Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 10-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
plumalan
CF Senior Member

Default Sick and tired of hearing about Porsches

I may be in the minority here, but I could care less about Porsche cars. As a young man I recall seeing one, and my thought was that it looked exactly like a VW Beetle that someone had stepped on and kinda flattened it out. To this day, it still does to me.

I for one am more concerned about the appearance of the car, and for me it has never even been close. Corvette has always won hands down.

I like performance, but I for one never utilize it on other that entrance ramps to interstates. I am not and have never been a racer.

I seriously doubt that I am in a small minority here. I've owned at least 10 corvettes dating back to the C2's.

I had to get that off my chest!!!! I feel better now!
plumalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
RocketGuy3
CF Senior Member

Well it's not like Porsches outperform Corvettes, anyways, so...
RocketGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Although I respect their design philosophy and the fact some are stupid quick and nimble, but I can say without a doubt, it would be waaaaaaaaaay down on my list of owning, somewhere around GTR dwellings.

Last edited by Racer; 10-18-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
Corvette SSX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08

I'm with you. To me Porsche styling = BORING. Also reminds me of VW's. Vettes have always had better, if not cutting edge style. I don't care how good a car performs, if it's not attractive it won't be in my garage.
Corvette SSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
ZZR1200
CF Senior Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZZR1200 Send a message via AIM to ZZR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumalan View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I could care less about Porsche cars. As a young man I recall seeing one, and my thought was that it looked exactly like a VW Beetle that someone had stepped on and kinda flattened it out. To this day, it still does to me.

I for one am more concerned about the appearance of the car, and for me it has never even been close. Corvette has always won hands down.

I like performance, but I for one never utilize it on other that entrance ramps to interstates. I am not and have never been a racer.

I seriously doubt that I am in a small minority here. I've owned at least 10 corvettes dating back to the C2's.

If you are tired of hearing about Porches, why start a thread about them?
ZZR1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
themonk
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09 & '12-'13-'14

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Beer, JK, money and cars

I like Porsche, they make awesome cars, but I'm not going to talk about them if I don't own one.
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post
I like Porsche, they make awesome cars, but I'm not going to talk about them if I don't own one.
You just did.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR1200 View Post
If you are tired of hearing about Porches, why start a thread about them?
If you have to ask...........
Old 10-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
Dan12
CF Senior Member

Quote:

According to GMs market research you are in a group that is getting smaller each year so I would say thatís a minority. GM shareholders would like to sell Corvettes to a more diverse /larger crowd and have targeted the 911 since it's an icon. GM is trying to get away from the typical Corvette traits and bring it up to the next level. Many potential buyers are looking at a Corvette for the first time and are coming from European cars. GM is ecstatic about this. Why some Corvette lifers don't understand this concept is hard to understand.
Dan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
themonk
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09 & '12-'13-'14

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Beer, JK, money and cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
You just did.
Hey, did you order a C7?
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
1986C4Z51
CF Senior Member

If you're looking to pick up chicks, I think you'll do better in a Porsche. At least in a 911.
I like how Porsche supports racing. Far more than GM does.

But, if you want to compare performance of actual cars that are affordable, a 1999 C5 stomped a new Porsche Cayman at the SCCA Solo Nationals, which must drive the Porsche fans crazy.
1986C4Z51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
rcallen484
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado C6 View Post
Getting rid of my C6 and buying a Porsche was the best thing I ever did.
I will bet that it is
rcallen484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
Corvette ED
CF Senior Member

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling

Quote:

Porsches are money pits When that POS breaks and you have to take it back to the dealer hold on your going to get. I have taking in a couple of them this summer on trades on C6's and the guy trading says it can't take the service bills anymore.

Which car would you want to own when the factory warranty runs out? Corvette or Porsche?

2007 Corvette Conv Victory Red/Cashmere/Cashmere, 3LT, Z-51, Chrome Wheels, Automatic, Onstar
23 Past Corvettes Owned

HOME OF AMERICA'S OLDEST BREWERY YUENGLINGS

Last edited by Corvette ED; 10-18-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Corvette ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #14
450hp mike9
CF Senior Member

People are going to say I don't know how to drive a Porsche . Back in 1982 I owned a 911 SC and that thing took me into the weeds *** backwards just missing a tree. The early one's are a handful and no Vette ever did that to me. EVER !!!!
450hp mike9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #15
YellowC5
CF Senior Member

Quote:

2014 Coupe/w Z51, 2LT, Crystal Red Metallic, Black Interior, Navigation, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Carbon Flash Hood Stinger Stripe, Chrome Wheels, Body Color/Transparent Dual Roof Pkg., 6-Speed A/T, Dual Mode Exhaust.

Ordered 9/7/13, Built 9/28/13, Bayed 10/2/13, Shipped to Dealer in Ohio 10/4/13, Vehicle at Dealer 10/5/13, Vehicle shipped to Colorado 10/15/13, Vehicle on the ground 10/17/13.
YellowC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
PJC6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:

they should go play on the Porsche forum.
PJC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
ChucksZ06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Getting rid of my C6 and buying a Porsche was the best thing I ever did.
Yeah, that is why you are still on the corvette forum. The truth is Porsche guys have huge inferiority complexes and cannot understand why no one else but them knows how great a car a Porsche is. The ugliest vette made looks better than any Porsche.
ChucksZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #18
450hp mike9
CF Senior Member

Do you know the difference between a Porsche owner and a porcupine ?

The ***** is inside.
450hp mike9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
darkmercury
CF Senior Member

My old manager owned a couple Porsche's ... I could never like that car if I tried.
darkmercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
trumper Z06
CF Senior Member

Porsche has earned their reputation on the track.

The new C7 is getting a lot of interest over on Rennlist with a healthy amount of RESPECT !!!

GM is now bench marking 911's instead of Vipers indicating a change in marketing Corvettes.

Personally I prefer the Z06 which offers more bang for your buck at the track.

That said, the latest Car & Driver report on the new 911 GT3 certainly offers a challenge to GM's high performance C7 when it arrives.

trumper Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:55 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Sick and tired of hearing about Porsches