C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My C7 impressions. For what it is worth.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Default My C7 impressions. For what it is worth.

I saw and sat in, my first C7. I have owned 18 Corvette's, from C4 ZR1's to my current C6. And I only say this because I am truly a die hard Corvette enthusiast. All I can say is WOW. The C7 looks so exotic. All the vents and scoops really fit into the design. The fit and finish on the C7 I saw was fantastic. No paint problems, etc. The rear IS a huge departure from previous models, and the comment from my 79 year old Dad was that the lights looked like a Camaro. For me personally, the rear end looks great. The angles give the rear a real exotic look. Now on to the interior. The C7 I sat in was a 2LT with the carbon fiber and painted roof. The interior is out of this world. The materials, and fit and finish are second to NONE. The cabin is a tad bit smaller, but I did not feel closed in at all.(5'10,190)The layout of the dash and controls are spot on. And the motorized screen is icing on the cake. Let's put this C6 vs C7 to rest once and for all. The C7 is HEAD and SHOULDERS better than the C6. I got back in my C6 and it was really disappointing to say the least. GM has FINALLY got the C7 to the level it should and could have been years ago. To end, I will say that a friend who owns an Aventador, a 458 Spyder, Cobra, LP640, and SL500 saw the C7 and could not believe the looks, fit, and finish for 65,000. He IS buying one! That says it all!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Well, I guess we can cut your dad some slack since he's 79. LOL
Old 11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
I saw and sat in, my first C7. I have owned 18 Corvette's, from C4 ZR1's to my current C6. And I only say this because I am truly a die hard Corvette enthusiast. All I can say is WOW. The C7 looks so exotic. All the vents and scoops really fit into the design. The fit and finish on the C7 I saw was fantastic. No paint problems, etc. The rear IS a huge departure from previous models, and the comment from my 79 year old Dad was that the lights looked like a Camaro. For me personally, the rear end looks great. The angles give the rear a real exotic look. Now on to the interior. The C7 I sat in was a 2LT with the carbon fiber and painted roof. The interior is out of this world. The materials, and fit and finish are second to NONE. The cabin is a tad bit smaller, but I did not feel closed in at all.(5'10,190)The layout of the dash and controls are spot on. And the motorized screen is icing on the cake. Let's put this C6 vs C7 to rest once and for all. The C7 is HEAD and SHOULDERS better than the C6. I got back in my C6 and it was really disappointing to say the least. GM has FINALLY got the C7 to the level it should and could have been years ago. To end, I will say that a friend who owns an Aventador, a 458 Spyder, Cobra, LP640, and SL500 saw the C7 and could not believe the looks, fit, and finish for 65,000. He IS buying one! That says it all!
to all your points above!

My father, now retired but still a huge car enthusiast and owned some nice P-cars during his younger years, also commented on the tail lights looking like a Camaro based on the magazine and web pics he saw... until he saw mine this past Friday. He was speechless... well one word- WOW! So he retracted... and said that GM did a marvelous job in totally redesigning & improving the Corvette.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:47 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Well, I guess we can cut your dad some slack since he's 79. LOL
Yeah, he's an old fart! But he LOVED the car.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:50 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

I had many of the same concerns and opinions but the car design has grown on me very quickly...you soon realize that the design people did a great job...and you also realize it was time for a change.

Get notified of new replies

To My C7 impressions. For what it is worth.

Quick Reply: My C7 impressions. For what it is worth.