C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C7 owners: What has been the "public" response to your car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default New C7 owners: What has been the "public" response to your car?

I have a lot of threads by new owners and it appears the reaction by the general public to the new Corvette has been extremely positive.

So let's have it; when you are out and about what do non-Corvette people think about your new ride? Please share!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:07 PM
tcbrazil2012
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sheer pandamonium....I live in NC so the Corvettes by default are worshipped here. On top of that the car is red on red, it looks so exotic with the daytime running lights, I always have the exhaust opened all the way.. People taking pictures, videos, windows are all smudged with finger prints, people follow you, THIS ATTENTION is what you would expect an Aventador that costs 8x the price.

It just gets pretty old fast, especially all the Corvette stories you have to sit through and listen...It seems everyone over 40 owned a Corvette at some point in their life and they at times go for a little too long about their C3/4/5/ days lol.

Overall just positive, a few haters just because I am young (25yo)...but it comes with the territory.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

GREAT THREAD !!!There you go C7 owners/orderers. Get as creative as possible with the positive threads!!! Turn the C7 Forum into the multifaceted party is SHOULD be !!!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:23 PM
tcbrazil2012
Advanced

Originally Posted by rcallen484
GREAT THREAD !!!There you go C7 owners/orderers. Get as creative as possible with the positive threads!!! Turn the C7 Forum into the multifaceted party is SHOULD be !!!
Undecided if this was sarcasm or not lol
Old 10-13-2013, 08:24 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tcbrazil2012
Undecided if this was sarcasm or not lol
Absolutely NOT. I do not like anti-Corvette folks polluting this place.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Jesterissimo
Instructor

The good: Random shouts of "nice car" from strangers, unsolicited positive comments from people I know when they first see me with the car, hilarious rubber necks when I drive by people walking down the street.

The bad: Random strangers just walking up to the car and taking photos wherever I park it. And when they put the camera right up to the window to see the interior, well it just seems rude. Also people who speed up or slow down on the highway to try and get a look, I feel like I have to be extra careful and aware of my surroundings because they're paying attention to my car instead of driving their own.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Parked in front of the Mercedes dealership I work at, it draws more attention than anything we have in the showroom. Lots of people come in asking who owns the vette.

Showing up at the NCRS chapter meet made everyone forget about the judged cars and just want to take pictures with the new one.

Last edited by C7GrandSport; 10-13-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:02 PM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Yesterday the wife and I did a 10 minute Costco stop. There were a dozen head turns thru the lot to a choice spot away from other cars.
When we came out, a guy about 30 in a Prius was parked two spots away and said jokingly, "Eight people were around your car taking pictures, at first I thought they were looking at my Prius.". As I closed the hatch a mid 20s employee ran up and literally begged me to start the car for him. He said, "My Dad has a GT500 but this is on another level.".
Old 10-14-2013, 12:08 AM
KingMotley
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Lots of people taking pictures of mine, sometimes while they are driving, which scares me a bit. Almost got rear ended twice (they slammed on their brakes and couldn't had more than an inch or two left) from people trying to shoot video and not paying attention. Lots of comments, and a ton of rubber necking. If I'm at a light, it's scary watching some people taking a left in front of me and not watching the road at all.

Oh, and well, the LEO. They haven't stopped me yet, but it's not for a lack of trying. They shoot radar at me every chance they get, and they rubber neck the worst.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:16 AM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Like others, tons of photo,videos, thumbs up,conversations. Fun but it does have it's iffy moments like people driving and taking videos and photos and not paying attention to their driving. Went to a McDonad's drive thru and all the kids in the place were at the second window. People love the car. Some will even follow you. Funny thing though, I have driven 1200 miles without passing another Corvette of any kind and when I left the McDonalds I look behind me and it was another C7. Couldn't believe it. First one I have seen on the road. There are two exits into my neighborhood and it went into the first. Could it be, two in my own neighborhood already. I haven't seen it since, but I will be looking.

Get notified of new replies

To New C7 owners: What has been the "public" response to your car?

Quick Reply: New C7 owners: What has been the "public" response to your car?