** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Bee attack
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Media on C7

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
We'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread! Thank you for starting it. As always, if anybody would like our assistance in any way, we're only a private message away.

Sarah (Assisting Kelly)
Chevrolet Customer Care
I heard that you can not save or download music files in the radio Media . It that true and if not, how does one play recorded songs. And can you leave the usb stick plugged in all the time?
Old 04-19-2014, 03:28 AM
thundercat57
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed the same thing but, it seems to be ok I can still see well and even better it shows how close I get to a wall when backing in. Please share if you find out anything
Old 04-19-2014, 09:59 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Default usb device

Originally Posted by CaryKen
VIN #76
Non-Z51
Exposed CF roof, Arctic White, Base wheels, NPP exhaust, Black interior, 2LT package

CF ROOF PROBLEM:
Roof showed splotches in the clear coat that looked like a cross between hard water stains and adhesive bubbling. Dealer buffed out the roof and they went away, but dealer is ordering me a new roof panel anyway in case they weakened the UV protectant coating. Pictures in this post:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1585165740-post57.html

BACK HATCH INNER TRIM PROBLEM: have you tried a usb with a smaller
Hot glue spills, metal deformation, peeling paint on the inside of the back hatch where the black plastic insert (that holds the glass) is attached to the metal of the hatch. Not visible from the exterior. Dealer sanded, filled, and painted. Not picture perfect, but good enough to accept delivery. Pictures in this post:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1585165675-post78.html

USB MEDIA DEVICE SOMETIMES NOT RECOGNIZED:
USB memory stick with approximately 6000 songs and perhaps 40GB of content inserted in center console port. Usually plays fine. But occasionally upon starting the car, the audio display tells me that no media device is found. I cannot browse, skip, or pause the music that is still playing from the media device! Resolution is to turn off car and accessory power and then restart. Has happened twice so far. I have not reported it to dealer.
have you tried a usb stick with lets say only 1 or 2 g's of music !! I would say your usb will give the media center overload !!!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:05 AM
wgood
Drifting

Originally Posted by bluedevil 1
2014 vin#53 Premium Edition When in reverse and the camera is on, I can read a good portion of my license number. Both I and the dealer have looked for a adjustment, no joy. Am wondering if we are incorrect?
yes mine does this at 1st several feet then later shows normal picture ( no license) Wayne
Old 04-19-2014, 10:09 AM
wgood
Drifting

Originally Posted by vetehead
Vin 1356 ...z51 2lt nav npp manual magride ...

Hatch closing issue...software bugs with with the following:auto memory recall does not seem to work properly as well as easy exit recall. Remote left in vehicle seem to chirp 3 times with car running and I get out of car with remote in my left pocket..... every time??....I will update here if I find anything else.
Hatch closing ??? I still open my door and then drop the hatch or you still need to push if no door open but about 1/2-1/3 the pressure my C5 took to close the hatch !!! Wayne
Old 04-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Bee attack
Racer

I noticed the hatch will not lock until I open the door.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Bee attack
Racer

Default Drivers seat memory

How do I set the drivers seat when entering? Went I open the door the drivers seat moves to my driving settings. It should stay back until I get in. Help please . I read the manual but to ambiguous.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:13 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Bee attack
I noticed the hatch will not lock until I open the door.
Just needs more force. The car is pretty air tight. Using the handle in the hatch you pretty much have to slam the hatch. Videos and threads all over the forum about it.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:17 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

How do I set the drivers seat when entering? Went I open the door the drivers seat moves to my driving settings. It should stay back until I get in. Help please . I read the manual but to ambiguous.
Again, assuming you have a manual transmission; there are a ton of complaints about this issue all over the forum and even in this thread.

The manual is wrong and Chevy changed the way they were doing it (the right way) on the C6.

