Considering color choices for my next C-7 convertible order

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 PM
rickriada
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
Default Considering color choices for my next C-7 convertible order

Does anyone have any photos of what a C-7 Laguna Blue convertible would look like with the black wheel package and the black top....and maybe black seats? If so, could they be posted to this thread? My order is in at my local dealer for a black top on a black convertible with the black wheels, red calipers and the 3 LT andraline red interior. I'm not so sure that black on blue would look "off" so I am of course curious about changing my color preferences before Chevy picks up the black car order sometime in the future. It is at order status 1100 for now. Thank you all!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I think the black top and interior will go well with Laguna Blue. The black wheels will complement the car's black trim. I would suggest black calipers if Z51, or standard gun metal color. Red calipers stand out and do not complement the overall blue/black theme. Blue, black, the red interior is to profound, it will stand out and overpower the look.

Last edited by Larry/car; 10-30-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

The new configuration on the Corvette website will show you the blue with a black top.
Don't know about wheels.
Looks good with the silver wheels (I checked that paint/top combination today).
Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 PM
rickriada
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Thank you for the input....I would order the Laguna Blue with the normal caliper color (I suppose it is either black or gray in color) though I would get the black wheels, black interior and black top knowing that the black trim pieces also complement the contrasted color combo. The last time I tried to build this car on the chevy website, it would not show the chosen configuration. This was about two weeks ago though. Maybe it now shows your color choice combos???
Old 10-30-2013, 08:08 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Yes, I think it went up today.
I don't care for black wheels so I did not check that.
I did opt for red or yellow calipers and those did show.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:11 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by rickriada
Thank you for the input....I would order the Laguna Blue with the normal caliper color (I suppose it is either black or gray in color) though I would get the black wheels, black interior and black top knowing that the black trim pieces also complement the contrasted color combo. The last time I tried to build this car on the chevy website, it would not show the chosen configuration. This was about two weeks ago though. Maybe it now shows your color choice combos???
Red calipers look really nice against blue:

Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 PM
RickMN
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

See this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...re-thread.html

In a convertible, its important to remember the top will be up much of the time. I think the blue with black wheels and black top will look really sharp. I was considering the dark blue (Night Race Blue) with black wheels and black top, but it was a bit too subdued. I went with Crystal Red, Black Wheels, Black Top, Black Interior (hoping to get a TPW soon!).

The built it site won't show them, but the detailed order sheets list available choices for the top color which I think are Black, Blue, Kalahari, and Gray.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RickMN
See this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...re-thread.html

In a convertible, its important to remember the top will be up much of the time. I think the blue with black wheels and black top will look really sharp. I was considering the dark blue (Night Race Blue) with black wheels and black top, but it was a bit too subdued. I went with Crystal Red, Black Wheels, Black Top, Black Interior (hoping to get a TPW soon!).

The built it site won't show them, but the detailed order sheets list available choices for the top color which I think are Black, Blue, Kalahari, and Gray.

^ The OP is in Tampa Florida, so perhaps that won't hold true there ???
Old 10-30-2013, 09:14 PM
RickMN
Racer

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
^ The OP is in Tampa Florida, so perhaps that won't hold true there ???
True, here in MN the top on my DD is up most days this time of year. But last I was in Florida, it rained nearly every day.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RickMN
True, here in MN the top on my DD is up most days this time of year. But last I was in Florida, it rained nearly every day.

^ That sucks - hopefully it was just the Florida brief afternoon thunder storms, and not all day rains . . .
Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 PM
ontcanuck
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 58 Posts

Don't care myself what colour the top is since its down 90% of the time and I live in Canada
Old 10-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Outlaw7
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Other than the fact that the top color usually is reflected in the interior, I could not care less about it. I've had my red C6 for three years and the top has only been up for one week when it was in the body shop. The top has never been up on the silver one. My previous car was a Boxster which I had for five years. The top was raised for one week when I took a trip north at Christmas. BTW, the top looked brand new when I sold it.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:20 AM
RickMN
Racer

Wow - didn't mean to derail the thread. I will restate as "IF the top will be up most of the time, then you should consider the top color in your color choice".

Get notified of new replies

To Considering color choices for my next C-7 convertible order

Quick Reply: Considering color choices for my next C-7 convertible order