C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did they forget to install my magnetic ride control?

Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 PM
marktigerz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did they forget to install my magnetic ride control?

According to the manual, I am supposed to see this when I go to personalization menu and then driving mode

Driving Mode
Select and the following may be
displayed:
. Engine Sound Management
. Steering
. Suspension
Engine Sound Management
This allows the Engine Sound
Management feature to be turned
on or off.
Select Auto (Mode Selector) or Off.
Steering
This allows the Steering feature to
be turned on or off.
Select Auto (Mode Selector), Tour,
Sport, or Track.
Suspension
This allows the Suspension feature
to be turned on or off.
Select Auto (Mode Selector), Tour,
Sport, or Track.

Yet for some reason, I only see engine sound and steering options in my driving mode categories!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:49 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

The latest revision of the software removed that feature. It was too late to get it removed from the manual. Nothing is wrong. That feature is no longer available.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:51 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Talon thats good to hear, I also have mag ride and would of been worried
Old 10-11-2013, 08:53 PM
marktigerz
Advanced

Originally Posted by talon90
The latest revision of the software removed that feature. It was too late to get it removed from the manual. Nothing is wrong. That feature is no longer available.
Oh man thanks. I was getting paranoid. So the only way to choose and adjust this is by choosing a drive mode (Eco vs touring vs track etc)? No way to personalize it I mean?
Old 10-11-2013, 08:56 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by marktigerz
Oh man thanks. I was getting paranoid. So the only way to choose and adjust this is by choosing a drive mode (Eco vs touring vs track etc)? No way to personalize it I mean?
That is correct. Changing the Driver Mode Selector will affect the suspension feel. It can no longer be individualized.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is correct. Changing the Driver Mode Selector will affect the suspension feel. It can no longer be individualized.
Paul is correct....and man The settings can felt through the entire car...I.E.
Steering input,yaw,ride feel...etc. Gm got the mag ride dialed in...NICE...Guys you will love the handling feel and ride of a C7 Z51 with mag ride......This car was soooooo worth the wait!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:10 PM
C7 101 car
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

talon90....
I guess the exhaust is NOT able to be individualized in each mode either, is that correct ?
All I am able to change is making the exhaust open (loud) in ALL modes.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by C7 101 car
talon90....
I guess the exhaust is NOT able to be individualized in each mode either, is that correct ?
All I am able to change is making the exhaust open (loud) in ALL modes.

Personalization is limited to basically either as it came from the factory with variation in Weather, Eco or Tour, vs. Sport, vs. Track or Track mode all the time.

It isn't just about sound. It is about optimizing the incoming air with the outgoing air and providing the back pressure the engine is looking for for optimum efficiency.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:35 PM
C7 101 car
Instructor

Personalization is limited to basically either as it came from the factory with variation in Weather, Eco or Tour, vs. Sport, vs. Track or Track mode all the time.

It isn't just about sound. It is about optimizing the incoming air with the outgoing air and providing the back pressure the engine is looking for for optimum efficiency.
I am not sure what that has to do with the Personalization because you can have it open (loud) in all 5 modes.
I just wanted to change one mode "Tour" to open (loud) and keep the other 4 as they came from the factory. But I guess that can't be done ?

Old 10-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,909 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I am not following this. If you can set it to Track Mode (loud) all the time, then that would be minimum backpressure all the time, thus negating "optimum efficiency". I don't see how increasing backpressure increases efficiency anyway. It will affect charge dilution with exhaust gases (more EGR), but I doubt there is much change given that there are cats in the system with lots of backpressure already.

Michael
Old 10-11-2013, 10:54 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

I just wanted to change one mode "Tour" to open (loud) and keep the other 4 as they came from the factory. But I guess that can't be done ?

Did you see this discussion? "Apparently" the original intent was to offer that full customization option but it was changed prior to production to just the 2 options, tied to the mode or off.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-question.html
Old 10-12-2013, 06:12 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

I am not sure what that has to do with the Personalization because you can have it open (loud) in all 5 modes.

Originally Posted by Michael A
I am not following this. If you can set it to Track Mode (loud) all the time, then that would be minimum backpressure all the time, thus negating "optimum efficiency". I don't see how increasing backpressure increases efficiency anyway. It will affect charge dilution with exhaust gases (more EGR), but I doubt there is much change given that there are cats in the system with lots of backpressure already.

Michael
My only thought in my statement was that by limiting the user choices (variables) they can program for all the eventual possibilities. Because the C7 exhaust valves are electronic solenoids as opposed to the vacuum actuated system that was on the C6, there could have been a much wider range of possible positions that would need to be programmed in to the equation.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Paul, I'll have to check mine again, LoLa just came off the line this past Monday and she's fine a sassy lady as you could want. BUt I did set the sound in the settings to be 'ON' all the time and it works.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:47 AM
roscoe118
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Paul, I'll have to check mine again, LoLa just came off the line this past Monday and she's fine a sassy lady as you could want. BUt I did set the sound in the settings to be 'ON' all the time and it works.
When you say "it works" do you mean the software accepts it, or you can actually hear the exhaust note get louder?

'ON' could mean "tied to the mode" (as Rick T stated earlier) instead of 'OPEN', and 'OFF' well that's obvious. So it is opened based on the mode, but can be closed all the time (all modes), or in any specific mode, if you so choose.

Last edited by roscoe118; 10-12-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

GM reaaallly needs allow the MR to be customized while driving in any driver mode. Seriously. I will not buy one until this is optimized.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Why do people threaten not to buy a car unless.....I mean do they really think GM is going to change something to sell them a car? Can you just see them sitting around a table saying "what are we going to do"?
Old 10-12-2013, 11:35 AM
C7 101 car
Instructor

Originally Posted by roscoe118
When you say "it works" do you mean the software accepts it, or you can actually hear the exhaust note get louder?

'ON' could mean "tied to the mode" (as Rick T stated earlier) instead of 'OPEN', and 'OFF' well that's obvious. So it is opened based on the mode, but can be closed all the time (all modes), or in any specific mode, if you so choose.
You can NOT change it in any specific mode,

There are just TWO options....#1 is AUTO (factory setting) Changes with the drive mode that you are in.
#2 is OFF which is LOUD in ALL modes.
That is it NO other options !

Get notified of new replies

To Did they forget to install my magnetic ride control?

Old 10-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,909 Likes on 1,355 Posts

You can NOT change it in any specific mode,

There are just TWO options....#1 is AUTO (factory setting) Changes with the drive mode that you are in.
#2 is OFF which is LOUD in ALL modes.
That is it NO other options !

They didn't seem to get the message over at Chevy that people like to customize things to their taste. If it is done by computer, it should be programmable. Look at people's smart phones. There are no two alike.

Hills Start Assist can't be turned off AT ALL. Others have complained you have to turn on Rev Matching every time you get in the car if you want that. Exhaust can't be set for various modes. If these can't be programmed, it takes away a lot of the value.

Michael
Old 10-12-2013, 12:14 PM
MRREDDOG
Advanced

They didn't seem to get the message over at Chevy that people like to customize things to their taste. If it is done by computer, it should be programmable. Look at people's smart phones. There are no two alike.
I agree...
Old 10-12-2013, 12:17 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A

Hills Start Assist can't be turned off AT ALL. Others have complained you have to turn on Rev Matching every time you get in the car if you want that. Exhaust can't be set for various modes. If these can't be programmed, it takes away a lot of the value.

Michael
Exhaust can be set individually by mode... at least that's what several owners have commented on. Not to defend GM but they have given us more control over settings than any car I have owned... but I agree it would be nice to be able to program the other stuff independently.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did they forget to install my magnetic ride control?