Chevy customer service refuses to talk about it publicly and will only PM about "troubleshooting", which ends in frustration and no resolution.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:39 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,621 Likes on 6,626 Posts

For your 2 issues: 1) forget the manual, it's confusing at best. Your problem is easily solved, just shut Auto Exit OFF! That will leave the seat in the exit position. However unless you have very long legs and can push the clutch to the floor and start the car, you’ll have to keep the desired seat button pushed in to get a full return. As HalfMoon noted we’ve been through this with Chevy Customer Service and basically, they will say, “It is working as designed!” We believe whoever made the mistake, since it’s not like the C6 etc., either won’t admit it or there is some legal problem we don’t understand!
2) As far as the hatch, all cars are different. I have not been able to get mine closed since October unless I leave a door open. I can slam as hard as I want-it will not latch. I've checked and my 'memory wire" vent works fine. I've adjusted the hatch stops to a point where it is misaligned-no help! We’re warned NOT to push in the center of the hatch to get it to latch, press at the edges of the window. Museum folks were told it could cause paint to crack. When I saw the hatch deflect in October, I stopped even trying and just keep the door open and it closes very easily!

Last edited by JerryU; 04-19-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:41 PM
c7joe
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Drivers Door Switch will not work

I was leaving and noticed my door was not all the way shut. So I pushed the button and the door did not open. I shut the car off and pushed the unlock and pushed the button and nothing happened. The only way out was with the emergency exit at the bottom of the door.

I got home and unhooked the battery for a while and hooked it back up and I still could not open it without the emergency exit. I have to guess that the switch has gone out.

Anyone else have this problem? I tried to do a search and there maybe be someone who has had this problem posted on this thread but I don't want to spend 3 hours to go through it.
Joe
Old 04-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Bee attack
Racer

Originally Posted by JerryU
For your 2 issues: 1) forget the manual, it's confusing at best. Your problem is easily solved, just shut Auto Exit OFF! That will leave the seat in the exit position. However unless you have very long legs and can push the clutch to the floor and start the car, you’ll have to keep the desired seat button pushed in to get a full return. As HalfMoon noted we’ve been through this with Chevy Customer Service and basically, they will say, “It is working as designed!” We believe whoever made the mistake, since it’s not like the C6 etc., either won’t admit it or there is some legal problem we don’t understand!
2) As far as the hatch, all cars are different. I have not been able to get mine closed since October unless I leave a door open. I can slam as hard as I want-it will not latch. I've checked and my 'memory wire" vent works fine. I've adjusted the hatch stops to a point where it is misaligned-no help! We’re warned NOT to push in the center of the hatch to get it to latch, press at the edges of the window. Museum folks were told it could cause paint to crack. When I saw the hatch deflect in October, I stopped even trying and just keep the door open and it closes very easily!
Correct my C6 worked the way it suppose too. Well, that is BS that customer service is avoiding the seat issue. Will bother them too with my complaint. Thanks for the 411

Regarding the hatch. I slammed it a little harder and now it locks.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51
Default How to overcome the hatch issue

This issue has been around since the car came out. The new high tech design for making it work doesn't work as well as 'low tech'. Simply lower the hatch till it stops and use your shoulder to press down with your elbow on the hatch. It's easy, works, and doesn't require slamming anything. Just give it a try once and you'll do it that way every time.
Correct my C6 worked the way it suppose too. Well, that is BS that customer service is avoiding the seat issue. Will bother them too with my complaint. Thanks for the 411

Regarding the hatch. I slammed it a little harder and now it locks.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:11 AM
coptertom
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Issue.......

Had the same issue back in November. Corvette was at the Dealer for over a week. GM had the tech reps go to the Dealer to diagnose the issues. They discovered that a fuse wire had shorted out in the module located in the passenger side. I am out of town however if you pm me....I will forward the information to you.

Originally Posted by c6joe
I was leaving and noticed my door was not all the way shut. So I pushed the button and the door did not open. I shut the car off and pushed the unlock and pushed the button and nothing happened. The only way out was with the emergency exit at the bottom of the door.

I got home and unhooked the battery for a while and hooked it back up and I still could not open it without the emergency exit. I have to guess that the switch has gone out.

Anyone else have this problem? I tried to do a search and there maybe be someone who has had this problem posted on this thread but I don't want to spend 3 hours to go through it.
Joe
Old 04-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Race_Banon
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Memory Seat Recall Issues

No, this isn't about having to hold in the memory seat #1 button to get the seat to return to the memory seat location. This is something I have not seen posted before.

