Sponsored by:

Base Corvettes = Fast Production

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Base Corvettes = Fast Production

I ordered a Base C7 on October 1. Torch Red, Carbon only on dash, 7 Spd, NDD, 2LT ...

Today I received the following email:

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding your 2014 Corvette Stingray order. We apologize for the delay in our response. We have received a large number of inquiries since our recent shipment announcement. We are working as hard as we can to provide the latest updates.

As of October 16, 2013, the status of Order Number RHRBNP is the following:

This vehicle has been produced and assigned Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) 4195. Please be aware that we have shipped a number of Corvettes to the national rail head in Nashville, TN, for a final quality review of each car prior to being shipped to dealers. This final review is part of our standard procedures for a launch.

As we indicated in the press release, we have built nearly 1000 Stingrays, and we are using facilities in Nashville to expedite the process. Once the review for each vehicle is completed, the vehicle will be shipped directly from Nashville to the dealer. We do not have an estimate we can share on the amount of time a particular vehicle will spend in Nashville.

Please understand our number one priority is to deliver the greatest, highest quality Corvette Stingray -- to every dealer, to every customer, every time.

We appreciate your patience and recognize the high amount of anticipation for the 2014 Corvette Stingray.

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 PM
green2000
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

This is great news for you. It is disturbing that it appears cars continue to be shipped to Nashville. I ordered a week prior to you and I'm stuck at 3400.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Base or Z51? I have a feeling I went to the front of the line with the base order.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:24 PM
ZZR1200
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a generic response from GM. States his VIN is 4195 and a couple of sentences later it states they have built nearly 1000 Corvettes???
Old 10-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

I agree seems like someone needs to update the canned email. I'm also not sure if my car will be included to TN or headed to Nebraska. It appears that the QA process is pretty quick according to others at this point.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Eagle Ray 7
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:11 PM
MeanDean43
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the OP had scanned the original E-Mail the he got from Chevrolet, (or typed it out word for word) you'll see that Chevrolet said "we have build nearly 1000 Stingrays". There is always the possibility that Chevrolet is (differentiating) between BASE STINGRAYS and Z-51's!

Hey, it's a thought anyway.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

I actually "copied" and "Paste" the email except I shortened the vin to just the 4 digits.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:47 PM
fasa
Heel & Toe

I ordered my base C7 with no constraints on Sept 30. As of today, my email from faq says my order has been accepted by Chevrolet, awaiting assignment of production date...
Old 10-17-2013, 02:58 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmbarney
I ordered a Base C7 on October 1. Torch Red, Carbon only on dash, 7 Spd, NDD, 2LT ...

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding your 2014 Corvette Stingray order. We apologize for the delay in our response. We have received a large number of inquiries since our recent shipment announcement. We are working as hard as we can to provide the latest updates.

This vehicle has been produced and assigned Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) 4195. Please be aware that we have shipped a number of Corvettes to the national rail head in Nashville, TN, for a final quality review of each car prior to being shipped to dealers. This final review is part of our standard procedures for a launch.

As we indicated in the press release, we have built nearly 1000 Stingrays, and we are using facilities in Nashville to expedite the process. Once the review for each vehicle is completed, the vehicle will be shipped directly from Nashville to the dealer. We do not have an estimate we can share on the amount of time a particular vehicle will spend in Nashville.

Please understand our number one priority is to deliver the greatest, highest quality Corvette Stingray -- to every dealer, to every customer, every time.

We appreciate your patience and recognize the high amount of anticipation for the 2014 Corvette Stingray.

Sincerely,

I got the same letter. I have my car and it never went to Nasville
Old 10-17-2013, 04:41 AM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by fasa
I ordered my base C7 with no constraints on Sept 30. As of today, my email from faq says my order has been accepted by Chevrolet, awaiting assignment of production date...
Got same reply.Ordered mine 9/27/13. Query: Why the differences? Does this relate back to the dealer's allocation allotment issue?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 AM
fasa
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by HDBADDOG55
Got same reply.Ordered mine 9/27/13. Query: Why the differences? Does this relate back to the dealer's allocation allotment issue?
I don't think this is an allocation issue but I could be wrong. My dealer told me they had 4 allocation slots and mine was the last of them. My understanding is that if Chevy says they have accepted your order, then it is a real allocation. My theory is that they are waiting until they have enough orders from a certain geographic area so that they can set a production week that will make enough to fill a truck going to a certain area. For example I'm in upstate NY. If they only have 3 orders from some radius around me and they produce them, they are just going to sit in some lot until they get 17 more orders from around here and can fill a truck. This is just my theory.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmbarney

Sincerely,

Bmbarney,

Congrats on the production of your Stingray. As you probably know, we can look into order statuses for you upon request. We are excited that you will taking delivery soon of such a great vehicle.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Thanks for reaching out - I was told this Thursday 10/24 for a delivery - if you have any updated information - please let me know .... Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Base Corvettes = Fast Production

Quick Reply: Base Corvettes = Fast Production