Sponsored by:

An honest inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Jpiatchek
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Happy with my C7

Some of you guys are unbelievable.nitpick, nitpick, nitpick. Bitch, bitch, bitch. I believe some of you would delight in seeing the C7 fail. I have over 650 miles on mine with no issues, #1238. My 2012 C6 had clutch issues at 100 miles and was replaced in the first month.
I have owned over 200 cars and been on a lot of forums and this one has to rank as one of the most nitpicking, opinionated and negative ones I have seen. Just my thoughts. Give me your best shot. Been silent too long.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:13 PM
torijona
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jpiatchek
Some of you guys are unbelievable.nitpick, nitpick, nitpick. Bitch, bitch, bitch. I believe some of you would delight in seeing the C7 fail. I have over 650 miles on mine with no issues, #1238. My 2012 C6 had clutch issues at 100 miles and was replaced in the first month.
I have owned over 200 cars and been on a lot of forums and this one has to rank as one of the most nitpicking, opinionated and negative ones I have seen. Just my thoughts. Give me your best shot. Been silent too long.
I used to think that m3forum was worse with their constant pissing contests, but this one gets bad. I kept up to date with C7 new info for 4 months without registering for that same reason.

Too much negativity and people wanting it to fail so that they can say "I knew it. You never get a first model car or I want the Hi-PO version (pissing contest) blah blah blah, etc, etc."

I will certainly be enjoying my C7 while those kinds of people just sit in front of the computer making excuses to make themselves feel better. I do truly feel sorry for those with C7's with issues. Rest assured that you will be taken care of.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:20 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

I think some of it has to do with a longing to own "The very last of the best/true Corvettes". Some of the chrome bumper guys are like that to an extent and some of them are off the deep end because 1967 was it and there hasn't been a Corvette since. It's almost impossible to not think that same frame of mind is not present when you see "427" five or more times in someone's post as to why their C6 will be the last best thing ever in this car's history. They've simply made too many of these modern Vettes, 7.0 liter or not, to see any holy grail status annointed in the foreseable decades to come.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Let me start by simply saying please DO NOT take this in any way as a slight against the C7, it is more about GM and their lack of quality control...
Does anyone else think the amount of problems seem to be exorbitant? Lastly this is a thread about opinions of people who post here whether they have a 7 or not, please do not turn it into anything else!
So much for that^
Old 10-11-2013, 01:29 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by doneski
to be honest... that's the reason I'm going to Porsche. Because the quality is just NOT there with GM. With the customer service and the quality of the build. If I am going to spend 60-70k, I want something stable and reliable.
Well the quality is not there with Porsche. We had a Cayenne S model that we bought new, and it was a electrical nightmare. 67,000 dollars. It happens to all car manufacturers.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:38 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenmcp
There is no doubt in my mind that GM customer service is a mess. Most Vettes do not have a major problem. Minor issues are fixed quickly be a dealer. Major issues do take time and you have to take it upon yourself to get GM to correct things in a timely fashion. Having said that, if you love Vettes, you have to take the poor service as part of the deal. It should not be that way, but it is. And now, the flame posts will begin!
I don't think GM Customer Service is a mess. I have always been treated well at my GM dealer in fact above and beyond in a couple cases. The issue seems to be quality of their products and quality control during changeover models like the C7. It is still lacking after repeated attempts over the years to turn it around. That said after a year I would love to buy a C7 and let my dealer take care of any issues.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:46 PM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You are right and the OP is the biggest offender still on the forum. It is hard to understand why some people with no interest in the car spend so much time finding ways to degrade it.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Some people need to get a life!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:54 PM
CaptRat
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H101
15 days, 2,500 miles, washed 5 times (wife says I used a magnifying glass).... not even a tiny flaw
Only 3 days, 300 miles, one wash and no flaws, and believe me, I've looked for them. They're just not there. And I am definitely an "attention to detail" guy. So if there was something worth mentioning, I would have seen it by now.

For my personal taste, there are a couple of things with MyLink I might have designed differently, but I have similar complaints about MS Windows and the Mac OS.

Cars are complex machines and they're going to have design flaws and they're going to break. It doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, that's just the way it is. For those that are having fun trying to "harsh my mellow" with posts denigrating GM, the C7, BG assembly practices, GM QC, etc., party on. I suspect the vast majority of new C7 owners are well more than happy with their buying experience and their car. It's just hard to get the attention of the detractors with a simple "My car rocks, no problems" post.

Rat

Oh, BTW, my car rocks, no problems!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:54 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,453 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
How dare you question Ferrari's QC. Dont you know they are the finest, most expensive european automobiles. We all know that spending more, means more quality.