M7

- #1 seat position and exit are set
- Easy Exit is on

So it used to work thus:

- Sit in seat (seat is all the way back in easy exit position)
- Press clutch in
- Start car
- Press and hold #1 memory seat button
- Seat returns to memory seat setting #1

At about 500 miles this is what happens

(Same steps as above)
- Press and hold #1
- Steering wheel moves 1/2 an inch then stops
- Press and hold #1
- Steering wheel moves another half an inch then stops
- Press and hold #1
- etc

If I reach down and move the seat forward just a little and then press and hold #1, viola it works! If I don't do that, it just seems to start to work and then stops in little jerky steps.

Nothing, except moving the seat a little seems to fix the problem. Waiting, same problem.

I guess I'll have to take it in but I haven't heard of this one before. Again it was working as expected for an M7 for the first 500 miles.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:23 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Race_Banon
No, this isn't about having to hold in the memory seat #1 button to get the seat to return to the memory seat location. This is something I have not seen posted before.

M7

- Easy Exit is on

So it used to work thus:

- Press clutch in
- Start car

(Same steps as above)
- Press and hold #1
- Press and hold #1
- Press and hold #1
- etc

If I reach down and move the seat forward just a little and then press and hold #1, viola it works! If I don't do that, it just seems to start to work and then stops in little jerky steps.

Nothing, except moving the seat a little seems to fix the problem. Waiting, same problem.

I guess I'll have to take it in but I haven't heard of this one before. Again it was working as expected for an M7 for the first 500 miles.
Agree sounds like a visit is needed. There was mention that if the seat it too far back there is a limit switch that prevents the automatic seat from returning. Never experienced it, but it was reported. Fact that if you touch the seat forward button and it works makes one wonder. Might try to have the exit postion just slightly forward from maximin.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

M7

- Easy Exit is on

So it used to work thus:

- Press clutch in
- Start car

(Same steps as above)
- Press and hold #1
- Press and hold #1
- Press and hold #1
- etc

My automatic started doing that yesterday. I reprogrammed the 1 and the auto exits and it is working correctly on about 8 exits today.

Get notified of new replies

To ** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Race_Banon
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JerryU
Agree sounds like a visit is needed. There was mention that if the seat it too far back there is a limit switch that prevents the automatic seat from returning. Never experienced it, but it was reported. Fact that if you touch the seat forward button and it works makes one wonder. Might try to have the exit postion just slightly forward from maximin.
I would agree except I haven't reset the exit position since it was originally set and it just magically stopped working.

Just went out and reset the Exit to slightly forward and higher (duh!, why didn't I think of higher before). And it is now working again. At least sitting in the driveway and trying it two or three times. I had tried resetting the driving position a number of times, but still the same problem.

I had heard of the max back seat problem but again I never reset from a position where it had been working for a couple weeks. I'll monitor and see if it happens again. If it happens again we'll see if another reset fixes it as now the Exit is nowhere near farthest down or back position.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

I would agree except I haven't reset the exit position since it was originally set and it just magically stopped working.

Just went out and reset the Exit to slightly forward and higher (duh!, why didn't I think of higher before). And it is now working again. At least sitting in the driveway and trying it two or three times. I had tried resetting the driving position a number of times, but still the same problem.

I had heard of the max back seat problem but again I never reset from a position where it had been working for a couple weeks. I'll monitor and see if it happens again. If it happens again we'll see if another reset fixes it as now the Exit is nowhere near farthest down or back position.
Glad that worked! When you said only the steering wheel moved slighly each time made me recall the issue about the switch. Let's hope that solved it for good!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:40 PM
vampz13x
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mine too. I thought I was crazy.

Originally Posted by Bisha
C7, Auto, Coupe - My HUD display seems to be tilted just slightly. The bottom line of green bars seems to be a bit to the right and what should be the vertical lines of the bars are tilted a bit thus making them display a bit of pixelation instead of being totally vertical. Anyone notice this or am I just seeing things?

I have a C6 also and its HUD as no issues like this.
is there a resolution?