Sponsored by:

Pfadt C7 Headers really SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Br0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
can you tell us what kind in changes of mixture in terms of lambda with a stock tune from stock manifold to your header?
(looking to see if it can be run on the stock tune and how much of an impact will they make to stock values)

also what type of variance from cylinder to cylinder in terms of percentage as far as temp and A/F?

BTW looks like a great product for a great price!

Almost completely confident that running these with an intake alone and no tune will lean you out beyond what the stock tune's values can handle.

This has been the case on every platform I have ever worked with (adding intake and LT headers or test pipes), but with that being said, the vette's stock tune may have wide parameters...I just doubt it.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:05 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

What kind of effects does this have on mpg's?

I have never used aftermarket headers before. All I know is my supercharger destroyed the mileage on my Mustang hahaha!!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Br0
Instructor

^ Worse, but negligible.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Br0
Almost completely confident that running these with an intake alone and no tune will lean you out beyond what the stock tune's values can handle.

This has been the case on every platform I have ever worked with (adding intake and LT headers or test pipes), but with that being said, the vette's stock tune may have wide parameters...I just doubt it.
The nice thing about the Pfadt package is that he provides the tune with the headers, and it seems to be effective in another thread.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:50 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Br0
^ Worse, but negligible.
I thought that you typically increased mpg's with exhaust and intake mods, correct?

They are essentially making the engine breathe more efficiently.

In a WOT scenario, that would most likely change in a negative direction, but at cruising speed I can't imagine it would have a negative impact, and in fact it makes sense to have a positive impact on fuel efficiency.

I know with my Mustang, when I did the standard CAI and full exhaust, I picked up about 40whp at peak and increased mpg's by about 2 on the freeway.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Br0
Instructor

Originally Posted by C7pimp
I thought that you typically increased mpg's with exhaust and intake mods, correct?

They are essentially making the engine breathe more efficiently.

In a WOT scenario, that would most likely change in a negative direction, but at cruising speed I can't imagine it would have a negative impact, and in fact it makes sense to have a positive impact on fuel efficiency.

I know with my Mustang, when I did the standard CAI and full exhaust, I picked up about 40whp at peak and increased mpg's by about 2 on the freeway.
Full exhaust without test pipes or LT headers does nothing, performance or fuel mileage. The choke point is the cats.

A debatable subject which varies, and depends on quite a few factors. The headers alone will do little to nothing. The tune will make all the difference, not the bolt-ons alone. The stock ecu can adjust only so much within set parameters, which are normally pretty narrow.

With full exhaust from headers to tips, a CAI, and a tune set for MPG efficiency, you will still see a negligible change in MPG. This is my experience anyway.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
Will it void the warranty?
It could.

Originally Posted by Xplosive Performance
That is the age old question under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which is enforced by the FTC
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act was enacted by Congress back in 1975 to ensure that consumers are protected from misleading warranties being offered by manufacturers. The act does not require that companies offer warranties, but only regulates how the warranties are disclosed to the public if they are offered.
During the development of Magnuson Moss, Congress was concerned that companies would deceive consumers by telling them they must use a parts offered by the manufacturer in order to maintain their product’s warranty. that the non-OE part caused the failure.A provision was included to the act that prohibited the conditioning of a warranty on the use of any of the manufacturer’s parts or services needed to maintain the product. Under interpretations by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the only way that a warranty could be denied based on the use of a non-original equipment part would be for that non-OE part to have caused the failure. Further, the onus is on the manufacturer of the product to prove that the non-OE part caused the failure.
The MM says that they can't for having the part installed unless it contributed to the failure.

Headers add power. If your engine / trans or rear end decides to blow up they can say that those components were not designed to add the additional power.

I love it when I see everyone throw around the MM like it means that they can't deny your warranty claim.

Can you guarantee that they will not deny any warranty claim due to "normal use" with this product?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:32 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
It could.

The MM says that they can't for having the part installed unless it contributed to the failure.

Headers add power. If your engine / trans or rear end decides to blow up they can say that those components were not designed to add the additional power.

I love it when I see everyone throw around the MM like it means that they can't deny your warranty claim.

Can you guarantee that they will not deny any warranty claim due to "normal use" with this product?
Again as i said ealier thats the age old issue. There are 2 guarantees in life death and taxes. So with your premise then they can use the same arguement about changing the air filter to a aftermarket that claims better flow and increased HP and thats the basis of MM.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS WHAT YOUR DEALER WANTS TO DO AND WHAT THE FAILURE IS.

