C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girlfriend is ungrateful about her C7....

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 AM
broncho6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
This thread started as a very good one . Then some hostilities and name calling (all of which are strictly forbidden) started to ruin it and may cause it to shut down.

If you can't post without being hostile or calling names then don't ruin the thread for others. Just don't post.

And it's time to lay off the rude and crude comments re: the ladies. Nothing to do at all with the topic of the thread.

If you see a thread that shouldn't be here, don't respond to it, just report it or notify one of the Moderators. When you respond, you're letting yourself get drug into the problem.

Rules primer:
Online Conflicts
For the most part, the CF community remains a friendly place where ideas, thoughts, and assistance can be found. Unfortunately, there are times when members forget that this is an Internet forum and issues between members can get out of hand. This includes members turning to the forum to air a personal offline/on-line problem which results in sides being drawn by participating members.

In these situations, it is the forum's role to expeditiously end any conflict for the good of the forum and its membership. The forum's goal is not only to remain family, work, and corporate server safe, it also will not serve as a battleground where offline/on-line personal matters and drama are permitted to be played out in front of other members.

Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges.

If any member is being harassed on-line in a thread or privately via PM, they should avoid a confrontation with the offending member and immediately report the problem to a section Moderator via PM, or by clicking on the "report post," icon under their user name.

The Moderator will evaluate the issue and take appropriate action to rectify the situation.
Oh boy..the internet police have been dispatched.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 AM
turbota
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Some guys have all the luck!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:14 PM
RekjavicXXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by roscoe118
Why? Because he (and she) is confident in his lifestyle, and like any other mature secure person, doesn't give a fek what someone on an internet forum thinks, or says... In most internet forums, like any other segment of society, there are good apples and bad apples. Don't let some yahoo "bad apple" spoil the party. IMO the haters are the attention seekers! Like my parents taught me, oh so many years ago, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Just like you Bill, I like it when a forum member shares a little of their personal life here. Rekjavic, thanks for posting the pics of your beautiful girl friend, and her gorgeous Vette. Don't stop because of a few haters!!!

Totally agree my friend! Thanks for sharing. Opinions and perspectives are the spice of life. If everyone had the same take on things, the world would be a boring place. I've matched wits with the best of the keyboard warriors out there....and at the end of the day, it's just a waste of time and resources. We're gonna have fun...and share it with those who are interested in joining us. That's what having a good group of friends is all about
Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 PM
brandon1566
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Buncha Mad in here
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 PM
stevenm357
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to both of you on the awesome C7, the video was pretty good. the silly crap people posted above is hilarious. I hope it brings you both lots of enjoyment! if it came to where I could afford it I would do the same for my firance.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,928 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by broncho6
I will chime in too--guess the OP just needs some attention to show the world how he "bought" that GF with his availability to provide things for her. Sad bro...take all of that away and let's see how long she sticks around for your good looks and personality, assuming you have both.

I don't see the point of these "bought girlfriend" threads. It doesn't seem like something you would want to advertise either.

Michael
Old 10-23-2013, 12:48 PM
jrhunkler
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wolf8218
Just happy she has such a great sugar daddy!
Her other boyfriend bought her a Lamborghini Aventador the day before...

Old 10-23-2013, 03:57 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

She probably thought it was a Camaro!
Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 PM
RekjavicXXX
Instructor

...and she knows how to drive that "Camaro". Go ahead, mention her taillights look like a Camaro. She'll set ya straight quickfast
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:22 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Oh you - you SNEAKY you !!!

