C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible production in two weeks? Probably...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Rich427
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by G200 Pilot
Hey guys, just a heads up. I was reminded by Rick Conti, to make sure and sign up on line for the buyers tour/album. It has to be outside of a 10 day window, otherwise, they may not be able to fit us in. Done!!
Not going to be able to do both the museum delivery and the buyers tour. Only one trip to BG in my schedule. That's why we drafted you to be the eyes for the rest of us!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:55 PM
G200 Pilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich427
Not going to be able to do both the museum delivery and the buyers tour. Only one trip to BG in my schedule. That's why we drafted you to be the eyes for the rest of us!
I'll do my best!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:22 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

I ordered my vert on October 5. Last I heard my order was accepted by Chevrolet. But I ordered Z51 and comp seats. I wonder when my order will be ready for delivery. My salesman called me last night to try to talk me out of comp seats, saying I would get my car faster that way but I said no dice, I want my comp seats. Anyone have any idea? Looks like there is room for 12 cars to go through with comp seats. Has anyone else ordered their vert with comp seats on this thread?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Rich427
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CandyVette
I ordered my vert on October 5. Last I heard my order was accepted by Chevrolet. But I ordered Z51 and comp seats. I wonder when my order will be ready for delivery. My salesman called me last night to try to talk me out of comp seats, saying I would get my car faster that way but I said no dice, I want my comp seats. Anyone have any idea? Looks like there is room for 12 cars to go through with comp seats. Has anyone else ordered their vert with comp seats on this thread?
You really need to talk to your dealer. Even though your order was submitted if your dealer did not get an allocation that included the options you want (z51 and comp seats) that he has assigned to your order it will sit at code 1100 until that happens. Without that information, only your dealer can tell you when your order will make it into the production cycle.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:32 AM
rszane
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by CandyVette
Has anyone else ordered their vert with comp seats on this thread?
I ordered my Z51 vert with comp seats but when allocated the first week in September the comp seats were the only constraint. My dealer said that if I wanted the car this year, I should change to the GT seats (I did). My order has been at 3000 since then. I'm hoping to get to 3300 status soon as a number of verts have seen in the past few days.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Eagle3sh
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rszane
I ordered my Z51 vert with comp seats but when allocated the first week in September the comp seats were the only constraint. My dealer said that if I wanted the car this year, I should change to the GT seats (I did). My order has been at 3000 since then. I'm hoping to get to 3300 status soon as a number of verts have seen in the past few days.
If you are at 3000 with the vert then I assume the move to 3300 will come within the next few weeks.
We are all thinking the verts will hit the line sometime next week. So once all the current 3300 verts start production your group will not be too far behind. There will not be anywhere near as many verts as coupes so the wait should be a lot shorter. All the current 3300 verts have been in the order system since the beginning of order acceptance by Chevrolet. FYI - I placed my order in May with a dealer that had the allocation. It just set there until Chevrolet opened up their order book. At that time I went to 3000 along with all the others.

Quick Reply: Convertible production in two weeks? Probably...