Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stingray Infotainment System - Quick Reference guide

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 02:10 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

[QUOTE=talon90;1585162529]Tom, just to get the silly stuff out of the way, when you initially connected the S4 via the USB cable, did you use the "Media" button to scroll through the available choices to arrive at the connected phone? If you have been using a different device via USB you will need to acknowledge the connection of the new device and let it index the media content.

The USB thumbdrive from the reveal is formatted as a FAT device. It would need to be reformatted if you wanted to use it in the Stingray. The system will accept FAT32 or NTFS file formatting.

QUOTE]

Paul;
Thanks for the response.
Interesting, when I went to format the drive it did show as FAT32, but I reformatted to NTFS and it now works.
At the museum when Thomas linked my phone , he did it through the bluetooth. Maybe thats why it won't see it on a hUSB cable? I shut off bluetooth and still won't connect. Media button says no devices present. Hmmmmm sucks being old and dumb. Not too critical to have working as all my music is now on the tumbdrive and it does work through the bluetooth for what I need.

Cheers

Tom
Old 10-13-2013, 02:14 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

[QUOTE=tome;1585165000]
Originally Posted by talon90
Tom, just to get the silly stuff out of the way, when you initially connected the S4 via the USB cable, did you use the "Media" button to scroll through the available choices to arrive at the connected phone? If you have been using a different device via USB you will need to acknowledge the connection of the new device and let it index the media content.

The USB thumbdrive from the reveal is formatted as a FAT device. It would need to be reformatted if you wanted to use it in the Stingray. The system will accept FAT32 or NTFS file formatting.

QUOTE]

Paul;
Thanks for the response.
Interesting, when I went to format the drive it did show as FAT32, but I reformatted to NTFS and it now works.
At the museum when Thomas linked my phone , he did it through the bluetooth. Maybe thats why it won't see it on a hUSB cable? I shut off bluetooth and still won't connect. Media button says no devices present. Hmmmmm sucks being old and dumb. Not too critical to have working as all my music is now on the tumbdrive and it does work through the bluetooth for what I need.

Cheers

Tom
It could be specific to the S4. I have tried other Andoid phones but not specifically the S4. I wish I could be more help here but don't know very much about the Andoid phones in general, particularly little about the S4. I'm an iPhone guy.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:27 PM
StratonAce
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if you can play music by "Folders" on a usb device? I've been looking everywhere on the menus, but I just cannot seem to find an option for it. Unless I'm just missing it.

I can play all music from the usb just fine, but it just does not seem to recognize the folders I have set up on it.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:33 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by StratonAce
Does anyone know if you can play music by "Folders" on a usb device? I've been looking everywhere on the menus, but I just cannot seem to find an option for it. Unless I'm just missing it.

I can play all music from the usb just fine, but it just does not seem to recognize the folders I have set up on it.
For example, if you had created the folder from your iTunes directory and copied over all the artist/album folders to the root directory of the thumb drive it should recognize the folders and you should be able to navigate the folders to get to the individual content in each folder.

You should be able to bring up the USB device on the media selector and you should be able to browse the folders using the Folder View from the USB menu once selected.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:41 PM
StratonAce
6th Gear

For example, if you had created the folder from your iTunes directory and copied over all the artist/album folders to the root directory of the thumb drive it should recognize the folders and you should be able to navigate the folders to get to the individual content in each folder.

You should be able to bring up the USB device on the media selector and you should be able to browse the folders using the Folder View from the USB menu once selected.
Hmmm, I didn't see an option for "folder view", but all of my songs in all of the folders are available to play (by artists, genre, etc), just not available to play ONLY from my folders that I had set up.
And thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

Last edited by StratonAce; 11-01-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:45 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by StratonAce
Hmmm, I didn't see an option for "folder view", but all of my songs in all of the folders are available to play (by artists, genre, etc), just not available to play ONLY from my folders that I had set up.
And thank you for the response. Much appreciated.
It should be available on screen via the menu button once you have selected the USB device from the media choices. Along the bottom you will see artist, song, playlist, genre and menu. If present in the software version it will be under the menu selections.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:47 PM
StratonAce
6th Gear

It should be available on screen via the menu button once you have selected the USB device from the media choices. Along the bottom you will see artist, song, playlist, genre and menu. If present in the software version it will be under the menu selections.
Thank you talon, I'll look again. It was probably right in front of my nose and I still missed it.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
tsekhar
Intermediate

Paul, are there different software versions installed, because for the life of me, I'm not able to get the favorites, but it only pulls up phone menu. Not much of an issue since it's actually easier to use voice recognition to dial. But still, just wondered whether there were newer versions which had the feature... Thanks, Sekhar.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 AM
NOMRW8NG
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More than one is possible. I believe the number is five as I recall.
Thanks. I'm not sure what the max number is, but what was happening was that the waypoints were being added to the route and automatically put into order based the routing option that set for quickest route. I thought that because it wasn't asking me where in the route to put the waypoint that is was simply overwriting a single waypoint each time.

