Sponsored by:

Jackie Cooper transport

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Gr8ful
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jackie Cooper transport

The dealer called today they received my invoice. They said it may arrive Tuesday the 15th but could be 5 days after that.

Has anyone contacted the company that ships all Corvettes. Dispatch or scheduling department that tracks By VIN #?

I have a 250 mile drive to get to the dealer and want to be there when the truck pulls in, if possible.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2013, 11:58 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Gr8ful
The dealer called today they received my invoice. They said it may arrive Tuesday the 15th but could be 5 days after that.

Has anyone contacted the company that ships all Corvettes. Dispatch or scheduling department that tracks By VIN #?

I have a 250 mile drive to get to the dealer and want to be there when the truck pulls in, if possible.

Thanks
Hopefully they won't load it on the wrong truck and ship it to Michigan.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:02 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Hopefully they won't load it on the wrong truck and ship it to Michigan.
Maybe he should consider activating the OnStar system, which, by the way, does that allow near real time tracking so he would know its whereabouts as it makes the trip?
Old 10-13-2013, 04:54 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine was showed by GM as delivered on 10/1 but arrived on 10/3. I have to say, the gentleman driving the truck was an obviously seasoned veteran truck driver and was exemplary. He was running late due to traffic and called the dealer twice to update. He came thru after hours, insisted I drive the car around to PDI as soon as he backed it off the ramp, and came around and hung with us during PDI. I tried several times but he would not accept a well deserved thank you tip.
If JC Transport sent out customer surveys they would get all 10+ here.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Bat7Man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When mine was in transit I contacted Jack Cooper. They WERE NOT NICE to say the least. They told me they have ZERO way to track the vehicles. We all know this is a lie, as no one is going to give someone a shipment with almost a million dollars of cars and not know how to track them. Unfortunately, they will not be of any help. FWIW, my car showed up one day before the system said it would.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Default transport

Originally Posted by Gr8ful

Thanks
I called the company that shipped my Corvette, Cooper transport when I knew my c7 was on the way and the lady told me she could not give me a delivery date and to talk to my dealer.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:46 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Jack Cooper Transportation's customer is GM, not the end user. They have a logistics contact that is available to your dealer. They are not equipped to have contact with the eventual end user.

Unfortunately, this isn't UPS or FedEx and you can't use them to track your car like you track your package from Amazon.

If you contact them be prepared to be dismissed fairly quickly. It just isn't their job to talk to us and they don't usually handle it well.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Gr8ful
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all for saving me an exercise in futility.

I will have to trust my guy at the dealership. Hoefully the driver will be as professional as some others have had.
Man it has a fast deal. Ordered 18 sept, built 8 oct, here 15 oct. Printed out my checklist and my check is printed. No rain forecasted. Cool.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:48 AM
mt. view
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why wouldn't the trucker have the whatever to call the dealer to tell them they are broke down in Idaho, maybe the location and possible time of arrival. Communication is a wonderful thing.

Get notified of new replies

To Jackie Cooper transport

Quick Reply: Jackie Cooper transport