Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 PM
66dreams
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 836 Likes on 372 Posts

You should make a permanent thread with all your quick reference guides.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:33 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I'd like to add my thanks as well. My car has about 200 miles now and I haven't had the time to configure anything yet, but this will definitely help!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Thank you Paul
Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

I have updated the document to include some additional information about the configurable IP.

**** Revision 2 is now up on my site. Same link, same file name so the download link will still work. *****
Old 10-12-2013, 08:01 AM
NOMRW8NG
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, this is very helpful!

Am I correct in thinking that you can have only one waypoint on a route?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:56 AM
tsekhar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much Paul. This is really useful. There is one thing I have not been able to figure out and that is how to set phone numbers as favorites or as speed dial buttons. Any suggestions?

Sekhar
Old 10-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Balthazar_B
Instructor

Originally Posted by NOMRW8NG
Wow, how retro would that be?
Old 10-12-2013, 02:30 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by tsekhar
Thank you very much Paul. This is really useful. There is one thing I have not been able to figure out and that is how to set phone numbers as favorites or as speed dial buttons. Any suggestions?

Sekhar
With that contact detail or that phone number displaying on the screen, select a favorite location and press and hold it.

Works the same way with anything like a destination or mixed mode audio, just press and hold a favorite location with it displayed on the screen.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:31 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by NOMRW8NG
Thanks, this is very helpful!

More than one is possible. I believe the number is five as I recall.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:14 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

Question regarding Galaxy S4. When I connect via USB port the infotainment system doesn't recognize or even see the phone. My friends Ipod worked just fine. It will work with bluetooth but most of the infotainment features don't work or does it show anything on the screen but the name of the song. Nothing like the info/features when the Ipod was plugged in. So should the system "see" the Galaxy?

Second question, I tried loading music to my Corvette thumbdrive that I go at the reveal, and the system ignores it also. I can plug into my laptop and drive works just fine. Any thoughts?

I tried another USB device after I copied all the music to it from the Corvette drive and it works just fine.

So what do you think I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Tom
Old 10-12-2013, 05:38 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Paul, Thanks for the information. I had NCM delivery Thursday 10/10 and learned a lot but subsequently realized a problem. My iPhone paired just fine at NCM and made outgoing voice calls easily. Only later en route home did I realize incoming calls did not "ring" until I saw voice mails. I called people and asked them to call me back and again no ring tone from either the car or my iPhone. On my C6 incoming calls would ring on the car speakers and I could answer the call via car hands free. The Owner's Manual is NO help and checking sub-menus is useless and the dealer tried to be helpful but is as clueless as I am. Can you help?
Thanks,
Art
Old 10-13-2013, 06:12 AM
billbunton
Advanced

V8 Juice, are you sure you had signal? After we paired my iPhone at the museum, I got an incoming call (while we were still going over the system) that did ring and display on the center console.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I am a little confused about traffic on my NAV. I have never had this feature. Also I have never had OnStar. The dealer activated the OnStar what do I need to do ? Also what the heck do I need it for?

Thanks.

Enjoyed your video on Infotainment
Old 10-13-2013, 08:23 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by tome
Question regarding Galaxy S4. When I connect via USB port the infotainment system doesn't recognize or even see the phone. My friends Ipod worked just fine. It will work with bluetooth but most of the infotainment features don't work or does it show anything on the screen but the name of the song. Nothing like the info/features when the Ipod was plugged in. So should the system "see" the Galaxy?

Second question, I tried loading music to my Corvette thumbdrive that I go at the reveal, and the system ignores it also. I can plug into my laptop and drive works just fine. Any thoughts?

I tried another USB device after I copied all the music to it from the Corvette drive and it works just fine.

So what do you think I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Tom
Tom, just to get the silly stuff out of the way, when you initially connected the S4 via the USB cable, did you use the "Media" button to scroll through the available choices to arrive at the connected phone? If you have been using a different device via USB you will need to acknowledge the connection of the new device and let it index the media content.

The USB thumbdrive from the reveal is formatted as a FAT device. It would need to be reformatted if you wanted to use it in the Stingray. The system will accept FAT32 or NTFS file formatting.

V8 Juice,

You should be receiving calls via the system. Could it have been a signal issue?

Last edited by talon90; 10-13-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:41 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by Bill17601
I am a little confused about traffic on my NAV. I have never had this feature. Also I have never had OnStar. The dealer activated the OnStar what do I need to do ? Also what the heck do I need it for?

Thanks.

Enjoyed your video on Infotainment
The traffic system will update your on screen map with traffic issues and will offer you alternate routes to navigate around the traffic problem if under route guidance.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:10 AM
tsekhar
Intermediate

Originally Posted by talon90
With that contact detail or that phone number displaying on the screen, select a favorite location and press and hold it.

Works the same way with anything like a destination or mixed mode audio, just press and hold a favorite location with it displayed on the screen.
Maybe I'm just not getting it, but when I have a contact detail pulled up from the contact list on the phone mode, I have no way to bring up the Favorites to put it into a location. Pulling up the tab button at the bottom of the screen brings up the phone menu and not the Favorites. I was able to input an address, add it to the Vehicle contact list and then save the address to a Favorite location. I should probably go back and look at your video at the NCM to see if there is something there. In the meantime, if you can walk me through this it would be great.

Thanks, Sekhar

Get notified of new replies

To Stingray Infotainment System - Quick Reference guide

Old 10-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Is there a way to enter a Nav destination through entering Geo-coordinates (Latitude, longitude)?

C6 Nav did have this option and it was very useful for me, since I work in a Telecom company where I sometimes have to visit Telecom poles, and the only address info available for those poles is through Geo-coordinates
Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by tsekhar
Maybe I'm just not getting it, but when I have a contact detail pulled up from the contact list on the phone mode, I have no way to bring up the Favorites to put it into a location. Pulling up the tab button at the bottom of the screen brings up the phone menu and not the Favorites. I was able to input an address, add it to the Vehicle contact list and then save the address to a Favorite location. I should probably go back and look at your video at the NCM to see if there is something there. In the meantime, if you can walk me through this it would be great.

Thanks, Sekhar
You should have a chevron looking arrow on the lower right of your screen. If you press that the favorites tab will pop up. Don't use the Menu button, clear the menu bar from the screen with the menu button hard key or by pressing the screen and it should reveal the Chevron as pictured here in the lower right hand corner.

Here is another illustration but using an mp3 selection that is playing.

Here is the screen with the menu bar showing:

Here is the screen with the menu bar minimized and the chevron showing which will pull up the favorites bar.

Here is the screen with the favorites bar showing

The same can be accomplished on almost any screen. With the favorites showing and your selection on the screen, press and hold a favorite location and that mixed media item (song, album, artist, playlist, contact, destination, etc.) will be added as a favorite.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:41 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=talon90;

V8 Juice,

You should be receiving calls via the system. Could it have been a signal issue?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comment; I also suspected the signal but outgoing calls were fine. When i stopped for gas I made calls from the car and also walked away from the car with the iPhone and asked for call back from friend and phone rang fine. Other attempts the last few days have same no ring tone for incoming. Reluctantly going to delete the phone on car and try to re-boot and see what happens. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks again for the help Talon, the Owners Manual is totally deficient, GM should have a downloadable very comprehensive guide for all the NAV, Audio, Phone and many, many options. BTW, the NAV is far inferior to a good Garmin system and GM engineers admit it privately. In all other aspects the C7 is awesome!

Quick Reply: Stingray Infotainment System - Quick Reference guide