C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get into the traction management modes..... can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 05:57 PM
yellowsnow
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't get into the traction management modes..... can you help?

So I've been trying to do launch control to see how it performs, but I am having problems entering the Traction Management Modes.

My car is stopped and foot on break
My steering wheel is straight
I hit the TCS button 2 times. The first time, the "traction off" indicator light comes on (the tire with a line thru it) But after the second push, there is no display of "PERF TRAC 1 - WET ACTIVE HANDLING ON" as the manual says there should be on the DIC. If I then try launch control, and floor the gas pedal, the RPMs go redline, they do not hold steady at 4000 as the manual states. Does anyone else have this problem, or can someone here help me out as to what I'm doing wrong or does this simply not work as the manual states.

Thanks

car is Z51, 7M, Magnetic Ride Control (supposedly)
Old 10-21-2013, 06:21 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowsnow
So I've been trying to do launch control to see how it performs, but I am having problems entering the Traction Management Modes.

My car is stopped and foot on break
My steering wheel is straight
I hit the TCS button 2 times. The first time, the "traction off" indicator light comes on (the tire with a line thru it) But after the second push, there is no display of "PERF TRAC 1 - WET ACTIVE HANDLING ON" as the manual says there should be on the DIC. If I then try launch control, and floor the gas pedal, the RPMs go redline, they do not hold steady at 4000 as the manual states. Does anyone else have this problem, or can someone here help me out as to what I'm doing wrong or does this simply not work as the manual states.

Thanks

car is Z51, 7M, Magnetic Ride Control (supposedly)
You have Mag ride because you have PTM. There is an additional step you have to do but can't remember off the top of my head. If you didn't have PTM, you would have had the correct steps and would of engaged launch control..... You need some one to chime in that has the added step...
Old 10-21-2013, 06:27 PM
tentorium
Racer

Having same issue. Auto Z51 w/Mag ride. In Track mode with foot on brake-if I press and hold TCS button for app. 5 seconds upper right DIC shows TC with slash through it and on the left side of DIC get the icon for comp driving mode. So far so good , however no wet/dry etc options to toggle through.

Taking car in for separate issue tomorrow will bring this to attention.
Seems I read some thread regarding dealer needing to reflash codes and that solved problem.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 PM
yellowsnow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tentorium
Having same issue. Auto Z51 w/Mag ride. In Track mode with foot on brake-if I press and hold TCS button for app. 5 seconds upper right DIC shows TC with slash through it and on the left side of DIC get the icon for comp driving mode. So far so good , however no wet/dry etc options to toggle through.

Taking car in for separate issue tomorrow will bring this to attention.
Seems I read some thread regarding dealer needing to reflash codes and that solved problem.
Please update me with dealer response if you don't mind. Thanks, it's good to know others are having same issue
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 PM
tentorium
Racer

Will do.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Bat7Man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a batter saver option that has to be turned off and some codes erased from the vehicle computer. This has been discussed multiple times on the forum. Simple process at the dealer - less than 5 min.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:18 PM
tentorium
Racer

Finally got my fix yesterday-Z51/MSRC auto. Same as described here, tech found 2 codes and cleared them. That took literally 3 minutes.

Pulled the car around front and we tried to get into menu. No joy. This was around 5pm so I went home anticipating the next step would be investigating problem with the module. An hour later, went out and tried again. This time it worked. Go to Track mode, press TC twice (no foot on brake required BTW) and sub menu pops up to toggle through. The sub menu will disappear if you don't make a choice quick enough but a turn of the selector brings it back. Works great now. Also works while driving on the fly as others have said.

Enough people seem to complain about this you would think GM would issue some bulletin to dealers. My dealer is great but a couple of people seemed somewhat incredulous about this.

So as to the reason I gained access after coming home and not at dealership--? Maybe a couple of ignition cycles or time elapse was needed.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Can't get into the traction management modes..... can you help?

Quick Reply: Can't get into the traction management modes..... can you help?