebottom
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have ordered it, think it looks great
Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by lucative
Hi Stingray Enthusiasts,

I like the look of the black stinger stripe on hood for the velocity yellow stingray.

Now, as far as resale value, should I order the stinger stripe with my stingray or should I add it later via aftermarket in case I need to remove it for a potential buyer who may prefer the standard looking hood without the stinger stripe?

Can I buy an aftermarket stinger stripe that can easily applied and also easily removed if need be? I think this would be my best bet? I am also thinking of applying yellow vinyl pinstripes to the black wheel rims.

Is there a vendor you can recommend to me that I may buy an aftermarket stinger stripe from?

Cheaper from the factory unless you buy aftermarket.
z51vett
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
65vette396
Pro

Received 155 Likes on 119 Posts

If you want the full stripe look, order it with the car. If you like the hood stripe only, order it from vettefx. I have it and it's a good match for $175. Install is easy as you have an "edge" or hood line on all 4 sides. The full stripe kit would be a pain in the a** to get lined up and spaced correctly doing it yourself.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:57 PM
lucative
Instructor

Received 162 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm the OP. Thank you so much for your suggestiions! I went to the Vettefx website and he looks like a great option for me.

Did any of you by chance order the Vettefx Split Stinger Style Stripe? Do you like it? It looks sharp and unique to me. If you have one, any chance you can post a picture?

Again, thank you all for the benefit of your experience. You are a great bunch of enthusiasts!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM
676911vettes
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Stingray Enthusiasts,

I have the factory stinger stripe. It is not carbon flash and does not match my carbon fiber roof.
If the aftermarket stripe is carbon flash, it would probably look better.
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
I like the stinger stripe

That's Mine!!!!!

Be there Saturday to pick her up!!!!

Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Gr8ful
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I order the stringer strip from the dealer? How much.? Thanks o lot.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:08 PM
agapsdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm the OP. Thank you so much for your suggestiions! I went to the Vettefx website and he looks like a great option for me.

Did any of you by chance order the Vettefx Split Stinger Style Stripe? Do you like it? It looks sharp and unique to me. If you have one, any chance you can post a picture?

Again, thank you all for the benefit of your experience. You are a great bunch of enthusiasts!
I got the factory installed Stinger Stripe. It is Carbon Flash and really looks good with the Carbon Flash hood vent. It is a vinyl base stripe and can be removed later if you want.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM
ATOMICV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6MagRed

That's Mine!!!!!

Be there Saturday to pick her up!!!!

You will love that combo that is what I ordered with red interior, you won't be disappointed. Enjot

Get notified of new replies

To Help! Order Stingray with Stinger Stripe on the hood or Add Stripe Later?

Quick Reply: Help! Order Stingray with Stinger Stripe on the hood or Add Stripe Later?