Larry
Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 AM
C7Z51_2014
Instructor

Great thread, thank you Talon.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Minnesota122001
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
no....
If the NAV system is the similar to the one I have in my 2014 Chevy Impala, you have to either call OnStar and have them download your trip to the NAV system or you can do it yourself through a link on the My Chevrolet APP on your IPhone, IPad or whatever other device you have. I have used the link through the My Chevrolet APP and it works great.

P.S. No VIN number yet on my 2014 Corvette but it is scheduled to be built Wednesday, October 23rd.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:09 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Question: I paired my iPhone easily and successfully on delivery at NCM on 10/10 and today for no apparent reason the screen asked to pair a phone even though the only phone in the car was the existing already paired iPhone. I hit the "X" to clear the screen and this apparently deleted my existing paired status. Attempts to use iPhone failed and attempts to Pair also failed. I tried multiple variations to pair and no luck. The Chevrolet Mylink appears in the iPhone settings but when selected does not pair. HELP! Thanks.

Trial and error fixed the problem! Tried everything and finally deleted the ChevroletMyLink on the iPhone Settings and started over per instructions and the Pairing was successful.

Last edited by V8 Juice; 10-20-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Update
Old 10-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Robert.S
Intermediate

Default Need your input on USB

What is a good USB stick to buy for this infotainment center not sure what to get? I'll miss my CD's but time marches on. Any help appreciated
Old 10-25-2013, 09:14 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert.S
What is a good USB stick to buy for this infotainment center not sure what to get? I'll miss my CD's but time marches on. Any help appreciated
Many people will tell you that memory is memory. Just find the cheapest price for the capacity. I believe that there are differences in reliability, durability when exposed to temperature variations, and speed of read/write.

My computer has USB 3.0 ports, which make it much faster to copy my music files onto a USB 3.0 stick. This is not relevant in the car, which uses the older/slower USB 2.0 format.

I did some reading and settled on the ADATA Superior S102 Pro. Good price on Amazon for a large capacity USB 3.0 (I use the 64GB as I like to carry LOTS of music on road trips).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF9HYXQ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF9HYXQ

So far it has been working fine in the car.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 AM
KaKruisin
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for this. I picked up my car at the Museum this past Thursday, and saw that you picked up yours as well. I had three nights on the road during my 2000 mile trip back to Arizona. Each night, I brought this up on my iPad to learn more about the system, which I then tried the next day. It helped me get comfortable with the car.

On p.20 you describe a power port on the driver's side in the rear storage compartment for a battery maintainer - isn't this on the passenger side?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by KaKruisin
Thanks for this. I picked up my car at the Museum this past Thursday, and saw that you picked up yours as well. I had three nights on the road during my 2000 mile trip back to Arizona. Each night, I brought this up on my iPad to learn more about the system, which I then tried the next day. It helped me get comfortable with the car.

On p.20 you describe a power port on the driver's side in the rear storage compartment for a battery maintainer - isn't this on the passenger side?
Yes, that is correct. It is on the passenger side just above the battery. Just me not thinking straight. Thanks for the correction.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:35 PM
lottavettes
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't know they put the battery back in the car again like the old days.

Easy one Paul; how do you reset the 'Trip odometers'?

Get notified of new replies

To Stingray Infotainment System - Quick Reference guide

Old 11-01-2013, 01:04 PM
kirbsc
Racer

Wanted to add this to the possible music locations to play from. I recently uploaded music to the Google Cloud and I can play this Via Bluetooth connection from my Samsung S3. I use the Media screen to go to the connection.
Talon90 you have more information on using a Music Cloud and Bluetooth?

BTW - Thanks for the guide, great information!!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:22 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by lottavettes
Didn't know they put the battery back in the car again like the old days.

Easy one Paul; how do you reset the 'Trip odometers'?
Bring up the trip display on the center screen and press and hold the SEL button until it beeps.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
bertes1
Heel & Toe

Default Problem linking IP gauges

Following the guide I select "Settings Menu". I can get the "US" display. No matter which direction I scroll I am unable to get "link to Drive Mode" screen.

What am I missing and what can I do?

Last edited by bertes1; 11-02-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Stingray Infotainment System - Quick Reference guide