Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sent to the penalty box?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sent to the penalty box?

Received the email below yesterday -- apparently I'm in Nashville. Is this actually an ongoing QC strategy as they said? ("standard procedures for a launch.") I'd hoped that Nashville was a temporary response to very early production problems. Maybe Mr. Talon can comment.

Also, any idea what "last week s shipment announcement" is about?

Thanks.

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding your 2014 Corvette Stingray order. We apologize for the delay in our response. We have received a large number of inquiries since last week s shipment announcement. We are working as hard as we can to provide the latest updates.

As of October 17, 2013, the status of Order Number ** is the following:

This vehicle has been produced and assigned Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) 5435. Please be aware that we have shipped a number of Corvettes to the national rail head in Nashville, TN, for a final quality review of each car prior to being shipped to dealers. This final review is part of our standard procedures for a launch.

As we indicated in the press release, we have built nearly 1000 Stingrays, and we are using facilities in Nashville to expedite the process. Once the review for each vehicle is completed, the vehicle will be shipped directly from Nashville to the dealer. We do not have an estimate we can share on the amount of time a particular vehicle will spend in Nashville.

Please understand our number one priority is to deliver the greatest, highest quality Corvette Stingray -- to every dealer, to every customer, every time.

We appreciate your patience and recognize the high amount of anticipation for the 2014 Corvette Stingray.

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
Old 11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Generic Canned response.

You are more than likely NOT in Nashville.

Note the say: As we indicated in the press release, we have built nearly 1000 Stingrays, and we are using facilities in Nashville to expedite the process.

They are over 6000 as we know.

Call GM Customer service or chat and ask them for a status update.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I guess the penalty is for holding. .
Old 11-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,235 Likes on 13,934 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Hopefully it is a standard reply GM sends and your car will be on its way to your dealer soon.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol
Delay of game?
Old 11-05-2013, 02:49 PM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 26112808
Maybe Mr. Talon can comment.
Hasn't happened yet.
No official (or semi-official like "Talon") truthful, acknowledgement of any of the problems, so, typical GM, sadly.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:05 PM
RichmondC7
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Corvette plant manager explained that there is not enough space in the BG plant to do "batch control" QA for all C7's, thus they have designated an area in their Nashville shipping hub for QA.

It is my personal belief, that one of the reasons some owners are getting cars with "paint patches" and other paint related QA issues is that i do not believe that there is any production painting available in Nashville, so they "do what they can" to touch up paint issues. Just a guess on my part, but if true, it might explain the seemingly casual approach the GM QA has taken to some paint related QA issues.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:22 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Well. First, that would be a canned response form letter (that clearly needs to be updated).

Your car is not likely in Nashville. You car was likely built on 10/28. The shipping company can hold a car for up to 10 days.

Send Kelly a PM from the Customer Service profile here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...-cust-svc.html

Give her your order number and your VIN number and she should be able to get you an idea of where your car sits.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by sprtplt
Hasn't happened yet.
No official (or semi-official like "Talon") truthful, acknowledgement of any of the problems, so, typical GM, sadly.
Wow, seriously? First, It's been 2.5 hours since the thread was posted. Had I not read it - the thread title gave no indication that an urgent response was needed. I only found it by accident. I don't read every post in every thread. I skim the headlines and see what peaks my curiosity.

Second, I work for a living and I visit the forum for fun and to help when I can(and it is becoming less and less fun), not the other way around.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Received the email below yesterday -- apparently I'm in Nashville. Is this actually an ongoing QC strategy as they said? ("standard procedures for a launch.") I'd hoped that Nashville was a temporary response to very early production problems. Maybe Mr. Talon can comment.

Also, any idea what "last week s shipment announcement" is about?

Thanks.

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding your 2014 Corvette Stingray order. We apologize for the delay in our response. We have received a large number of inquiries since last week s shipment announcement. We are working as hard as we can to provide the latest updates.

As of October 17, 2013, the status of Order Number ** is the following:

This vehicle has been produced and assigned Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) 5435. Please be aware that we have shipped a number of Corvettes to the national rail head in Nashville, TN, for a final quality review of each car prior to being shipped to dealers. This final review is part of our standard procedures for a launch.

As we indicated in the press release, we have built nearly 1000 Stingrays, and we are using facilities in Nashville to expedite the process. Once the review for each vehicle is completed, the vehicle will be shipped directly from Nashville to the dealer. We do not have an estimate we can share on the amount of time a particular vehicle will spend in Nashville.

Please understand our number one priority is to deliver the greatest, highest quality Corvette Stingray -- to every dealer, to every customer, every time.

We appreciate your patience and recognize the high amount of anticipation for the 2014 Corvette Stingray.

