C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your monthly payments on these gals?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
No, I do not have "a" financial advisor. I have three as I am involved in several different successful endeavors that require a variable range of financial and business expertise.
Thanks DR I needed a good chuckle. Have a Happy New Year and the best to you and your family..
Old 12-31-2014, 02:07 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 04 torch red vert
i was just curious to hear from some of you so i could get a figure on a monthly payment depending on down payment etc.... Did some pay cash outright for them? Thanks guys
$0.00
Old 12-31-2014, 02:15 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

Do "most financial advisors" realize that about 95% of car buyers can't buy a car without a loan? The truck and auto industry would suffer a world wide collapse if everyone took that advice. Ridiculous nonsense.
I think its nonsense too. But most say financing a car is not a good money decision. Im not saying its my advise. I have two cars financed....and I afford them fine. I dont agree with the logic either. I prefer to enjoy life and the money I make.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Icetoad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I do not have "a" financial advisor. I have three as I am involved in several different successful endeavors that require a variable range of financial and business expertise.
He wasnt talking to you.... he was talking to bapd77

Old 12-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Vette Ownership Made EZ...

Finance it for whatever you can get.... Make only one payment.....Drive the hell out of it...let them repossess it....Repeat...
It's the American way!!!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:25 PM
rstrait
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to know the guy that has the 7% guaranteed annual return! Most of those who are able to buy ourright talk about the stock market returns like they're a sure thing. There is a correction coming, nobody knows when. There is a fair chance that before the time a loan would be paid off it will come. The people who don't believe, "Past returns are no guarantee of future performance," could be in for a nasty surprise. Having said that, I'm going to take my chances and get a low interest loan rather than buy outright. If the market tanks, I can leave it in for 10 plus years or upon my death, whichever comes first. I wouldn't want to bet which strategy would be best in the short term, say needing the money in 4 to 5 years.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:48 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by rstrait
I want to know the guy that has the 7% guaranteed annual return! Most of those who are able to buy ourright talk about the stock market returns like they're a sure thing. There is a correction coming, nobody knows when. There is a fair chance that before the time a loan would be paid off it will come. The people who don't believe, "Past returns are no guarantee of future performance," could be in for a nasty surprise. Having said that, I'm going to take my chances and get a low interest loan rather than buy outright. If the market tanks, I can leave it in for 10 plus years or upon my death, whichever comes first. I wouldn't want to bet which strategy would be best in the short term, say needing the money in 4 to 5 years.
Agree totally with the above comments.

I was a financial advisor for 31 years, and retired; 2 years ago. Managed over $145 million dollars in assets. Yes, it's been a great 5 years since March 2009. But the guy that had this attitude to finance the car and invest the money in 2007, 2008 and part of 2009, got his *** kicked. How about 1984, 1987, 1994, 2000 and so many other years. Getting a loan for 72 to 84 months makes no sense, and I don't care what people/posters/members want to beat me up over this comment. They can do what they want, it's their money to make or lose. Allot of small time market players think they are the guru of Wall Street, which is a pretty hard thing to be. The markets are like a monster, thay can eat you up and spit you out so quickly, it makes your head spin.

As for 7% guaranteed return, the guy better fully understand what his investment is. In my 31 years on Wall Street, the word guaranteed was never used due to compliance issues. But who knows what he has because his response was so vague.

Let the buyer beware when entering any investment. Bernie Madoff and others had been guaranteeing 7% to 12% returns for years. Today, the clients are crying in their plastic cup filled with cheap beer.

Last edited by nmvettec7; 12-31-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:05 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYC7
Also who ever that was doing the 84 months... Go see a financial advisor PLEASE!!
I'm doing 84 months. Why do I need a financial advisor? I have excellent credit and I have done my math. I rather put down 15K now and penalize myself in 4K of interest vs put down 40K (that I don't have, but would in 2 years by putting away) and not be able to get the car for 2 more years. the interest I will "overpay" is less than what people overpaid for this car when it came out. With the my research, I was able to get the car with 10% discount which some people won't even know about (and pay more for the car that I would interest)

Last edited by 11B250; 12-31-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:10 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by nmvettec7

I was a financial advisor for 31 years, and retired 2 years ago. Managed over $145 million dollars in assets. Yes, it's been a great 5 years since March 2009. But the guy that had this attitude to finance the car and invest the money in 2007, 2008 and part of 2009, got his *** kicked. How about 1984, 1987, 1994, 2000 and so many other years. Getting a loan for 72 to 84 months makes no sense, and I don't care what people/posters/members want to beat me up over this comment. They can do what they want, it's their money to make or lose. Allot of small time market players think they are the guru of Wall Street, which is a pretty hard thing to be. The markets are like a monster, thay can eat you up and spit you out so quickly, it makes your head spin.

As for 7% guaranteed return, the guy better fully understand what his investment is. In my 31 years on Wall Street, the word guaranteed was never used due to compliance issues. But who knows what he has because his response was so vague.

Let the buyer beware when entering any investment. Bernie Madoff and others have been guaranteeing 7% to 12% returns for years. Today, the clients are crying in their plastic cup filled with cheap beer.
I see you have alot of experience, but you're looking at this as a finance person. Why not look at it like someone who always wanted this car, and with a slight premium can own it, making dreams come true (the case with many of us)

Just realize some of us pay more for the car overall (added interest) than to wait longer to pay more in cash in the long term.

