Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome Detail from Adam's

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 03:18 PM
scars10
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a great color, I've been to their detailing clinics, great guys. They have 3 things I don't, knowledge, equipment, & energy.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:50 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by harry2
Please confirm that you have the standard painted Z51 wheels.
IMO, they really look great and am wondering if the detailer made the standard painted Z51 wheels look like they were chrome.
Yes those are the standard silver Z51 wheels. I actually detailed those myself with Rejex to cut down on the hours I was to be at Adam's.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:29 PM
SteveM10
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06

Wow, your car looks fantastic! Well done.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by CCDawg69
Did ya get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what???
Hey, he's been here a whole two months. His opinion is obviously important.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Eleventh
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CO Pman
I am new to this forum thing..... I may be hijacking your thread, and I apologize for doing so if I am. I am just looking to learn to take good care of my new car so if anyone can point me to a reliable resource for proper exterior car care I will be grateful. Or should I start and new thread on the topic knowing that there are many here who take GREAT care of their cars?

P
I learned a lot from here:
"http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL96D52AF54166C886"

Google "Drive clean" if that link doesn't work.

Last edited by Eleventh; 10-23-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: trying to get the link to work
Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cramar
I'd bet that the pictures only hint at the stunning depth of the color in real life.
Yes, you're correct. In the sun the metallic is very sparkly, with thousands of bright green points of light. The camera just doesn't completely catch it. Here's an iPhone shot I took at the gas station today.

NOTE: that this was taken the day after the detail, and after the 120+ mile trip home. There is a bit of dust on the spoiler and rear end.

Last edited by -CM-; 10-24-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 PM
post-it
Racer

Originally Posted by broncho6
Serious question--how hard was it --seriously --to detail a brand new car? You could have just made a thread and appropriately titled it "Look at my car" instead of the shameless plug you gave this detail guy which I am sure he isn't a forum sponsor or vendor.
Adams is a Forum Sponsor! Their products are the very highest quality, you can not buy a better micro fiber cloth period.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Thedowell
Instructor

Cruise-In II Veteran

OP great pics. LRG looks so much better in person than in pictures. The color goes from almost black to bright green depending on if the sun is out. Everyone that sees it in person has commented that it looks much better than they thought it would. I am glad I chose it. I will be storing mine in Denver this winter and just may have these guys work on mine.

Mic

Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 827 Likes on 393 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by broncho6
Serious question--how hard was it --seriously --to detail a brand new car? You could have just made a thread and appropriately titled it "Look at my car" instead of the shameless plug you gave this detail guy which I am sure he isn't a forum sponsor or vendor.
I can tell by your comment, you have no real idea on what all is involved in a true detail.

Also Adams (as already pointed out is a forum vendor) products have been officially recognized by GM as the official car care product for Corvette and Camaro. They bottles carry teh GM logo and one other point, Adam did not raise his prices simply because of that either, His products are some of the best around. They are all I used on my C5 and now my C6.

As for how hard is it to detail a new car, I will not go into it, as I see some have, but many think that to detail a car , you wash it dry and throw on a coat of wax. That is fine for some, but not all of use. My C6 is not a daily driver, but it gets clayed twice a year, followed by swirl and haze remover, then polish and finally a coat of wax. I don't use a sealer as it does not need it because of the use the car gets and it is garage kept.

When I bought my wife her 2010 GMC Acadia, I told the dealer not to touch it before we picked it up. I would do it. I spent the entire day and I had to throw the clay bar away when I was finished because of all the rail dust I removed. So a true professional detail is an involved process and i know the type of work that Mook and Dylan and Adam do when they take on a project.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:05 PM
eurostyle
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
I can tell by your comment, you have no real idea on what all is involved in a true detail.

Also Adams (as already pointed out is a forum vendor) products have been officially recognized by GM as the official car care product for Corvette and Camaro. They bottles carry teh GM logo and one other point, Adam did not raise his prices simply because of that either, His products are some of the best around. They are all I used on my C5 and now my C6.

As for how hard is it to detail a new car, I will not go into it, as I see some have, but many think that to detail a car , you wash it dry and throw on a coat of wax. That is fine for some, but not all of use. My C6 is not a daily driver, but it gets clayed twice a year, followed by swirl and haze remover, then polish and finally a coat of wax. I don't use a sealer as it does not need it because of the use the car gets and it is garage kept.

