C7 or C6 ZR-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 03:02 PM
jaimeleger
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I agree

Originally Posted by Hotrodpt
What's happening here - we are all Corvette owners/enthusiasts (plus some stalkers). No opinions need to be a put-down. I have a C7 and think the ZR1's, the '63 split windows, and even the problem prone 68's are/were great. A barn find might look horrible to some, but to others it represents a challenge to bring it back. Even with that, some enthusiasts now prefer original worn to restored new. Calling attention to why you might choose a particular car is fine, but putting down other's choices is not, in my book.
I love all Vettes had a C4 as my first in 1996, then the Z06 in 2001 (still have) and my C7. I know they are very different. Most guys dream about having these cars ( mine never been daily drivers), and I doubt anyone would talk like this in real time at the car events/shows. They are all cool cars, very different in their own way and owned based on preference. Enjoy them. You are fortunate and all play in the same sandbox. Drive safe
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2014, 08:17 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
C7 for me.

1) I'll take new over used any day.

you bought a 2007 in 2011 but will take new any day??

2) Good luck maintaining a used 638hp car that stickered at $120K new.. with an expiring warranty. Pray to god it wasnt beat on hard.

Forged internals, hand built at PBC. 9:1 compression. A little melodramatic don't you think? Makes more sense to be worried about new technology, first year LT1

3) I can enjoy the using the upgraded interior, exterior, styling, technology, seats, color hi-rez HUD, 8" touchscreens & different driving modes EVERYTIME I drive the newer C7 on public streets. You simply cannot use the 638hp everytime drive an older ZR1, especially on public streets. What good is absolute monster HP, if you cant use it.

Some owners have a BMI under 25, so the seats are a mute point. The new interior is cool. Regarding technology, you might want to pull up the stat sheet on a ZR1. About the driving modes, seriously..ZR1 driving modes;touring or sport, PTM, 5 perf track settings, hmmm. Hi rez HUD in a C7... for what, you already stated you can't use all that speed so what do you need a HI REZ hud for?

What did you mean by you simply can't use the 638 horses? Heck, C7 owners are posting they can't even hook up with 460+. So what's your point? OK, I'm sitting down. Go ahead and tell me you can use all 400 HP in an LS2 all the time

I dont care if the C6ZR1 has 1000hp.. I'd still prefer the C7 over it.

Good Choice, it's a Corvette
Old 01-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Which car would you buy a new C7 say for $70k or a used ZR-1 for $70k

Lets see where this topic leads.
A bunch of pages of bickering

I do not understand why we can not accept another's opinion as someone already posted we are all very fortunate to have Corvettes be it a C1 through C7.

Last time I checked we are all individuals with different ideas, tastes & etc.......
Old 01-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Hotrodpt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaimeleger
I love all Vettes had a C4 as my first in 1996, then the Z06 in 2001 (still have) and my C7. I know they are very different. Most guys dream about having these cars ( mine never been daily drivers), and I doubt anyone would talk like this in real time at the car events/shows. They are all cool cars, very different in their own way and owned based on preference. Enjoy them. You are fortunate and all play in the same sandbox. Drive safe
Problem is...my sandbox is full of snow and it's not a good time to play there.

Quick Reply: C7 or C6 ZR-1