Last edited by Xplosive Performance; 10-31-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:00 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Old 11-01-2013, 09:22 AM
CJJ
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zerski
Also interested to know this
I would like to know as well. But 99% sure it will. We all know a tune will void it.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by CJJ
I would like to know as well. But 99% sure it will. We all know a tune will void it.
The only way to know and the best place to go is to your Service Advisor and talk to him. We have seen Corvette's and 5th Gen Camaro's that have installed performance parts (including superchargers) that had warranty issues and the dealer took care of it. We have a couple 5th Gen Camaro's with Superchargers (600 RWHP) and rear main seal issues covered under warranty, axles that broke covered. Build a relationship with your advisor. as stated earlier two guarentee's in life thats it.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Pfadt Tri-Y VS. 4-1
What’s the difference between Pfadt Tri-Y headers and the traditional 4-1 headers made by the competition? Let’s put it into layman’s terms. A traditional header is essentially a giant barn door for each cylinder. The cylinder fires and belches out exhaust through the largest possible hole. This is the extent of 4-1 header technology and, with this technology, your only option to increase exhaust flow is to buy a larger diameter header to get that exhaust gas out. Going larger diameter tubes raises the torque curve higher up into the RPM range
Now a Pfadt Tri-Y header is also a giant barn door, except our headers act as if you have a 747 Jumbo Jet firing up its engine on the other side of your barn door, essentially sucking out all that exhaust gas for you as well as a few bales of hay and the farmer’s daughter. Our Tri-Y headers speed up the exhaust flow out of the engine allowing you to bring more air in, therefore creating massive horsepower gains.

How Do Pfadt Tri-Y Headers Work?
There are a lot of engineering explanations and math and other calculations that go into our headers, but let’s keep it simple and focus on the concept of scavenging. Pfadt Tri-Y headers are set up to overlap pairs of cylinders, merging 4 pairs of cylinders BEFORE they meet up together in the crossover pipe. Cylinder A releases a high-pressure exhaust pulse which causes increased low-pressure in cylinder B's exhaust primary, whisking away the exhaust remnants in that pipe. This is scavenging. By coordinating these pulses and inducing scavenging, one cylinder actually helps suck the spent exhaust fumes away from its partner cylinder. Then the cylinders switch roles, and then they switch again and again with every spark, to produce an extraordinary acceleration of the exhaust evacuation.

What about Wave Crashing?
Our Pfadt Tri-Y headers also eliminate wave crashes that are problematic in traditional 4-1 headers. When you have 4 outlets feeding into one pipe you are sure to get a crash - there’s just not enough room to expel the exhaust waves when the exhaust gasses merge. They only have two ways to go - away from the engine or back towards it, and the exhaust that goes back towards the engine is now disrupting the next fire, and the next fire, and so on and so forth. You can see these wave crashes, or dips, on many Dyno charts – there just isn’t a consistent vertical curve. Pfadt Tri-Y headers provide “Dip-Free” power. Since we have eliminated Wave Crashing you have a consistent, dip-free, torque curve at your disposal at every RPM.

Why Are They Called Tri-Y?
The reason they are called Tri-Y is because we take two cylinders and pair them into a Y formation (1st Y) and we do the same with the second pair of cylinders (2nd Y). Then we take those two pairs and pair them into a final Y and the final Y actually does the same thing the first two Y’s do, it sucks the paired exhausts on through your exhaust system.

Pfadt Tri-Y Specifications
  • TRI-Y Design, 4-2-1 tube merging
  • Makes much more torque under the curve, while still increasing top end HP
  • 1.875/2.125" tube diameter
  • CNC flanges with OEM locating features
  • Fully hand-TIG welded on-site
  • T-304 16 Gauge Stainless Steel
  • Fully Brushed Stainless Steel Finish
  • V-Band Clamp connections
  • Equal length long tubes
  • 1-piece X-Pipe available with and without Catalytic Converters
  • Full 3" collector and X-pipe
  • Comes with bullet-nosed flange bolts for installation
  • O2 Sensor extenders below
  • Cometic Multi-Layer Steel gasket upgrades below
  • Exhaust system with Cats is 24lbs lighter than factory
  • Exhaust system without Cats is 27lbs lighter than factory.
  • Made in USA
$1999.00
INSTALLED

PM CALL
FOR DELIVERED PRICE
Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 AM
brokenparts
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I didnt read the whole thread but I want to say something

Terms like vacuum and pulse (positive pressure) are relative to each other. You dont need a true vacuum (below atmospheric pressure) to create a "vacuum" Any time you have a lower pressure acting on a higher pressure, you in essence, have a vacuum. I can totally understand PFADTS explanation behind their product but I still have a few questions.

