C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Velocity Yellow Tintcoat ... Interior Color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Cryokid
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity Yellow Tintcoat ... Interior Color?

OK, so I've put a deposit down on a new C7 3LT Z51 Convertible. Dealer tells me I should be able to order it the end of December for a mid spring delivery

Here's my dilemma. I'm planning on moving to Arizona shortly after I get the car so I am concerned about having anything with dark colors, especially the interior. My current car is Artic White with a saddle interior that I like very much, but I really would like a change after more than 6 years. So I was thinking I'd go with the Velocity Yellow Tintcoat. It seems that most of the yellow C7 pictures have a black interior with black top with isn't going to cut it for me. Has anyone seen a Velocity Yellow with either a Kalahari or Brownstone interior? Also I understand that there is a Kalahari convertible top available. I have also seen a picture with an Adrenaline Red interior. Any comments, suggestions or especially pictures would be appreciated.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:31 AM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I am from the Midwest. In the past, I have spent some time, back and forth, in Az during the Winter months. I was told the usual colors in the heat are White and Silver. I dont know about Yellow. A couple of weeks ago I saw a Brownstone Interior. It was fantastic. A very rich looking interior. I just dont know which exterior colors Brownstone would go good with. I saw it on the Laguna Blue and I didnt much care for that. Good luck with whatever you decide on...
Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 AM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Get whatever interior color you want (I vote black). Then get the windows tinted with some high end tint film that has the ceramic UV block (blocks out 96% of UV radiation from sun). Huper Optic brand comes to mind.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 AM
BIg Wash AZ
Racer

Default not your other brother daryl

I live in the lower Sonoran Desert of S AZ. It isn't any different than any other place in the USA. Save we have no winter weather. Which is why we moved here. People buy cars with every conceivable color combination. Just like in Sheboygan. The right choice is a convertible. You can have the top down 350 days a year. Not just like in Sheboygan.

Several years ago, guys at a local Ford dealer did an car interior heat experiment. They used a line of new Ford Explorers on the lot. A wireless bbq smoker temp probe was hung from the inside rear view mirror of 9 cars 6 paint colors. Five cloth interiors 4 were leather. All the cars had been sitting in full sun. At 2 pm, the ambient temperature was 108. The inside temperature was within 3 degrees among the cars. A statistical non event for color exterior or interior.

Buy what suits your eye. I will tell you with absolute certainty, in the summer when it is hot, black interior or tan interior, it will be blazing when you first get in your car. Which is why you buy one with A/C. Five minutes later you won't know the difference. What you will notice is your utter lack of need for a windshield ice scraper. And that is muy bueno.

Last edited by BIg Wash AZ; 10-27-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:05 AM
cporteraz
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

In the summer, its so hot it really doesnt matter what color the interior is- it will be very hot inside the car.

Id buy whatever color you like.

I can tell you the greatest thing to come along is remote start (requires the automatic I know)

Hit that baby and let the AC do its job. You climb in and go.

But its very nice 7 months out of the year so just buy the color you want.

Get notified of new replies

To Velocity Yellow Tintcoat ... Interior Color?

Quick Reply: Velocity Yellow Tintcoat ... Interior Color?