Sponsored by:

Fuel pump issues at only 200 miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 PM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fuel pump issues at only 200 miles

Was chating with local dealership personnel, and they "already have a C7 back with issues" (red Z51) Car ran out of fuel with only 200 miles on it.
At the moment they have it narrowed down to the fuel delivery pump. Also said that getting to the PCM is a major pain. "takes 4 times longer to access it than on the C6". Course that could just be because it's the 1st time getting to it.

A side bar question here;
We seem to be seeing quite a few issues threads right now. In the grand scheme of things, is this a normal # of issues with 1st model year?
What's an "acceptable" % of cars with issues vs # built? (for new model roll out)
Old 10-10-2013, 08:59 PM
OddJob1971
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

I had a module fail for the radio in my new C7. Tech had to rip half the dash apart to get to it. Took him 3hrs to get to it and since none of the dealers have any parts yet. My car is still there waiting for GM to ship him the new module.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Normal? Acceptable??? Not sure you can ever define those words on a new car. If it is your car it is a serious situation. You have waited and waited and now you have an issue.

But I think I am correct that if someone has a problem they will be motivated to share that situation vrs someone who is out cruising away trouble free,

Is that not the nature of social networks specifically forums and human nature???

Hope for speedy successful repairs to all who encounter issues.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 PM
1986C4Z51
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a result of cramming so much stuff into a car just because you can, IMO. I have a car that I was showing off because it had wind-up windows, and it's nearly impossible to find one like that, anymore.

For some reason, gadgets have become the primary focus of a lot of peoples' lives to the point that everything else is secondary (like a lot of people will sit down in a restaurant, even with people they haven't met, and immediately become immersed in their I-phones).

I'm sure that the main reason the C7 PCM is so difficult to get to is that it's surrounded by control modules, relays, wire bundles, etc, that control other gadgets that you may or may not actually need.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:14 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

There are far more threads from successful deliveries than issues. But ithe issue threads attract all the drama.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:51 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 767 Likes on 523 Posts

I hate drama but still listening to complaints
Old 10-10-2013, 09:57 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If they are competent at putting it back together than fine. But everyone know
once you take something apart after its been factory made. Its just does not
fit the same. A clip here gone or a bolt screw. Than come the rattle or creak.
Poor tech, having to rip into a new one with no prior experience

Bad these cars are not making a couple weeks. Seems to be in all areas, making
it hard to pinpoint build quality.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,955 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2

I understand your concern. Where is the fuel pump on your car?

Michael
Old 10-10-2013, 10:06 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CarBoy
Was chating with local dealership personnel, and they "already have a C7 back with issues" (red Z51) Car ran out of fuel with only 200 miles on it.
At the moment they have it narrowed down to the fuel delivery pump. Also said that getting to the PCM is a major pain. "takes 4 times longer to access it than on the C6". Course that could just be because it's the 1st time getting to it.
So who was it specifically at what dealer? When you were chatting did they tell you they put 87 octane in it or not?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 PM
OddJob1971
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by texvette2

That is my major concern. It's not that the module failed. It's more of the fact that they had to tear half the dash apart and I know it will not go back the way it was.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51
Default Reality

Today, especially with the internet you will hear about nearly all issues that happen. But the happy folks driving the wheels off with no issues are in the vast majority and you don't hear from them at all. Here in the forum we probably have 10-20% of the buyers so far if even that. So don't get too hung up on anomaly's unless it's so bad (high percentage) it makes the news. Too often we get folks here bad mouthing and don't have the particulate car 'C7' they're ranting about. And take in case the guy with the differential replacement. Warranty and GM took care of him and he's a happy camper. He always had faith and not one bad word from him. Just saying ....... Take a breath and be cautious of believing what you hear from many that don't own the car.
Originally Posted by CarBoy

A side bar question here;
We seem to be seeing quite a few issues threads right now. In the grand scheme of things, is this a normal # of issues with 1st model year?
What's an "acceptable" % of cars with issues vs # built? (for new model roll out)

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel pump issues at only 200 miles

Quick Reply: Fuel pump issues at only 200 miles