When I bought my wife her 2010 GMC Acadia, I told the dealer not to touch it before we picked it up. I would do it. I spent the entire day and I had to throw the clay bar away when I was finished because of all the rail dust I removed. So a true professional detail is an involved process and i know the type of work that Mook and Dylan and Adam do when they take on a project.
Hype, just hype. I don't question Adam's products nor the guys who did the work but, it is a new car, it was covered at delivery. It is like I paint a brand new fender, install on the car and then it has to be detailed? give me a break. Some of you guys are just nuts.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:11 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by eurostyle
Hype, just hype. I don't question Adam's products nor the guys who did the work but, it is a new car, it was covered at delivery. It is like I paint a brand new fender, install on the car and then it has to be detailed? give me a break. Some of you guys are just nuts.
Apparently you didn't read my post about the condition of the paint and how it got that way.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 PM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Lol at the clueless trolley in this thread. Just because its new, doesn't mean the paint isn't in horrible shape. My mom just bought a new Ford Focus, the first time I saw it, my jaw fell on the floor at the sight of the r.i.d.s and swirls on the new paint. With a proper detail, you can make the paint pop even more than it does from the showroom.

Last edited by bladex10; 10-23-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default WOW Looks GREAT!!!!

Love it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently somebody is just looking to troll around and kick up some dust. So let nostyle, er, eurostyle have his "fun"....
Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,486 Likes on 1,948 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I STILL like LRG, and this is just a great example.

Whether bronchial or euors read or understood the OP's first post on his car trip to bring the C7 home, is irrelevant. The fact is, it was a trip that most would not have made, under conditions that many could not have driven in---snow, ice, fog, rain for hundreds of miles. Not just a wee drizzle.

And I'd guess that very few, if any, on C7 Gen will take their first ride in/on a trip like the OP made to bring their cars home. The OP has posted a url in post #16 re that trip home.

And THAT is the reason the car needed a detail.

End of story and a job very well done by (what happens to be) a Forum vendor.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,508 Likes on 3,592 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Shines nice!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Opinions vary
Old 10-24-2013, 03:23 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-
Yes, you're correct. In the sun the metallic is very sparkly, with thousands of bright green points of light. The camera just doesn't completely catch it. Here's an iPhone shot I took at the gas station today.

Is the top of your spoiler burnt or scuffed?... In the pic it looks like a machine polisher or something has scuffed the paint...

Would hate to see a brand new car get paint damage from a polisher. Those things can cause damage to paint if they are not in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing.

I would hate to risk having a new car with a dark color come in contact with a machine polisher. Those things can leave very ugly swirl marks.

Get notified of new replies

To Awesome Detail from Adam's

Old 10-24-2013, 04:27 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by jr3

Is the top of your spoiler burnt or scuffed?... In the pic it looks like a machine polisher or something has scuffed the paint...

Would hate to see a brand new car get paint damage from a polisher. Those things can cause damage to paint if they are not in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing.

I would hate to risk having a new car with a dark color come in contact with a machine polisher. Those things can leave very ugly swirl marks.

Wow...some of you negaive nennies have NO idea what you are talking about. I was taught a LONG time ago ..."if you don't have anything good to say to someone .... don't say anything at all" And, "as soon as someone opens their mouth they show".....Having an opinion on something is one thing BUT to trash someone just because you can is wrong. I think you should have opened the link and see how Adams details a car. As far as the swirl marks are concerned....if that is your Lexus...whoever did that .... hasn't a clue about how to polish a car. You can indeed MACHINE polish a car without swirl marks. To the OP...thank you for posting. I remember the green c4's and thought what a UGLY color. The Green in your c7 POPS!!! What interior did you get?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:24 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

I took my Stingray down to Adam's Polishes in Louisville, CO for a detail....

If you're in the Louisville, CO area, I highly recommend a visit to Adam's. It takes a few hours for Chris to work his magic, but it's well worth it.

No doubt about it Mook's the best.
Hopefully you watched and learned from the best how to maintain these results.
(and brought back some product, too!)
Starting with a brand new car (even if it was wrapped in transit) is in fact the best time to detail
as it lays down the foundation for the life of the car and finish.

I'm not affiliated with Adam's but am a fan/friend/customer for life. As many have happily discovered, there is no better source than Adam's for value/quality/results and selection. Tires to tops with every surface and condition in between.

Everything in the Adam's line exists because they care not only about the results achieved, but also how they are achieved. Exclusively US Made, these are products pros to home-detailers can use themselves and be very, very satisfied with the investment made in their time, effort and ultimately their ride!

Bringing your C7 to them is as brilliant as the shine. There's nothing better than watching someone who knows the products and their application on your car - what a great lesson. I'd have videoed Mook working for study and reference later.

It'll be hard to keep that beauty stored for the whole winter, so now with the sealer you can still take it out once in a while, knowing it won't be too hard to return the car to clean.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:04 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by obxchartercaptain
... To the OP...thank you for posting. I remember the green c4's and thought what a UGLY color. The Green in your c7 POPS!!! What interior did you get?
I went with the Brownstone interior, carbon dash, and Stingray mats.

Thanks for the comments.

Quick Reply: Awesome Detail from Adam's