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
I received the same response back in late September, my car finally arrived 26th of Oct, the driver picked up all the vehicles he had on the truck in Lavonia MI at Roush Industries (Have transport slip showing that).

So who actually knows where yours is. I would just like to know what Roush Industries did with it.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 PM
MRREDDOG
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
Wow, seriously? First, It's been 2.5 hours since the thread was posted. Had I not read it - the thread title gave no indication that an urgent response was needed. I only found it by accident. I don't read every post in every thread. I skim the headlines and see what peaks my curiosity.

Second, I work for a living and I visit the forum for fun and to help when I can(and it is becoming less and less fun), not the other way around.
Fist off, Talon 90, I and probably most others DO appreciate everything you do and have done...THANK YOU...
Second, I think he was referring to the why some cars are going to Nashville??
I know you (Talon90) may or may not be able to answer that question, but please don't get discouraged, some people dont understand the good you do...

Last edited by MRREDDOG; 11-05-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol
ah, geez, that's not mine, officer.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by talon90
Well. First, that would be a canned response form letter (that clearly needs to be updated).

Your car is not likely in Nashville. You car was likely built on 10/28. The shipping company can hold a car for up to 10 days.

Send Kelly a PM from the Customer Service profile here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...-cust-svc.html

Give her your order number and your VIN number and she should be able to get you an idea of where your car sits.
Done. Thanks much for your advice.
Dave
Old 11-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for your advice. Kelly is a real asset and I hope she's appreciated as such. Dave

she said:

Hey Dave,

Tell Talon thank you from us!

I have that your C7 was produced on 10/28.

She is now at the Bowling Green plant awaiting transportation. She has been waiting for transportation since 10/29. She has been through her quality checks and is waiting for other regional Stingrays to travel with.

I hope that I have cleared up some of the confusion. They have been swamped in the email department and do use a template. I am sorry for that.

You are more than welcome to check back with me at the end of the week to see if she has shipped yet.

Congratulations on your, almost home, Stingray!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 PM
JRBurn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to your dealer about your status, I think there information is best. Just to give an example I asked yesterday just to see the info I would get, plus I’m anxious now for my ride!

My dealer, said it left BG late Friday night to my courtesy dealer

Kelly customer service here on the forum: showed it had been delivered to me 6000

Chevy Chat: said it was bayed in BG

Chevy FAQ: said it was currently being delivered to my dealer

So 3 different answers to the same question and my dealer gave the most current info, my car is arriving at the dealer on 11/07 Vin 4956

Last edited by JRBurn; 11-05-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:13 PM
USMCVETC7
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It amazes me that I can order a $20. Item from Amazon, have it sent to me by UPS for $5. and by the end of the first day, I can track it on-line without interacting with anyone. If Chevy wanted to they could do the same thing as a car entered production. A simple bar-code attached to the vehicle and then scanned as it went through each phase of production and transportation. Customer's orders could be checked as often as wanted without bothering anyone.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:58 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by USMCVETC7
It amazes me that I can order a $20. Item from Amazon, have it sent to me by UPS for $5. and by the end of the first day, I can track it on-line without interacting with anyone. If Chevy wanted to they could do the same thing as a car entered production. A simple bar-code attached to the vehicle and then scanned as it went through each phase of production and transportation. Customer's orders could be checked as often as wanted without bothering anyone.
While that is true, you are ordering a item that has NOT been built.

GM could have a better tracking system when I'm sure they are working on currently.

Get notified of new replies

To Sent to the penalty box?

Old 11-05-2013, 08:22 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Thanks for your advice. Kelly is a real asset and I hope she's appreciated as such. Dave

she said:

Hey Dave,

Tell Talon thank you from us!

I have that your C7 was produced on 10/28.

She is now at the Bowling Green plant awaiting transportation. She has been waiting for transportation since 10/29. She has been through her quality checks and is waiting for other regional Stingrays to travel with.

I hope that I have cleared up some of the confusion. They have been swamped in the email department and do use a template. I am sorry for that.

You are more than welcome to check back with me at the end of the week to see if she has shipped yet.

Congratulations on your, almost home, Stingray!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Just what I expected.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 PM
proexpert
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

so they send them to Nashville to verify the paint runs then ship to the stupid customer, good job GM. Why not actually do some QC, actually look at the car, look at the fit and finish, with your eyes closed, then ship it.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:35 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by proexpert
so they send them to Nashville to verify the paint runs then ship to the stupid customer, good job GM. Why not actually do some QC, actually look at the car, look at the fit and finish, with your eyes closed, then ship it.
Your point? If you had read the entire thread you would see that the OP's car is not, nor ever has been in Nashville. His car was built and waiting for transportation and all within the anticipated timeframe. It was a question and it was answered with an otherwise positive result.

Quick Reply: Sent to the penalty box?