How will these headers work with bigger heads and cams? Boost? Is there a situation that you can create with aftermarket parts that will put these headers out of their element? I do not have a degree in fluid dynamics so please help me understand. What happens when you try to push a bigger exhaust pulse through these headers?
Old 11-21-2013, 07:43 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Started on Monday November 18, 2013 We have launched our
XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance Customers Reward Point Program

Reward Point Program Explanation & FAQ

What is the Reward Point Program?

To thank you all for your continued support and to offer you future incentives we would like to give you something back, this is why we have launched our great
XP Motorsports Customers Reward Point Program.
Our Customers Reward Point Program is as simple as it sounds.

While shopping at XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance you will earn Reward Points for the money you spent. Once earned, you will be able to use those points to pay for future purchases at XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance.

How does the Program work?

When you place an online order, the total amount of the order will be used to calculate the amount of points earned. These points are added to your Rewards Points account. For every ($1) Dollar you spend you will earn ($0.10) for future purchases. All reward points are listed in your account and will stay there until used by you.
Ready for you to spend on whatever you want.

Reward points will expire after two (2) years but can be accumulated during that time until you decide to use them.

You must login to your account in order to view the status of your points. During the checkout process you'll be able to pay for your order with your rewards points balance.
Points and Values

For every $1.00 spent at XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance you will earn .10 point.
For example:

Buy a set of Pads for $301.00 = 30 Reward Points.
Each product will have a Reward point valve. Along with the add to cart box you can elect to pay for your next purchase with your Reward Points

Redeeming Shopping Points
If you have a balance in your Rewards Points Account, you can use those points to pay for purchases made at XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance. On your next purchase you can check the [Redeem this Item for (x) points]. You can then redeem your reward points. Once confirmed your order will be shipped, your Rewards Point account will be updated and the points used will be deducted from your balance
Old 11-21-2013, 12:17 PM
yuri_Stingray
Advanced

Originally Posted by Br0
Full exhaust without test pipes or LT headers does nothing, performance or fuel mileage. The choke point is the cats.

A debatable subject which varies, and depends on quite a few factors. The headers alone will do little to nothing. The tune will make all the difference, not the bolt-ons alone. The stock ecu can adjust only so much within set parameters, which are normally pretty narrow.

With full exhaust from headers to tips, a CAI, and a tune set for MPG efficiency, you will still see a negligible change in MPG. This is my experience anyway.
I am considering switching to cats. I can update on how much, if any, HP I lost by doing so. Probably won't be for 2-3 weeks though
Old 11-26-2013, 06:19 PM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

To thank you all for your continued support and to offer you future incentives we would like to give you something back, this is why we have launched our great

While shopping at XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance you will earn Reward Points for the money you spent. Once earned, you will be able to use those points to pay for future purchases at XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance.

When you place an online order, the total amount of the order will be used to calculate the amount of points earned. These points are added to your Rewards Points account. For every ($1) Dollar you spend you will earn ($0.10) for future purchases. All reward points are listed in your account and will stay there until used by you.

Reward points will expire after two (2) years but can be accumulated during that time until you decide to use them.

You must login to your account in order to view the status of your points. During the checkout process you'll be able to pay for your order with your rewards points balance.
Points and Values

For every $1.00 spent at XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance you will earn .10 point.
For example:

Each product will have a Reward point valve. Along with the add to cart box you can elect to pay for your next purchase with your Reward Points

If you have a balance in your Rewards Points Account, you can use those points to pay for purchases made at XP Motorsports/Xplosive Performance. On your next purchase you can check the [Redeem this Item for (x) points]. You can then redeem your reward points. Once confirmed your order will be shipped, your Rewards Point account will be updated and the points used will be deducted from your balance
Old 11-29-2013, 08:22 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Starting Friday 11/29/13
Ending Monday 12-2-13

Black Friday-Cyber Monday

Store wide saving on all major manufactures.
You Must
Call our toll free Number
or
PM
Save 5%,10%,15% even 20%
the more you spend
the more you save!
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
ONLY

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt C7 Headers really SUCK

Old 12-01-2013, 07:58 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Points and Values

For example:

Old 12-03-2013, 04:48 PM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Let me try to explain it this way traditional headers (4 into 1 with or without merge spikes or power spike) have one purpose and that is to get exhaust out of the engine. Our competitors headers do just that. But what separates us from them, is our headers don’t just let the exhaust fumes flow out at a leisurely pace, our headers forcefully suck the exhaust out like a demonic vacuum. This speeds up the combustion process allowing you to draw more air and fuel into the engine while sucking that exhaust out faster, resulting in more horsepower as well as keeping a consistent “Dip-Free” torque curve. Pair this technology with the highest precision welds, aircraft-grade stainless steel and Made in USA pride, and you have the finest Corvette headers on the market. Pfadt Tri-Y headers have been meticulously designed by our engineers to give you the most consistent “Dip-Free” tire shredding power.
It took 292 Engine Dyno tests to get Pfadt Tri-Y headers absolutely perfect, and that is why people choose ours over traditional 4-1 headers made by the competition—because Pfadt Tri-Y headers are the quickest, most efficient, most balanced headers on the market, with a consistent power curve across your RPM range.
Think of Pfadt Tri-Y headers as multiple HOV lanes in rush hour traffic. Think of traditional 4-1 headers as four fast lanes of traffic merging into a one-lane tunnel. Now which one gets you home faster? Since we don’t have the wave crashing of 4-1 headers, you won’t see any dips on your torque curve, which means you have full power at your foot when you need it most.
And that’s why you need Pfadt Tri-Y headers for your C5/C6/C7 Corvette. Because, with Pfadt Tri-Y headers, you have the most horsepower at your disposal at all times.

Pfadt Tri-Y VS. 4-1
What’s the difference between Pfadt Tri-Y headers and the traditional 4-1 headers made by the competition? Let’s put it into layman’s terms. A traditional header is essentially a giant barn door for each cylinder. The cylinder fires and belches out exhaust through the largest possible hole. This is the extent of 4-1 header technology and, with this technology, your only option to increase exhaust flow is to buy a larger diameter header to get that exhaust gas out. Going larger diameter tubes raises the torque curve higher up into the RPM range
Now a Pfadt Tri-Y header is also a giant barn door, except our headers act as if you have a 747 Jumbo Jet firing up its engine on the other side of your barn door, essentially sucking out all that exhaust gas for you as well as a few bales of hay and the farmer’s daughter. Our Tri-Y headers speed up the exhaust flow out of the engine allowing you to bring more air in, therefore creating massive horsepower gains.

How Do Pfadt Tri-Y Headers Work?
There are a lot of engineering explanations and math and other calculations that go into our headers, but let’s keep it simple and focus on the concept of scavenging. Pfadt Tri-Y headers are set up to overlap pairs of cylinders, merging 4 pairs of cylinders BEFORE they meet up together in the crossover pipe. Cylinder A releases a high-pressure exhaust pulse which causes increased low-pressure in cylinder B's exhaust primary, whisking away the exhaust remnants in that pipe. This is scavenging. By coordinating these pulses and inducing scavenging, one cylinder actually helps suck the spent exhaust fumes away from its partner cylinder. Then the cylinders switch roles, and then they switch again and again with every spark, to produce an extraordinary acceleration of the exhaust evacuation.

What about Wave Crashing?
Our Pfadt Tri-Y headers also eliminate wave crashes that are problematic in traditional 4-1 headers. When you have 4 outlets feeding into one pipe you are sure to get a crash - there’s just not enough room to expel the exhaust waves when the exhaust gasses merge. They only have two ways to go - away from the engine or back towards it, and the exhaust that goes back towards the engine is now disrupting the next fire, and the next fire, and so on and so forth. You can see these wave crashes, or dips, on many Dyno charts – there just isn’t a consistent vertical curve. Pfadt Tri-Y headers provide “Dip-Free” power. Since we have eliminated Wave Crashing you have a consistent, dip-free, torque curve at your disposal at every RPM.

Why Are They Called Tri-Y?
The reason they are called Tri-Y is because we take two cylinders and pair them into a Y formation (1st Y) and we do the same with the second pair of cylinders (2nd Y). Then we take those two pairs and pair them into a final Y and the final Y actually does the same thing the first two Y’s do, it sucks the paired exhausts on through your exhaust system.

Pfadt Tri-Y Specifications
  • TRI-Y Design, 4-2-1 tube merging
  • Makes much more torque under the curve, while still increasing top end HP
  • 1.875/2.125" tube diameter
  • CNC flanges with OEM locating features
  • Fully hand-TIG welded on-site
  • T-304 16 Gauge Stainless Steel
  • Fully Brushed Stainless Steel Finish
  • V-Band Clamp connections
  • Equal length long tubes
  • 1-piece X-Pipe available with and without Catalytic Converters
  • Full 3" collector and X-pipe
  • Comes with bullet-nosed flange bolts for installation
  • O2 Sensor extenders below
  • Cometic Multi-Layer Steel gasket upgrades below
  • Exhaust system with Cats is 24lbs lighter than factory
  • Exhaust system without Cats is 27lbs lighter than factory.
  • Made in USA
$1999.00
INSTALLED
PM CALL
Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

EARN YOUR REWARD POINTS FOR FUTURE PURCHASES EARN $1.00 for every $10.00 Spent
ORDER ON LINE AND SCHEDULE YOUR INSTALL

Join us on Facebook