Seriously congrats! but get a good pre-nup... no joke...
Old 10-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Vasta
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by tdp1
I'd buy her a minivan!
Now that's funny!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

OP, I'll say this...I hope your girlfriend is as proud of you as you seem to be of her. Tread carefully my friend. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 PM
dr4carz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm hey RekjavicXXX I sense some Corvette envy amongst us.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Knome
Instructor

Nice house...nice car...cute GF. Life is good...enjoy.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 PM
RekjavicXXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
OP, I'll say this...I hope your girlfriend is as proud of you as you seem to be of her. Tread carefully my friend. Good luck.
Great admonition! As it turns out, we're each other's biggest fan...on every level, so things are really good my friend.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by RekjavicXXX
Great admonition! As it turns out, we're each other's biggest fan...on every level, so things are really good my friend.
Just a bit of advice (granted not solicited) from a guy who has seen it all in my line of work. If it came off condescending, that was not my intention.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:33 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is starting to get (i mean, is ridiculous). It is difficult to figure out how to say this, like "which came first the chicken or the egg". So, it can go in either order, but firstly, the OP has a cool looking C7 and for some reason he feels the need to show off his girlfriend, because to him, she is a goddess. Quite honestly, for me a little weird to strangers, but i respect that. ok, to him, she is hot and wants to show her off to strangers. People do things for different reasons, cool..whatever

The second part is guys are responding as if he has some out of this world playboy playmate of some sort. Like, something that is out of reach from the "normal guy"... Just in the way people are posting. If i am wrong i apologize. Just the feeling i get. But, maybe you feel for the OP and wanting to boost his ego as this is what he might need. For that, i applaud. making somebody feel good is cool.

Most people who buy vettes like to be noticed. It is what it is. Vettes are cool and this C7 makes a presence. A-personalities, You will get noticed.

Maybe we need a new Folder "C7 - Wives/G/Fs/SignificantOthers", where the people that need that extra attention can hang out and say how hot their girl/guy next door, average spouse looks. If this becomes a norm, lets step it up a notch or two or three please.

Get notified of new replies

To Girlfriend is ungrateful about her C7....

Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 PM
sting ya
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bevo_87
This thread is starting to get (i mean, is ridiculous). It is difficult to figure out how to say this, like "which came first the chicken or the egg". So, it can go in either order, but firstly, the OP has a cool looking C7 and for some reason he feels the need to show off his girlfriend, because to him, she is a goddess. Quite honestly, for me a little weird to strangers, but i respect that. ok, to him, she is hot and wants to show her off to strangers. People do things for different reasons, cool..whatever

The second part is guys are responding as if he has some out of this world playboy playmate of some sort. Like, something that is out of reach from the "normal guy"... Just in the way people are posting. If i am wrong i apologize. Just the feeling i get. But, maybe you feel for the OP and wanting to boost his ego as this is what he might need. For that, i applaud. making somebody feel good is cool.

Most people who buy vettes like to be noticed. It is what it is. Vettes are cool and this C7 makes a presence. A-personalities, You will get noticed.

Maybe we need a new Folder "C7 - Wives/G/Fs/SignificantOthers", where the people that need that extra attention can hang out and say how hot their girl/guy next door, average spouse looks. If this becomes a norm, lets step it up a notch or two or three please.
Agreed 100%
Possibly why this turd is so sad
His middle aged girlfriend or whatever she is cute at best. Yeah i'm sure ill get the "show me yours" but trust me - its "better", my house is nicer.
But i would never put it out there, or am i so immature or insecure that i would need to.
This is a corvette forum - not a starving for attention forum
Please everyone give the op some props - tell him his girl friend is soooo hot ! his house or whoever 's house is soooo nice ! and just make him go away !
Ill start by not replying to this thread any more
Old 10-23-2013, 09:05 PM
nrotik
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the op stated anywhere that his girlfriend is the hottest, his house is the best, the car has every option so everyone should feel jealous.. I can't get this c7 forum.. I have never seen so many mean people as I have seen on this forum..
Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM
cdoo932
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RekjavicXXX
...and she knows how to drive that "Camaro". Go ahead, mention her taillights look like a Camaro. She'll set ya straight quickfast
Great man! You are living the dream. Very nice girlfriend and hot car. Thumbs up to ya.

Quick Reply: Girlfriend is ungrateful about her C7....