C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone here getting the Hennessey HPE1000 upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:45 AM
c7luvr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone here getting the Hennessey HPE1000 upgrade?

This one: http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hptwtuup1.html

Just wondering. Seems like nobody else is offering 1000hp yet. Good to know that there's at least one tuner out there that we can trust (basically the car will definitely be in good hands) that's offering 1000hp!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by c7luvr

Just wondering. Seems like nobody else is offering 1000hp yet. Good to know that there's at least one tuner out there that we can trust (basically the car will definitely be in good hands) that's offering 1000hp!
Starting to wondering if you work for them or know someone there.

They do build some awesome cars but...

If I had "Hennessey" money, I wouldn't sent my car there. I'd pick one of the other Forum vendors to do my work for less and in a timely fashion knowing that it would come back completed with all my original parts still attached.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Go away, shill.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Shodanusmc
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

Stop it John, you are making yourself look bad. 1000 HP and perhaps it could make 3 runs before it blows.

Caveat Emptor
Old 11-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

From day 1 that you started posting on this board it has been all about gobbling Hennessey's member.

You are either a shill or a 16 year old that is obsessed.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:30 AM
scott76807
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I would take a hard look at the warranty

Old 11-04-2013, 10:50 AM
OddJob1971
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Really??

LMR 1000hp twin turbo
http://www.latemodelracecraft.com/corvette-c71000.html

LMR 1250hp Twin turbo
http://www.latemodelracecraft.com/corvette-c71250.html
Old 11-04-2013, 12:45 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scott76807
I would take a hard look at the warranty

Anyone can see our warranty at any time. You can call us at 979.885.1300, or email sales@hennesseyperformance.com

Originally Posted by Matt26
From day 1 that you started posting on this board it has been all about gobbling Hennessey's member.

You are either a shill or a 16 year old that is obsessed.

Trust me all of us on the sales team are more than annoyed at this guys posts. It's not someone in house, I would have shanked them by now.

Originally Posted by 949 C7
My friend sent his car to Hennessey 2 years ago for $25K work that was supposed to take no longer than 45 days. Car came back 6 months later and blew his motor after 75 miles on the road. Long story short he parted the car out, won a lawsuit, and still hasn't seen a dollar back because of some shady thing they did to avoid paying a judgement.

Good luck with all that.

That is quite an extraordinary claim. What upgrades did we sell for $25,000 that take two years to install?

What was your buddies name, what vehicle did he have? Pretty vague story here.

Tell me more, I'd love to hear your vague story that you'll refuse to go into detail on since it is nothing more than a story. I notice that your profile also shows absolutely no information on who you are, where you're from etc. Seems pretty legit.

Every time I stumble across a thread like this, I am always just disappointed in the amount of trolls, fake accounts, and people who repetitively post hearsay on this forum. It's bad how familiar the screenames become.

You can come by either of our shops at any time, and you can ask any of our real customers you see. Get out from under a rock and go to your local cars and coffee, our cars are there. Get out from behind your keyboard and go to your local track day, our cars are there too.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:24 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Didn't you or somebody at HPE Design, LLC d/b/a Hennessey Performance Engineering tell us a few months ago that this package leaves the factory warranty intact? If so, how do you manage that?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

^ Based upon the Post of Hennessey's Mike Peters, (#10 herein) it seems that the best service you could do for them is discontinue your posting 'on their behalf'. If you truly do admire the Hennessey offerings, you should be in touch with Mike Peters and inquire as to how you could be of value in promoting them. Your current method here is not having a good result.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:35 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Didn't you or somebody at HPE Design, LLC d/b/a Hennessey Performance Engineering tell us a few months ago that this package leaves the factory warranty intact? If so, how do you manage that?
If you have any questions you can call us as stated, we warranty all of our parts and anything we cause to fail, the GM parts that remain carry GM's warranty.

Customers that actually have our cars will vouch that we cover any issue that pops up, most often through your local GM retailer, on the incredibly few amount of cars that have an issue out of the 400ish we build on site, and that our authorized dealers build as well.

We wouldn't have as many dealers as we do if we didn't have this program either, call your closest 5 GM dealers if you live in a metro area. One of them probably sells our cars right off the lot.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:36 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
^ Based upon the Post of Hennessey's Mike Peters, (#10 herein) it seems that the best service you could do for them is discontinue your posting 'on their behalf'.

Your current method here is not having a good result.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:38 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MikePeters@Hennessey
Anyone can see our warranty at any time. You can call us at 979.885.1300, or email sales@hennesseyperformance.com
Here's your promise from earlier this year:

Originally Posted by MikePeters@Hennessey
All of our packages keep the factory warranty intact as well!

Obviously on some of them we replace all of GM's components, if its something you're really interested in feel free to call and ask us.

But according to http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hptwtuup1.html, it's "• 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty" with no mention of a factory warranty.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

Yes Holy Roller, we had a very detailed conversation on our warranty, if you go to the link where you pulled my post from, you will again see all of the information you wanted to know in the previous thread....or if you are interested in purchasing one of our products and want to know how the warranty would pertain to your build, you can call us, at 979.885.1300.

As you know I don't frequent the forums very much, so your best bet if you're truly interested is to give us a call. Our website also fails to mention that the car comes with an electric parking brake, windshield wipers, a radio, wheel bearings, oil, turn signal bulbs, electric motors in the seats. We understand that most customers would know that those components are left, and with the "Click here for more information or call 979.885.1300" prompt, most of our clients that are interested in buying our products fill out the form or give us a call.

Last edited by MikePeters@Hennessey; 11-04-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:59 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

The response is proportionate to the false claim you've laid out. I do apologize that you were not prepared to be called out on your lie. When I was a child I learned very quickly being caught in a lie is a truly awful place to be, especially in front of your online peers.

I bet you wouldn't even be willing to divulge the upgrades that he had signed up for. Since our pricing isn't listed online, when you come up with something I'll be happy to let you know the actual price on those guessed upgrades that probably won't be in the $25k neighborhood, or better yet just have your friend post his own story.

Too often I come across these 'stories' and it stems from a 4/5th hand story someone read on the internet. If I made a post like this I would expect the appropriate response from the company, or person being attacked, especially when I know that the company/person knows it isn't true as well.

Last edited by MikePeters@Hennessey; 11-04-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:10 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Locking this for the time being until I can sort everything out. He said, they said isn't getting it done.

Get notified of new replies

To Is anyone here getting the Hennessey HPE1000 upgrade?

Quick Reply: Is anyone here getting the Hennessey HPE1000 upgrade?