This is like ragging on a dude who overpaid for his ferrari. It's his damn money. He made it, he earned it, and he paid for the car. If he wants to overpay because he feels a special connection with the car, well more power to him.

they have the option of long term loans for people who can afford to make smaller payments overtime with the penalty of paying for it. I can afford 600 a month, but I can't afford a 36 month loan at 2 times the cost (saving myself 4K in interest). I also rather pay few grand extra in interest and enjoy the car longer than to get it in the future with a much much higher downpayment (diff between a 15K downpayment vs a 40K downpayment if I were to keep payments same)

I'll be paying 5K in interest... that's a decent amount. But it's less than the price diff someone overpaid for this C7 when it 1st came out... (at 9% below MSRP, I actually saved all the interest plus a grand)

This thread is FUBAR from all angles.

Last edited by 11B250; 12-31-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:12 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 11B250
I see you have alot of experience, and I don't dare get into a financial battle with you...

But Just realize some of us pay more for the car overall than to wait longer to pay more in cash in the long term.

This is like ragging on a dude who overpaid for his ferrari. It's his damn money. He made it, he earned it, and he paid for the car.

they have the option of long term loans for people who can afford to make smaller payments overtime with the penalty of paying for it. I can afford 650 a month, but I can't afford a 36 month loan at 3 times the cost. I also rather pay few grand extra in interest and enjoy the car longer than to get it in the future with a much much higher downpayment.

This thread is FUBAR from all angles.
Hey, 11B250:

I agree with you. Your comment, "It's his damn money. He made it, he earned it, and he paid for the car".
Old 12-31-2014, 06:24 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Hey, 11B250:

I agree with you. Your comment, "It's his damn money. He made it, he earned it, and he paid for the car".
Thanks buddy. Really in the end, if you can make it work. Make it work. If not, you will lose your car, **** will get repoed and your credit will take a huge dump.

But I don't think a bank would give someone a 50-60K loan unless they had the good credit to back it up.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Everybody's financial situation is different so one statement/rule doesn't fit everyone. For example I don't want to pay cash for my car because I need the cash to mix in with my pre tax retirement dollars to keep myself in a lower tax bracket when I retire and make withdrawals and start collecting social security. I am willing to pay the interest on the loan to keep myself in the 15% tax bracket when I retire at least for a couple of years.

Last edited by Corgidog1; 12-31-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:48 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Trade-in plus balance in cash, no payments.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Stepa j
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a financial advisor for 31 years, and retired; 2 years ago. Managed over $145 million dollars in assets. Yes, it's been a great 5 years since March 2009. But the guy that had this attitude to finance the car and invest the money in 2007, 2008 and part of 2009, got his *** kicked. How about 1984, 1987, 1994, 2000 and so many other years. Getting a loan for 72 to 84 months makes no sense, and I don't care what people/posters/members want to beat me up over this comment. They can do what they want, it's their money to make or lose. Allot of small time market players think they are the guru of Wall Street, which is a pretty hard thing to be. The markets are like a monster, thay can eat you up and spit you out so quickly, it makes your head spin.

Let the buyer beware when entering any investment. Bernie Madoff and others had been guaranteeing 7% to 12% returns for years. Today, the clients are crying in their plastic cup filled with cheap beer.
This

In the buy v finance argument we must compare apples to apples. If you pay cash you have guaranteed yourself a return equal to what the interest would be. Assume 2% for a 5 yr note. Current 5 yr treasury is at 1.74. From a financial perspective comparing essentially risk free returns would you not be better off paying cash?

These threads are always fun. The guys that paid cash try to justify their decision and the guys that borrow make fun of the guys that paid cash because they are making 20% guaranteed in the market.

In my case I am too old for payments anymore.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:39 AM
jversluis
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

zero. paid in cash. What I nice feeling!
Old 01-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jversluis
zero. paid in cash. What I nice feeling!
I paid cash too. Only I didn't use my cash at this time, I used my credit union's cash.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Bragging is so unbecoming. Isn't "We're comfortable " code for I'm loaded?

Get notified of new replies

To What are your monthly payments on these gals?

Old 01-01-2015, 01:15 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ernest_T
Bragging is so unbecoming. Isn't "We're comfortable " code for I'm loaded?
"Success in life is what you make of it."

Even non college grads can be come multi millionaires, you just need to develop a plan and stick with it.

Financial success does not come overnight, it is a long term endevor. Start early.

And if you are successful and financially secure, be proud of it!

Last edited by nmvettec7; 01-01-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:33 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

So my wording was wrong. There is never any gauarntee
When investing. The investment I'm in has made over 7% for the past 3 years. My money is locked away for 5 years or there is a penalty but yes, it could make less than 7% in years 4 and 5. But even if it only made 1% both years it would still be over 7% per year average for the 5 years.

So I'm earning 7 while paying 3.3. To me that's a no brainier.

No, I'm not "well off" and probably should not have purchased a new 2015 but you only live once.

I'm also a non college graduate but have managed to do OK for my family and think after working as hard as I do, I deserve a C7.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 01-01-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:46 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
So my wording was wrong. There is never any gauarntee
When investing. The investment I'm in has made over 7% for the past 3 years. My money is locked away for 5 years or there is a penalty but yes, it could make less than 7% in years 4 and 5. But even if it only made 1% both years it would still be over 7% per year average for the 5 years.

So I'm earning 7 while paying 3.3. To me that's a no brainier.

No, I'm not "well off" and probably should not have purchased a new 2015 but you only live once.

I'm also a non college graduate but have managed to do OK for my family and think after working as hard as I do, I deserve a C7.

Be proud of your accomplishments....consider yourself a "success".

Enjoy the new ride.

Quick Reply: What are your monthly payments on these gals?