Atleast with Ferrari you never have to worry about your door sills missing.

That hurts to even look at.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:58 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint

That hurts to even look at.
I'm not a big fan of flames, but if I were, I would go with the painted one's
Old 10-11-2013, 01:58 PM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Let me start by simply saying please DO NOT take this in any way as a slight against the C7, it is more about GM and their lack of quality control.

I really have no idea what the % of new owners are posters/members here on the forum but it is unreal how many complaints and issues have been posted in a few week period. My point is if we are reading just what is posted here I wonder how many other dissatisfied new owners are out there.

I completely understand that things do happen when a product is mass produced but the amount of problems that have been stated are just staggering. I won't get into the specific issues I've read about but I will ask, why is the apparent build and quality process so seemingly inferior?

I have been with Acura for 21 years and I can tell you that I have never seen with our product paint peeling, parts missing, misalignment, unfilled fluids etc. not to mention the electronic and other issues some have posted here. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying we don't have problems too but we aren't selling iconic 60-70k sports cars, and what problems we do have pale in comparison.

Again this is not about the C7, it's about how disappointing the QC and refinement of the C7 is. For the guys who have a "perfect" car count your blessings, for the guys who are dealing with minor or major issues I hope you can see it through and your cars are also perfect soon.

Does anyone else think the amount of problems seem to be exorbitant? Lastly this is a thread about opinions of people who post here whether they have a 7 or not, please do not turn it into anything else!
If you have a problem with your new C7 GM will fix it.

Unfortunately, until there are hard numbers showing initial quality comparisons, these threads will be nothing more than an opportunity for the GM haters, the drama queens and the chicken little's to bemoan the fate of C7 buyers.

It appears to be the same on every car site, camera site, any site that gives people with too much time on their hands a place to complain about things they really don't know too much about.

Its good to skip these threads but sometimes they sneak up on you.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:04 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Let me start by simply saying please DO NOT take this in any way as a slight against the C7...
Says the Acura salesman busily preselling NSXs...
Old 10-11-2013, 02:10 PM
VIN666
Pro

The NSX will be a hybrid, will look like horse and will cost 3 times as much as the C7.
I don't think they compete against each other as far as sales are concerned.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Considering that the majority of new owners don't even know about this forum there is a real chance that the quality is even worse.
OR...the general quality is actaully better, because there are many who are satisfied but not posted. I am one of them. The positive reviews by others have been detailed and eloquent enough. I can't really add anything useful except to say "me too." I am one of the lucky ones who has no complaints and loves the car more every day I drive it. I hope those with issues are able to look back at them soon as a minor inconvenience.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:14 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by VIN666
The NSX will be a hybrid, will look like horse and will cost 3 times as much as the C7.
I don't think they compete against each other as far as sales are concerned.
Preselling--- look it up. What will the upcoming Corvette top dog ZR1 cost? And built by that SAME LOUSY GM plant at Bowling Green! OP also is a big time professional flipper of performance cars. He always has other options for those who would otherwise buy C7s.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:15 PM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmacZO6
You are right and the OP is the biggest offender still on the forum. It is hard to understand why some people with no interest in the car spend so much time finding ways to degrade it.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Some people need to get a life!

Everyone who has been on the forum for a while knows the OP is just having fun stirring the pot. Trying to cover by posting a "serious' question is laughable.
If he is in the car business he obviously knows better,and while I have enjoyed several Acuras myself in the past,they were not without flaws.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Expectations can be different based on previous experience. If all my previous cars were Bentleys with a flawless fit and finish I will no doubt find problems with the C7. If all I can compare to is a rusted out Camaro the C7 even with missing parts will surpass my expecatations. Diminished expectations will yield diminished results.
You're probably right. Those of us with C7's that have no real issues probably just don't know quality as well as somebody with a 5-year old Z06.
S.

Get notified of new replies

To An honest inquiry

Old 10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
VIN666
Pro

Maybe you are on to something. Not saying you are wrong.
To me, this is another bitch and whine thread, just like the other 85% of threads posted here...
I tried to contribute (not with the NSX comment obviously), but it has spiraled out of control, as expected.

Simple fact. Unless you pay a huge premium for a Porsche, EVERY car you buy will have a problem. And even if you get a p car, the chances are still 8 in 10...
Deal with it.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:18 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06

I bet they charge extra for the Enzo Ferrari BBQ sauce.

Last edited by TTRotary; 10-11-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by TTRotary
I bet they charge extra for the BBQ sauce.
And the oven mitts. Don't forget the oven mitts.

S.

Quick Reply: An honest inquiry