Sponsored by:

Awesome Detail from Adam's

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Awesome Detail from Adam's

I took my Stingray down to Adam's Polishes in Louisville, CO for a detail. I was expecting to get a far better detail than what I can get in my small town; after all, Adam's makes a mind-boggling assortment of car-care products - they should know what they're doing. But what I got far exceeded my expectations. Chris, aka "Mook" of Adam's expertly took my car through the entire process of a professional detail, and made the car look absolutely stunning. Starting out with a wash, he then clayed everything, including the windows. Then came the 2-step machine polish, with an additional polish for good measure. After that, the entire car was sealed with their special sealant, which really made the whole car pop.

I backed it out of the warehouse to get some pictures in the sun, and passersby commented on how great looking it was. All the way home, I got waves and thumbs up, along with people driving beside me for extended periods, admiring the car. It really does look fantastic.

But perhaps of more significance to me is that the severe dirt attraction issue I was having is gone. Prior to this detail, every time I drove the car, it would attract a substantial amount of dust and dirt. The rear end would become completely and unbelievably plastered with dirt. With this new treatment, that doesn't happen any more. After the 120 mile trip home, there is not much dirt on the rear at all, and the horizontal surfaces have hardly anything on them. This is a tremendous relief, because I was looking at going insane if the dirt attraction had continued. I'll now be able to keep the car nice with the Adam's waterless wash and detail spray.

If you're in the Louisville, CO area, I highly recommend a visit to Adam's. It takes a few hours for Chris to work his magic, but it's well worth it.

I'm expecting more pics to be sent to me, but here's these for now.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:12 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Looks great
Old 10-23-2013, 10:13 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Saw the pictures pop up on Facebook... looks stunning.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 AM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks stunning, and I'm not a fan of LRG.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-
I took my Stingray down to Adam's Polishes in Louisville, CO for a detail. I was expecting to get a far better detail than what I can get in my small town; after all, Adam's makes a mind-boggling assortment of car-care products - they should know what they're doing. But what I got far exceeded my expectations. Chris, aka "Mook" of Adam's expertly took my car through the entire process of a professional detail, and made the car look absolutely stunning. Starting out with a wash, he then clayed everything, including the windows. Then came the 2-step machine polish, with an additional polish for good measure. After that, the entire car was sealed with their special sealant, which really made the whole car pop.

I backed it out of the warehouse to get some pictures in the sun, and passersby commented on how great looking it was. All the way home, I got waves and thumbs up, along with people driving beside me for extended periods, admiring the car. It really does look fantastic.

But perhaps of more significance to me is that the severe dirt attraction issue I was having is gone. Prior to this detail, every time I drove the car, it would attract a substantial amount of dust and dirt. The rear end would become completely and unbelievably plastered with dirt. With this new treatment, that doesn't happen any more. After the 120 mile trip home, there is not much dirt on the rear at all, and the horizontal surfaces have hardly anything on them. This is a tremendous relief, because I was looking at going insane if the dirt attraction had continued. I'll now be able to keep the car nice with the Adam's waterless wash and detail spray.

If you're in the Louisville, CO area, I highly recommend a visit to Adam's. It takes a few hours for Chris to work his magic, but it's well worth it.

Awesome pics and an awesome shine congrats!!... no doubt he done a great job but there's no way I'll let anyone polish or wax my car to me it's part of the fun of owning beautiful cars is detailing them myself and with the right products you can do just as good as any detail shop...but heck it's all up to the individual.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:26 AM
cramar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd bet that the pictures only hint at the stunning depth of the color in real life.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:37 AM
SevenTurns
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Awesome - Congrats and best of luck!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:39 AM
broncho6
Intermediate

Serious question--how hard was it --seriously --to detail a brand new car? You could have just made a thread and appropriately titled it "Look at my car" instead of the shameless plug you gave this detail guy which I am sure he isn't a forum sponsor or vendor.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:42 AM
pookie
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! That reflection just burned my retina through my computer screen! What a shine!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:42 AM
TachItUp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by broncho6
Serious question--how hard was it --seriously --to detail a brand new car? You could have just made a thread and appropriately titled it "Look at my car" instead of the shameless plug you gave this detail guy which I am sure he isn't a forum sponsor or vendor.
You're right; we should only post negative reviews about products and services since forums are for b*tching!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

A lot harder than you are giving credit for....

As an FYI, new car prep and detailing is often a very big deal. Contamination during shipping should be removed, any paint defects (swirls/marring) from shipping, dealer washing, covers, etc are removed and a sealant is applied. I guarantee the car (any car) that is delivered is not flawless and a new car detail will deal with that. Many new Ferrari owners NEED to get their cars detailed as the paint is filled with swirls, etc. The C7 would like have similar "imperfections" from the shipping, handling and delivery process. I would undertake a similar detailing on every new car myself (although I do it personally) and they can easily take 8 to 10 hours of time to do it correctly.

Some don't care as the car is good enough for them... others, like the OP (and me) do care and for good reason.

Shameless plug this is not.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM
CCDawg69
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did ya get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what???
Old 10-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing is glowing...great job.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 AM
bennsdb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great... shines like a new penny
Old 10-23-2013, 11:18 AM
CO Pman
Advanced

Wow CM, stunning is all I can say! Your pictures are the best I have seen to date showing the LRG ~ nice work!

I live between Denver and Boulder and will consider Adam's after seeing the nice job done for you.

I have not purchased a new car (and certainly not one this nice!) in a number of years, so when my C7 does arrive hopefully next month, I really need to spend some time getting up to speed on the "do's and don'ts" of the proper exterior care. Are we not supposed to apply anything to the new paint for a few months, or like so many other related topics, there are differing opinions on this?

I am new to this forum thing..... I may be hijacking your thread, and I apologize for doing so if I am. I am just looking to learn to take good care of my new car so if anyone can point me to a reliable resource for proper exterior car care I will be grateful. Or should I start and new thread on the topic knowing that there are many here who take GREAT care of their cars?

Again CM, you really knocked it out of the park with your color choice, I am impressed!

P
Old 10-23-2013, 11:26 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

It was actually a great deal of work, and required obvious expertise to accomplish. The car got quite a thrashing on the trip home, and it was quite scratched up from my apparently contaminated California Duster (which I will no longer use.) The "detail guy" was able to bring the car back to like-new, perhaps better, and for that I am grateful. Hence the appreciation thread.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

Curious as to what the detailer applied to reduce the dust and dirt from the sides and rear. I too am seeing a lot of dust on the sides and back. I have to use the car duster to remove the dust, but it is a pain.

BTW - beautiful car!

Get notified of new replies

To Awesome Detail from Adam's

Old 10-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Roidz
Pro

Wow looks great. Bet it looks even better in person.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-

wow, the carbon flash is flashing!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jimbob26
Curious as to what the detailer applied to reduce the dust and dirt from the sides and rear. I too am seeing a lot of dust on the sides and back. I have to use the car duster to remove the dust, but it is a pain.

BTW - beautiful car!
I think it was the combination of the whole process, and removal of whatever was put on at the dealership. The washing and claying removed the contaminants from the paint surface, and the polishing with the various pads and compounds really smoothed it out. Then it was sealed. I chose sealant over wax because I need it to hold up and last a long time. They were all Adman's products, of course.

Edit: I should note that the dust collection is greatly reduced from what it was, but not eliminated, of course.

Last edited by -CM-; 10-23-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Awesome Detail from Adam's